Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2012/2013 Winter Weather Thread***

Skins24

i haven't seen an accumulating snow in over 2 years now

Add another reason to the list of why I'm eager to move to Denver. Average annual snowfall of 52 inches vs 14 for DC. I haven't seen real snow since early 2010, I fell for this one hook, line and sinker. So disappointed.

I feel like a ***** for not going into work today. I trekked it through Snowmageddon from Reisterstown down to Annapolis in some serious ****, but decided to take today off.:ols: Absolutely nothing here in Arlington.

Yea it came down good for a few hours here in arlington but absolutely nothing stuck

Okay, snow has stopped. I haven't seen flakes (if you can call this wet stuff falling from the sky snow flakes) in close to an hour.

Driving conditions: Slush on the pavement at best. Some sidewalks have deep slush, but it's just slush. It's not snow. Other pavement areas are just wet.

Grassy areas: 3 inches maybe.

It's becoming somewhat windy now.

I would call this a bust as far as upper Montgomery. This is a long way from 8 inches.

There's been much worse busts than a potential 6 inch snowstorm in early March.

I'm about 10 miles north of the "bulls eye 12 to 16+" in the 8 to 14"+ zone, hell some meteorologist guaranteed 12+ for my area, we barely have 2 inches on the ground and it stopped snowing 4 hours ago.

Major Bust, give me an example of a larger bust?

I'm about 10 miles north of the "bulls eye 12 to 16+" in the 8 to 14"+ zone, hell some meteorologist guaranteed 12+ for my area, we barely have 2 inches on the ground and it stopped snowing 4 hours ago.

March 2001...bust of epic magnitude

March 2001 was supposed to rival historic I-95 blizzards. Not for a small localized area, for the entire coast. Snow showers instead.

hats off to the Kentlands Starbucks for closing at 2pm when your neighbors were still open. I'm sure there were having a laugh at your expense as customer after customer walked down the clear (wet) sidewalk to see your sign. Closed due to inclement weather, eh? How about closed due to poor planning.

Archived