Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2012/2013 Winter Weather Thread***

Skins24

This is so depressing because it's snowing like mad, just not sticking to anything. Glad to have the day off from work though!

The past 30 minutes have been the hardest all day, but yeah its not adding to the accumulation. A product of the time of day

hey, what radar are you looking at? The center of the storm is still off VA. We have a good 12 hours left at least...

The past 30 minutes have been the hardest all day, but yeah its not adding to the accumulation. A product of the time of day

hey, what radar are you looking at? The center of the storm is still off VA. We have a good 12 hours left at least...

Yeah it's still churning off the coast. Got awhile left.

Judging from the current radar and what moisture is left, there really is not much left. It's Starting to thin out towards Winchester. I think you are in denial :pfft:

Judging from the current radar and what moisture is left, there really is not much left. It's Starting to thin out towards Winchester. I think you are in denial :pfft:

Are you looking at a still photo or the loop? System is moving east to west, moisture coming off the ocean/bay.

I wouldn't call this a bust for anywhere except for DC. The forecasters said all along the tricky rain/snow line would be an issue ... DC got screwed and some of the western suburbs may not get as much as forecasted ... but look no further than Harrisonburg, Massanutten and Wintergreen that are all getting hammered. Massannutten had 23" ... Wintergreen 22" ... and JMU down in Harrisonburg (which is not a high elevation) looks to have about 20" ... just a matter of perspective. A bust would have been this thing missing for everyone but ... DC just got screwed.

I'm looking at the future loop. If you look at by 6pm on the future, this thing is winding down...

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/21045:4?interactiveMapLayer=radar&baseMap=r&zoom=5

Ah, LOL!!

I was wondering what in the world you're talking about.

I thought you were looking at an actual radar.

There's still a ton of moisture with this storm, and will be til its past Canada. There are extremely heavy bands on the eastern shore now headed west. This is not over yet (at least not for us in upper MoCo :))

Ah, LOL!!

I was wondering what in the world you're talking about.

I thought you were looking at an actual radar.

There's still a ton of moisture with this storm, and will be til its past Canada. There are extremely heavy bands on the eastern shore now headed west. This is not over yet (at least not for us in upper MoCo :))

What's your best guess for when it will clear out from Loudoun County? Afternoon? Evening? Later than that?

I am going to use this snow storm to my advantage. Hoping i can land some tickets to UMD-UNC now that people are scared to leave their houses. i got free caps tix that way yesterday!

Im gonna be there tonight!

Archived