Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making a prediction for Madden next year

bonesbr549

Doesnt seem the curse has hit Calvin Johnson yet so he may be the one to end it.

Calvin Johnson has 7 games without a touchdown, 4 games under 100 yards receiving, has been dealing with a nagging knee injury since camp, and the Lions are 4-7 with, basically, no chance of making the playoffs.

The curse is real. You do not tempt the curse.

Keep Robert Griffin III off the cover. It's better not to risk it.

Calvin Johnson has 7 games without a touchdown, 4 games under 100 yards receiving, has been dealing with a nagging knee injury since camp, and the Lions are 4-7 with, basically, no chance of making the playoffs.

The curse is real. You do not tempt the curse.

Keep Robert Griffin III off the cover. It's better not to risk it.

I don't know, CJ is still #1 in reception yards, and is having a damn good year. I feel like the curse changes to fit peoples need for it to work. The "curse" used to be that the guy on the cover would get injured that season. Now it seems that since that hasn't been the case as much recently, people have to reduce the cognitive dissonance by shifting the "curse's" impact on to the team's record, stats and anything else that makes it fit their perception of there being a curse.

Regardless, if RG3 gets the cover (which I could easily see happening) I'm not gonna be mad, I'm excited to see the Redskins have a (if not the) premiere player in the NFL. But I'm not superstitious anyway, it's bad luck.

man i will never understand belief in "curses". and even if you could say the Madden curse existed, it has already ended... and I love how people reach to no end to extend this so called curse. How is Drew Brees cursed? Since he was on the cover, he set the NFL record for most passing yards in a season and most consecutive games with a TD pass. Peyton Hillis should have never been considered for the cover to begin with so i don't even count him. Calvin Johnson cursed? he already has over 1200 yards receiving this season with five games left. Curses don't exist and I'd love to see RG3 on the cover!!!!

Archived