Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's the love for Dhall?

authentic

Offensive MVP - Alfred "First Down" Morris

Defensive MVP - DeAngelo Hall

I was at the game. I watched every snap and keyed on D Hall deliberately. He was in 1 on 1 MAN coverage against Dez in about 70% of the snaps.

He played one of his best games as a pro, without even an INT. Dez was a non-factor. Couple of nice grabs, that's great, every top flight receiver get's his break on a few routes, and then he went quietly into the night...

He had his best game. It was mediocre vs. what I would expect of a top notch corner.

IDK what you're talking about, Hall was targeted about 10 times last night and only gave up approximately 50 yards. That was a hell of a game, by any standard. Going into the game Dez was viewed as the hottest WR in football, and DHall practically shut him down.

I have been D Hall's biggest critic. I have even made youtube videos bashing him. But I was wrong about the guy. Since the bye, he has been rock solid. Not running his yap too much and more importantly - playing good ball. I off an apology to the man. He's stepped up. I man up and admit when Im wrong

When D Hall came to DC I saw a player who had the tools to be great but was put bad places where he couldn't succeed. He needed to simply keep his mouth quiet and showcase his skills. That's what he's been doing. I think maybe we're seeing a new D Hall who realizes his actions speak a lot louder. Perhaps that comes from Morris and RGIII which have such big impacts on games but don't bring any attention to it.

I'll be the first one to admit that I've been grilling D. Hall all year long, for a variety of reasons. But just like that, he shut me up and won me over again. I mean... What a game. He just out phyiscal'd Dez and shut him down, threw their timing/rhythm off, whatever it took. I heard Dez left in a wheelchair. No illwill, I hope he's ok, but this ain't Oklahoma State boi!! Hahaha

Obv Defensive MVP last night and if not for some guy on Offense--named... Uhmmmm... what's his name again... OH YEA, ALFRED "THE BUTLER" MORRIS--completely losing his mind and going off for 2 bills and 3 scores... He'd be the game MVP.

Hall played his best game as a Skin yesterday. He locked down Dez until Dez went out with back spasms.

Hall played lights-out. He blanketed Bryant and others while staying just shy of interfering. Bryant's biggest catch came when the defense left the middle of the field open in a cover-3 shell; not Hall's fault.

Haslett's blitz-after-blitz scheming asked a lot of our corners. They stepped up and delivered, Hall in particular.

Hall deserves all the love today for he did and has done the last during this run. The man may be who he is, but brings it on the field. After the Steelers game. I thought WTF is this guy still on this team, but the guys in that lockeroom love and respect him. Haslett and Shanahan know his talent and know how to maximize his abilities. The guy is a pro and will continue to bring it as long as a the Skins are in the playoffs. Much :applause::applause::applause: to DHall and HTTR!!!

Personally, I've always thought DHall was unfairly maligned by the fanbase. I'll say this: I never really thought DHall was a #1 CB. He's a guy who compliments a guy who does shut down the other guy, and I think this team would be better if we found one of those guys and moved Josh Wilson to nickel/slot, but he certainly had a hell of a game.

Must make that helmet Yellow Canoe and his buddy got feel even sweeter!

---------- Post added December-31st-2012 at 10:52 AM ----------

If he shut down Dez the way he did last night, I can't wait to see him man-handle Golden Tate on Sunday.

Oh HAIL YEAH! I already have my lower level seat reserved. Time for payback!!!

Archived