Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2012/2013 Winter Weather Thread***

Skins24

Assuming it's mostly done snowing (and it's been raining in Ashburn for over an hour now), it wasn't too bad. We got 5-6 inches before the rain starting cutting into that.

The whole family stayed home and my 5- and 4-year old kids got out a couple times to throw snowballs and build a scary-ass snowman. After each trip outside, we came inside and sat by the fire and had snacks.

I've had worse days and the kids will probably remember their first real snow for a while.

Harrisonburg, VA got about 20" ... same with Charlottesville ... DC and Arlington were just a bit too east and too warm. That happens with March storms ...

That's also why the snow is so wet and heavy. Warmer temps to that. The Precip to Snow ratio was 1" of precit = 5-6" of snow ... usually it's 1" prec. = 10-12" snow ... so the precip was there, it was just too warm in some places to stick and accumulate

Well I suppose my worries yesterday weren't unfounded. I just got a little too happy among with everyone else last night.

We managed 4 inches here with a really good band from about 9:00 to 10:00. After that it was just on and off, mostly off. It's raining here a little right now. I'm assuming we may see a switch back over to snow later on but I wouldn't expect anything great. All in all, we made off better in Springfield with snow than Alexandria that was all rain during our huge band of snow earlier.

Ha ha. There's storms called HECS and this one shall be pegged as a HECB.

I ain't mad though. Didn't want snow. It's March 6th! Time to think spring!

bust would mean there was no storm at all, therefore youre wrong on that part, or did front royal not get hammered?

bust would mean there was no storm at all, therefore youre wrong on that part, or did front royal not get hammered?

Sorry, but when they predicted as much snow as they did for the areas they did and A LOT of areas didn't get anything but a cold rain all day, it's a bust. HECB!

I know for a fact that my agency will not any delays after today's debacle of a storm

Yeah, at the worst, I am expecting a two-hour delay. But that is really stretching it.

Last month they accidentally closed the government because of a potential storm. I can't imagine how they feel know that they had to do it on purpose this time and nothing still happened. :ols:

Yeah, at the worst, I am expecting a two-hour delay. But that is really stretching it.

Last month they accidentally closed the government because of a potential storm. I can't imagine how they feel know that they had to do it on purpose this time and nothing still happened. :ols:

I wouldn't say "nothing" happened. 8-10 inches out here.

I'd bet on a late opening. Schools here are already closed for tomorrow.

Archived