Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Garcon + Meriweather = Win over Philly???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The problem is that Meriweather is not that good and has been a bust his whole career.

Garçon could be good but it is based on a tiny sample.

I am not convinced either makes us that much better.

ummm meriweather was a beast in new england, sucked in chicago cause they moved him to free safety, when used right dudes a stud

Are you saying that's why you left? People we're leaving earlier then that. Still, I won't be shocked to see a little less flags flying around down here the next couple days. Hampton Roads media can get pretty brutal when the skins start losing. Tired of losing, man...

Actually, I didn't leave......stayed until the bitter end. And I do agree that folks started leaving earlier than that. Still, it was disgusting to see such piss-poor clock management being exhibited by Shanahan. Come to think of it, I remember that we also used questionable clock management in the latter part of the game at Carolina last year.

Dan really has to wonder what he's getting for the $7 million/year he's paying this guy. Oh well, at least the cost hasn't been passed down to the fans......yet.

He's a rookie and should be making mistakes...I'm fine with it. I just don't see garçon changing our offensive output all that much. Merriweather could help the D though.

Oh I completely agree about RG3. I also have a higher view of our WR than most here (except Hank) but I also think Garcon would significantly improve our offense if he were back. He opens up the field for the others just being out there.

If Garcon is not ~100% in 2 weeks, IR the man so that he can fully recover by OTAs. Let Merriweather play until he hurts his vagina again, then IR him.

The main thing for the remainder of the season is letting RG3 grow, but keep him as safe as possible. They may even want to let Cousins start a game or two to get some experience.

This is the 2nd time this has come up. This is a terrible idea. Cousins doesnt need experience. He is a backup. The best thing for the Redskins would be if he never saw the field and remained a mystery commodity to teams too. Let Griffin loose after the bye.

I think Philly will drop 40+ on us. Our run D has gotten considerably worse over the past 2 games and their receivers are simply too fast. Philly has a bad O-line but our D-line's futility negates that. Vick will go off on us, and I doubt Merriweather will change our fortunes, especially if Haslett is still the D coordinator.

It should be interesting watching RG III go against their defense though, I think this will be the game he presses a bit. Polumbus is playing like trash and will probably cost us a turnover two, whether it be by a strip sack or forcing RG III to rush a pass.

yes, I do think Philly will win that game too.

---------- Post added November-4th-2012 at 08:04 PM ----------

this sorry team has 4 -12 written all over it. sorry RGIII!

The question becomes will he be like other QBs (Cam included) who had horrible records their rookie year? Some have gone on to win SBs, others have gone on to consistently be good QBs on a bad team. Hopefully RG3 will be in the former group.

Philly is reeling and is nearing a coach firing and QB benching. They are about to implode.

So expect them to beat us by 30 points, Reid to coach a masterful game and Vick to look like a Pro Bowl starter :)

Funny thing is I laughed at this post, and then I thought this could seriously happen. A damn shame...

Think about this for a minute. The Fecals and their fans have been ripping Reid and Vick new *******s for weeks. It's no doubt that the Redskins provide the best remedy for a struggling team.

Soooo, there's a great chance that the Redskins could save Reid and Vick's asses from unemloyment in a few weeks.

Man, that would really piss off those Feals fans. :)

garcon will not come back this season and meriweather probably, but it doesn't matter what combination of players you come up with, i will be surprised at this point if we win another game. cleveland is about the only team that we would be favored to win. Let's hope for some real changes next year.

The only chance this team has in beating the Eagles or anyone else in the next seven games is to ride Morris hard and try to keep the ball out of the others teams hands. Give Morris the ball 30 times a game, sprinkle in a few QB keepers and hopefully find a receiver or two that can catch an occasional pass. They OL can't pass block and the receivers can't catch passes. Vick, Maclin, Jackson, Mccoy and Celek will have a field day against this sorry excuse for a defense.

Nope. If garçon does play the eagles will blanket him knowing we have no other weapons outside of Morris and Robert himself. And mikes really gonna get a lot of disciplined practice from his team after throwing in th towel right? Might as well fill the practice field with lazy boys and coolers full of beer. Some tv's to watch real teams play. Maybe they will get inspired and say, hey that whole winning and playing good thing looks pretty fun. Lets try that. Yeah I don't think that'll be enough to beat Philly.

Newsflash - neither are the Redskins

+100 lol

The panthers aren't any good either and they straight up served us in a game we dubbed as "must win".

We will be hard pressed to win a single game out of the last 7 and I'm not being pessimistic.. Boys twice, Eagles twice, Giants, Ravens and Browns..even the Browns are better than us. It will be an all out miracle to finish 5-11 this year.

Archived