Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Garcon + Meriweather = Win over Philly???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

IMO,

going back to the 80's uniforms and getting rid of those hideous puke yellow pants would be a start.

Right now i'm questioning bringing in Chad Johnson; at least he KNOWS how to catch a ball and run a route, and that scares me..lol.

But Filthadiaperia will dbl Garcon and the probs will continue. Meriweather isn't going to help much, at least not enough to help this pitiful 3-4 we're 'attempting' to run...

SIC

IMO,

Right now i'm questioning bringing in Chad Johnson; at least he KNOWS how to catch a ball and run a route, and that scares me..lol.

no he doesn't, that's why he doesn't have a job.

and to stay on topic, philly's d is good. they will hold RG3 under wraps while vick and jackson go off.

Unpopular as it may seem the skins are hiding some issues with RG3 I think. It's the only explanation for the play calling and the offense that we've seen. In the first half of this game we saw a traditional drop back with play action. When that stopped working they had to change it up to something different in the 2nd half and what did we see? Option. What happened in other games when the offense was shut down at first and the skins had to change things up? Option. I think when the offensive gameplan doesn't work the skins have to go back to 'basics' or what RG3 knows. This isn't necessarily a bad thing because he's a rookie. A great rookie who has exceeded expectations on many levels. I'm just pointing out that the offense does have some issues and I don't think that having Garcon in the game changes any of that.

As for the defense that's completely up in the air. I truly believe that most of the issues are due to a lack of pass rush and the safety position. If the skins could generate a rush, even a small one, the corners and secondary would have an easier time in coverage. The more time the QB has the more chances the receivers have time to find open spaces in zone coverage. Or exploit the horrible safety play we've seen and burn someone deep on blown coverage. Merriweather may actually help with that if he knows where he's suppose to be and the corners trust him to help over the top. However, to think that he will be able to change the game enough to impact anything is a huge stretch.

I voted yes. Why? Because the skins can beat Philly with or without Garcon. They can play with anyone when they are playing well. We've seen that before. The last two weeks they have regressed but they have lots of time to prepare for the next game. If they drop the next game and get beat badly you know it's time for some wholesale changes. I'm not advocating that Shannahan needs to go yet but something has to be done to shake things up at the end of the year. I hope they keep Shanny and stick with ONE damn system for years instead of changing all the time.

I'm convinced a 100% healthy Redskins team is better than any other team in this Division right now.

But we have injuries every year and thats always the difference between 5-11 to 6-10 and going 12-4 lol. How about some depth? Well that wont get easier with no cap or draft picks.

But we have injuries every year and thats always the difference between 5-11 to 6-10 and going 12-4 lol. How about some depth? Well that wont get easier with no cap or draft picks.

Give me a break. If you can't see that injuries have been harder on us this year than anyone in our division, then I don't know what to tell you. Look around the NFC East and get back to me.

I'm just tired of teams like the Giants and Packers losing 1/2 their starting lineups and still finding ways to not only win games, but superbowls as well. Injuries should be accounted for. In fact, it's more rare that a team does NOT lose a fair amount of starters throughout a season. Quit making excuses people, this team is what it is-- not very good.

I'm just tired of teams like the Giants and Packers losing 1/2 their starting lineups and still finding ways to not only win games, but superbowls as well. Injuries should be accounted for. In fact, it's more rare that a team does NOT lose a fair amount of starters throughout a season. Quit making excuses people, this team is what it is-- not very good.

I understand your argument. However, those teams were really good/great to begin with. Great teams can withstand injuries, teams that are trying to creep into the playoff picture cannot.

I don't believe the lack of Garcon is as much a problem as to the drop off in offensive production as playcalling. Mike, and more so Kyle, have reverted to calling games scared, which is made even more bizarre as he has at his disposal one of the best talents at QB to ever enter the pro game. And one who's a tremendous down field threat given the chance. But he's not been given that chance all year. And it's stifling him.

As for Merriweather, even if he is back, it's asking a lot of a guy who's not played all year, or had a proper pre-season, to be able to step straight back in and pick up like a first round talent to make that great a difference in reality.

So no, I don't sadly think even if we got both guys back, it would make a considerable difference unless a whole host of other factors changed too.

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 05:04 AM ----------

I voted no. The Eagles are beatable because they are a hot mess. Cowboys just the same.

Every other team look's upon the Redskins in exactly the same way, no matter bad they themselves are. So I guess we're equal.

Hail.

I think the absence of Brown at RT is one of the bigger factors, because Polumbus is marginal (at best) in pass protection. Polumbus' weaknesses require Griffin to take the short/medium passes to keep the chains moving.

Brown's absense also made Fred Davis a vital cog in the short to medium passing game. Paulsen catches well, but he can't get open like Davis did. Garcon's main value was being able to stech the field and making plays after the catch -- not sure he would be as valuable having to support a quick/short passing game.

Merriweather would probably be an upgrade at SS, but he's going to have to get into game shape. I expect you'll see some rotating of players at that spot, until he builds up his game-conditioning.

I think this team will win a few more. When healthy --this team has enough weapons on offense to be dangerous. I think that it will come back better after the bye (Morris, Griffin, Fletcher and Kerrigan probably benefit significantly from the rest) The offense is far from perfect, but I still get the sense it can heat up and and put up lots of points.

But the defense secondary will probably remain shaky and need a deep and healthy front seven to help mask its weakenss. As you know, the defense had a lot of injuries but perhapsMerriweather's return (coupled with a rested front seven) will help the Skins win some of the home games coming shortly after the bye.

If they both come back at 100%, it could certainly be enough. Safety help over the top is one of the two most important missing pieces. Meriweather was good enough in NE to make a major difference, if he can get close to that here, maybe we'll have a shot. Garcon meanwhile, is a major difference maker on offense, and his disappearing act hurt us a ton.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure Garcon will be back, or that Meriweather will be playing 100%.

We should still have a chance to win the Philly game, if our defense can create turnovers against Vick, but I'm very concerned we'll have a 2010-like showing. We only had one OLB pass rusher in that game, Orakpo, and Vick just ran away from us and completed passes. I'm very worried that will happen again.

Bye week could not have come at a better time.

Right now, we look like we suck, to the point we don't even want to excuse our lack of talent for losing like this. But I'm really asking myself, this year, with what we have right now, can Garcon and Meriweather coming back make any bit of difference? Will them being healthy and starting in the Philly home game coming off the bye-week be enough at WR and DB to beat Philly?

I feel it will. But I don't know if we can stay perfect and win out to get into the playoffs. We're basically in a spot where one screw up (like a flue dallas game) and we have seven losses. Feels sorta like too little, too late.

I for one feel even though its not what you want Shanny to say about this season being over, a lot of the fan base already felt that way when many started leaving early with it still being only a two score game at most. Evaluations ARE being done right now to see who's coming back next year. But I'm still keeping in my we still had 151 yards rushing and Cam only had 119 yards passing outside that 82 yard heartbreaker.

I don't see much if any elite talent on this team that played today to be the difference between winning and losing. It's definitely not Banks, and I'm more then willing to take cap space back for cutting some players like Hall and Moss. Hopefully we did hit on Meriweather and Garcon. Otherwise, Shanny's seat may be hotter then I thought...

are you kidding? We're done. What good will Garcon or Meriweather really do on this team? I can almost say with 100% certainity that one of them will not play after the bye. And if they do they still won't be at 100% and probably will only play that game. what happened to the team the beat NO to start the season? wow the last 2 weeks just showed me that we're no better off that last year except that we have RGIII and possibly will see success sometime in the future. I don't think it will be with Mike Shanahan at the helm. I trusted him at the beginning of this season to show a big improvement over the last 2 seasons. you can say what you want about getting younger but losses are losses. and I'm sick of being in the NFC east basement. Haslett needs to go but it won't do any good to fire him now. we're playing bad cause we're not being coached well period!!!!! look at miami, the colts and the 49ers, why are they all playing better than us? why i ask you? someone tell me im wrong for feeling this way. I am super mad and super sick of losing!!!!!!

Archived