Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's the love for Dhall?

authentic

I became a D-Hall fan once he started tackling last year. It is an underrated facet of his game. He is fiesty. Plays with a mean streak and tries to get in the other teams head. I have been supporting him since last season. The guy flat out makes plays and brings some added fire that we need.

He does get paid to much, but its not my checkbook.

I'll admit that I'm one of those who really wanted him gone after the Steelers incident (since then, I've softened a little lol). While I do wish he would keep his cool, it's true that good defenses need guys like him who have a little bark to their game.

He's overpaid sure, but that's not really his fault (thank you, Vinny :doh: ) and he has done what we've asked him to do. I'm fine with him on the team.

I'll admit that I'm one of those who really wanted him gone after the Steelers incident (since then, I've softened a little lol). While I do wish he would keep his cool, it's true that good defenses need guys like him who have a little bark to their game.

He's overpaid sure, but that's not really his fault (thank you, Vinny :doh: ) and he has done what we've asked him to do. I'm fine with him on the team.

Everytime he acts up (and he will again), usually the first place people go is to cut him.

I became a D-Hall fan once he started tackling last year. It is an underrated facet of his game. He is fiesty. Plays with a mean streak and tries to get in the other teams head. I have been supporting him since last season. The guy flat out makes plays and brings some added fire that we need.

+1

Yes sir!! i agree with everything here. I've been a Dhall fan ever since he arrived here. He was never a top tier cover corner. Actually he's average in that department. But he's had a solid season so far. His feistiness is actually one of the qualities i like about him the most. Wish there were more on the team like him.

I don't know what you're talking about. But my point is that folks have been killing him through out the season, so how about we give him props for his play the last 2 games. Especially since his play has contributed a good deal to our wins vs Philly and Dallas.

oh yea thats true there have been a lot of negative comments about him this season. but i havent heard any negative things about him since the past 2 games. the stuff ive heard have been positive

Trivia. Who was covering Bryant on that long TD? Hint. Not Hall.

And that's supposed to mean what exactly? Dez still had 8 caatches and pwned DHall twice last year that lead to us getting swept. I have no problem giving credit where credit is due, he's played better the last two weeks, as has the rest of the defense. I still want to move him to FS after this season if he stays. He's losing his recovery speed and though he's still a playmaker we need better talent in the secondary to match up with our divisions receivers.

How many big plays have he given up this season? Try to analyze his play objectively. He's been pretty solid this year.
I clearly said "in his time here". Never said he's given up a lot of big plays this year. I do recall him (think it was Hall) getting torched a few times in the Bengals game this year. But mostly, I've never liked him because of his big mouth. Dude has ALWAYS got to be talking trash seemingly after every play. Countless stupid penalties that have hurt the team. He hasn't earned the money he's being paid. Only way I would like to see him back is if he restructures. And even then, I'd probably rather have him at safety.

I clearly said "in his time here". Never said he's given up a lot of big plays this year. I do recall him (think it was Hall) getting torched a few times in the Bengals game this year. But mostly, I've never liked him because of his big mouth. Dude has ALWAYS got to be talking trash seemingly after every play. Countless stupid penalties that have hurt the team. He hasn't earned the money he's being paid. Only way I would like to see him back is if he restructures. And even then, I'd probably rather have him at safety.

cool, i guess its just a difference of opinion on the issue. Sure he's over paid, not his fault, blame Vinny and Danny for that. But i happen to like the trash talk. Forget being all diplomatic and a gentleman on the field. The only issue i've had with him were the untimely pentalties. But its not that its been an issue every game. I like his fire and his playmaking ability/potential.

if we had a better pass rush our secondary wouldn't get torched as much. DHall is a playmaker and always seems to be around the ball ie: INT or fumble. DHall is smart and is a playmaker. and how about the slide in the DALL_ASS game? that was smart, end the game on a knee instead of having to cover a kickoff and possibly have an injury happen. they can restructure his contract next year to keep him and he sees how good this team is going to be. He'll wanna stay. #HTTR

---------- Post added November-28th-2012 at 08:49 AM ----------

cool, i guess its just a difference of opinion on the issue. Sure he's over paid, not his fault, blame Vinny and Danny for that. But i happen to like the trash talk. Forget being all diplomatic and a gentleman on the field. The only issue i've had with him were the untimely pentalties. But its not that its been an issue every game. I like his fire and his playmaking ability/potential.

I'm with ya. I love how he can get under a players skin while playing. Did ya see the slap on Dez? ..lol. that was funny. DHall is a good Redskin and needs to be here while we're winning. watch his play elivate even more when we're winning. HTTR

There was alot said about Dhall shortly after his melt down in Pittsburgh. There was and likely still IS a strong contingent of Skins fans who want him cut and or traded for a ham sandwich. But if you haven't been following Dhall is currently (after 11 games) tied for 4th in interceptions and 4th, among corners in tackles. Not saying he should receive probowl consideration. But he's had quite a solid season, in light of the issues we've had on defense. And isn't nearly as bad as some have promoted.

Don't need one. He is involved in self love.

And that's supposed to mean what exactly? Dez still had 8 caatches and pwned DHall twice last year that lead to us getting swept. I have no problem giving credit where credit is due, he's played better the last two weeks, as has the rest of the defense. I still want to move him to FS after this season if he stays. He's losing his recovery speed and though he's still a playmaker we need better talent in the secondary to match up with our divisions receivers.

Your previous post (see below) look like it suggested that Hall was responsible for Bryant's big day. That's what it was supposed to mean.

What's wrong with what I said? He's still tackling well and looks better with safety help. But he's still not a lock down corner, and we still need to add talent to our secondary. I am watching the games still and Romo sits to pee threw for 441 yards against us. Dez Bryant, their #1 WR, had 8 catches for 145 yards and 2 TDs. Even if we're winning that's still not good. We need more talent in the secondary and either move DHall around or get rid of him.

That's whether we like him or not...

...I think D. Hall is looking fine these last two weeks because there's a weaker corner on the other side, so QB's and OC's are choosing to attack Wilson or Griffin instead of Hall...

Hall is a high risk - high reward player... he will make a good play and then we can be burn!!!... anyway I agree that the size of his contract doesn't fit the size of his playing... it would be interesting to see him as a FS, but not now, working this offseason and see what happens...

:giantsuck:

I'm a big fan of Hall. I sat right behind his mother during last years Carolina game, and you could see the passion and how much he loves this team by how he interacted with her. He's become a solid tackler, and I love seeing him flying around throwing blocks on turnovers. By comparison, if you look at Hall's INT versus dallas, watch Madieu Williams(seriously, check it out. Its embarrassing). He stands there, doesnt try to get out front to block for Hall, just stands there looking afraid of contact. Gotta have Hall's passion on defense.

Your previous post (see below) look like it suggested that Hall was responsible for Bryant's big day. That's what it was supposed to mean.

Smh. Hall is our #1 corner. There #1 WR caught 8 passes. That says to me we need better corners. We're 11 games in on a 16 game season, and I'm not swaying back and forth over what I've seen from Hall recently and from last season. I know this is supposed to be a eat crow thread, so imagine objectivity isn't going to be widely accepted in here.

• 1 month later...

Archived