Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's the love for Dhall?

authentic

I've been on dhall since we signed him, love his game no player is perfect. Hope he restructures his contract so he can be here for the Rg3 era an allow us to bring in some secondary help to compliment him an Wilson...I would like to see him get a ring an finish career in B&G...

I must admit, D Hall has been pretty much left to dry with the lack of talent we have at DB/S. A lot of his fight and smack talk come out of passion for this team (which I do believe he cares for) and frustration due to being part of a losing franchise for so long.

With that said, he has never matured when it comes to being an example as a leader when it comes to keeping his cool. I'm not asking him to be a gentleman because I know he just wants to fire the team up at times and get into the opposing players heads, but I wish sometimes he would STFU.

Aaaand there it is.

You aren't considering the positive effect he obviously has on this defense, because you aren't in the huddle. His teammates love him.

That's all fine and dandy.

But there's alot of season left and it wouldn't surprise me if one of his outbursts,in a key moment, costs us a game.

I've been a critic of his thuggish behavior, so I won't run away from this thread. When he has an INT or saving tackle, we all seem to forget the past infractions. Yes, he has no support in the secondary and gets exposed on an island, but that happens to almost every CB in this league. What continues to bother me is the opposite of a "team-first" attitude. Team players do NOT jeopardize the outcome of the game or face ejection by defending their honor between plays. Shut up, buckle the chin strap back up and get back into the huddle with your TEAMmates. Simple concept. Bust the other guys Ass with full focus, but do so before the whistle blows.

I fear that a smart opposing coach will encourage his players to entice DHall into committing a game changing penalty, he has earned that reputation honestly.

Now, all that said...I do not desire for him to leave this organization. I agree that he could be a game changing FS, and if we could adjust his contract to his level of play, am all for keeping him around a while our secondary grows.

I love DHall for what he is.... Passionate. High Motor. Loves this team/being a Redskin. Makes huge plays.

The guy describes himself as "maybe not the best corner... but I'm a good football player" (can't find exact quote) And he is just that.

Is he overpaid? Sure. Does he run his mouth a little too much? Sure. But all in all, I love some DHall and what he brings to DC.

The majority of people who hate on this guy probably never put on pads or understand the true value of someone who wants to win as bad as #23.

x2

The key word is passionate. People who are passionate about what they do have an edge over the others.

I have been very critical of D HAll and I believe rightfully so. He did redeem himself the last two games. He is playing much better and when he shuts his mouth and actually concentrates on the game he plays pretty well. He is good in the slot at times and has great hands....but we need some real cover corners that can run sub 4.4 otherwise we will continue to get burned...its not so much the scheme but we have no burners...and we pay a price....you cant expect RGIII to put up 38 points every game....

---------- Post added November-26th-2012 at 11:35 PM ----------

I mean I would love "stone hands" Carlos Rogers back...i always liked him....I would rather have a corner that can run with stone hands than great hands that gets burned for TDs all the time

Passionate?

Umm..OK.

You know who was passionate for the game?

Darrell Green...Charles Mann..Gary Clark......but how many times did you see these guys cause disruption to their team by yapping after every play or getting into it it with players on the sideline to the point they had to get separated?

That's my only issue with Hall.

Yes, he's lost a step.

Yes, he still can be a solid contributor

But if he'd just freakin' grow up..........

There was alot said about Dhall shortly after his melt down in Pittsburgh. There was and likely still IS a strong contingent of Skins fans who want him cut and or traded for a ham sandwich. But if you haven't been following Dhall is currently (after 11 games) tied for 4th in interceptions and 4th, among corners in tackles. Not saying he should receive probowl consideration. But he's had quite a solid season, in light of the issues we've had on defense. And isn't nearly as bad as some have promoted.
He's never gonna get much love from me. Not after all the ridiculous unsportsmanlike penalties and touchdowns he's given up in his time here.

And the number of interceptioins he has is a moot point. Some of the best corners in the game don't get many interceptions, because teams rarely throw in their direction. Needless to say, teams throw Hall's way a LOT.

He hasn't earned all the money the Redskins have given him. I wouldn't mind if he's gone next year, no.

I have been very critical of D HAll and I believe rightfully so. He did redeem himself the last two games. He is playing much better and when he shuts his mouth and actually concentrates on the game he plays pretty well. He is good in the slot at times and has great hands....but we need some real cover corners that can run sub 4.4 otherwise we will continue to get burned...its not so much the scheme but we have no burners...and we pay a price....you cant expect RGIII to put up 38 points every game....

---------- Post added November-26th-2012 at 11:35 PM ----------

I mean I would love "stone hands" Carlos Rogers back...i always liked him....I would rather have a corner that can run with stone hands than great hands that gets burned for TDs all the time

You do know los gets an got burnt a lot also! At least dhall gets an int or 2 an not just burnt like los...

I love DHall for what he is.... Passionate. High Motor. Loves this team/being a Redskin. Makes huge plays.

The guy describes himself as "maybe not the best corner... but I'm a good football player" (can't find exact quote) And he is just that.

Is he overpaid? Sure. Does he run his mouth a little too much? Sure. But all in all, I love some DHall and what he brings to DC.

The majority of people who hate on this guy probably never put on pads or understand the true value of someone who wants to win as bad as #23.

I love this post. Agree completely.

Extremeskins needs a "like" or "thumbs up" button lol.

I cheer as loud for him as anyone when he makes a play and its been nice to see the past 2 weeks. But the facts remain that he's overpaid and has no mental stabilty or self control. And at this point in his career, he never will. I sincerely hope we upgrade the position next year.

No matter what people think of DHall (I'm glad to have him on the team), I don't understand the joy some posters get from talking so badly about one of our own.

I'd take 1 passionate, Redskins-loving Hall for 10 self-absorbed LaVar Arrington types.

Hall is by far NOT the biggest problem we have on defense, but is one of the few guys that will make a game-changing play (sometimes against, yes). Give me one example of a guy who played CB and never gave up a big play.

The entire defensive unit is playing better, but DHall really hasn't changed much in the last couple games. He's still at the point he shouldn't be asked to cover #1 corners, so if we keep him, he needs to restructure and be moved to FS. I'll admit I snapped off on him after the Pittsburg game and really wanted him and a lot of other people gone after the Carolina game. The dude has nasty in him, but even with defense playing better his weaknesses have not changed. He's still in the same boat as Moss and Fletcher in that their contracts have to be evaluated according to their current and future level of play. None of these guys are giong to get any better then they are right now.

Everybody looks better when you're winning...

I'm just glad he didn't lose it when him and Dez were having a face-off.

I see it this way; he's maybe lost a step, but still a solid contributor in the secondary, and considering the size of receivers today, he has the knowledge to defend most of them.

Temper and passion are very close, almost indistinguishable [ is that a word?] , just as us fans are loyal and scream at the t.v. when a good or bad play happens. Its all in the same, just on different platforms...

The entire defensive unit is playing better, but DHall really hasn't changed much in the last couple games. He's still at the point he shouldn't be asked to cover #1 corners, so if we keep him, he needs to restructure and be moved to FS. I'll admit I snapped off on him after the Pittsburg game and really wanted him and a lot of other people gone after the Carolina game. The dude has nasty in him, but even with defense playing better his weaknesses have not changed. He's still in the same boat as Moss and Fletcher in that their contracts have to be evaluated according to their current and future level of play. None of these guys are giong to get any better then they are right now.

Everybody looks better when you're winning...

Stats an game film beg to differ with your analysis of dhalls play but you're entitled to see it how you want to...

Stats an game film beg to differ with your analysis of dhalls play but you're entitled to see it how you want to...

What's wrong with what I said? He's still tackling well and looks better with safety help. But he's still not a lock down corner, and we still need to add talent to our secondary. I am watching the games still and Romo sits to pee threw for 441 yards against us. Dez Bryant, their #1 WR, had 8 catches for 145 yards and 2 TDs. Even if we're winning that's still not good. We need more talent in the secondary and either move DHall around or get rid of him.

That's whether we like him or not...

Well that was quick, one minute you guys were calling for his head, and now you're saying he isn't so bad.

DHall loves this team and is a play maker, he should not be replaced. We all all saw what happened to Rogers - I liked him even though he couldn't catch a cold if he tried, but he was an excellent corner.

I think the times Hall has been burned could have been prevented if we had a decent safety. The defense actually looked solid when Meriweather played, that one time, for that one game, ya know?

Archived