Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's the love for Dhall?

authentic

Stats an game film beg to differ with your analysis of dhalls play but you're entitled to see it how you want to...

he does have one INT in each of the last 2 games as well as the onsides kick vs dallas. is there anything else you can point to to indicate he's playing better? (not asking to incite, i'm really intrigued by the polarizing effect Dhall has on fans and i think hall has looked better of late, but personally have my doubts as to how good he is based on opinions outside of redskins fans) :)

edit- i see on PFF that he was targeted 8 times and gave up 5 catches for 36 yards. i'd say thats a good day. very impressive.

D. Hall is a play-making Corner with sub-average cover-corner skills. He is kind of like Asaunte Samuels, if he is anywhere in position to get his hands on the ball, he usually will come away with an INT, however he gets beat enough overshadow the plays he makes.

I'd say his play has improved as the defense overall, especially the pass rush has had more success. It allows the secondary to take more chances, due to the QB having to force the ball more often.

Hall is extremely good at taking advantage of the situation. He will always get the deserved credit for that. He is pretty much the opposite of Carlos Rogers, who is pretty good at coverage, but horrible at making plays.

D. Hall is a play-making Corner with sub-average cover-corner skills. He is kind of like Asaunte Samuels, if he is anywhere in position to get his hands on the ball, he usually will come away with an INT, however he gets beat enough overshadow the plays he makes.

this is basically my thinking with regards to hall. i've said that my problem with him is that, going back to last year, he doesnt make enough plays to offset the plays that he gives up. the last 2 games, he clearly has.

its kind of funny. a player gets roasted for not doing much of anything all year. he puts together one or two games, and people say 'i told ya so!'. this is what we do as fans. very interesting.

If you look at DeAngelo Hall's stats from the past two weeks he is actually playing Pro Bowl ball. Before then ... he was so so. Hopefully he continues to step up his game and others on the defense *cought, cough* Josh Wilson *cough, cough* do the same thing.

HTTR

Poor old oppressed Jumbo has been pointing such reality out (with absolutely zero man-love for Hall) all season and has suffered the slings and arrows of outraged igwads. :pfft:

This board is mainly a loony bin half the time and just clueless the other half. I'm an exception.

I like to split mine up 75% loon-time, 25% clueless-time.

Poor old oppressed Jumbo has been pointing such reality out (with absolutely zero man-love for Hall) all season and has suffered the slings and arrows of outraged igwads. :pfft:

This board is mainly a loony bin half the time and just clueless the other half. I'm an exception.

I like to split mine up 75% loon-time, 25% clueless-time.

And it really upsets those of us who are on the 75% Clueless side.:ols:

I like DHall. I like his passion and leadership. Yes he may be "overpaid", but that's not his fault. Yes he may be a knucklehead, but dude is a baller.

I just wish he would have run in the kickoff last week for the TD. Some say it was the sportsmanship play and very unselfish, which istrue. But on the other side, sticking it to Dallas a bit more is much more fun and gratifying. :)

He's never gonna get much love from me. Not after all the ridiculous unsportsmanlike penalties and touchdowns he's given up in his time here.

And the number of interceptioins he has is a moot point. Some of the best corners in the game don't get many interceptions, because teams rarely throw in their direction. Needless to say, teams throw Hall's way a LOT.

He hasn't earned all the money the Redskins have given him. I wouldn't mind if he's gone next year, no.

How many big plays have he given up this season? Try to analyze his play objectively. He's been pretty solid this year.

What's wrong with what I said? He's still tackling well and looks better with safety help. But he's still not a lock down corner, and we still need to add talent to our secondary. I am watching the games still and Romo sits to pee threw for 441 yards against us. Dez Bryant, their #1 WR, had 8 catches for 145 yards and 2 TDs. Even if we're winning that's still not good. We need more talent in the secondary and either move DHall around or get rid of him.

That's whether we like him or not...

Trivia. Who was covering Bryant on that long TD? Hint. Not Hall.

DHall is a gambler who up until recently has been on a long losing streak. Everyone loves a winner. He's not a bad corner, but the chances he takes leads to these severe impressions. My thought is that he is like that guy playing blackjack who when things go badly keeps doubling their bet and taking worse chances hoping that he can make it all back in one hand. The result is greater and greater debt.

He needs to be a smarter player.

idk what the OP has been hearing, but i havent heard anybody hate on him since his interception against philly and then against dallas.

I don't know what you're talking about. But my point is that folks have been killing him through out the season, so how about we give him props for his play the last 2 games. Especially since his play has contributed a good deal to our wins vs Philly and Dallas.

DeAngelo Hall is a flamboyant dumbass who routinely gets beat by second-tier receivers right after running his big mouth to them. Then he usually follows up that mess with postgame comments that make him look like an even bigger prick.

I still like him. A lot.

I've been critical of hall and firmly believe if you're going to criticize someone negatively then you better be willing to give them credit when they deserve it.

Hall has played better this season than he has since he got here. Hall is not the first or second person on defense I'd replace if given the chance.

That doesn't mean I want him to start at CB next year, or that his past issues have gone away. He still behaves like a child, and the sooner we can replace him the better.

Archived