Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official 2012/2013 Winter Weather Thread***

Skins24

;9466534']And that is after a mild Saturday. The weather during this time can be so different one day to the next. Accuweather has the DC area around 70 in 2-3 weeks.

Oh I can't wait! I am tired of this weather already.

The closer we're getting to the storm the more ridiculous the models are getting (as in huge snowfall amounts)

We'll see though. Models this close to an event (as we saw last time) are not as reliable as good 'ol fashion sticking your finger in the wind.

I'm sick and tired of this. I'm tired of having to ramble repeatedly the same line about how this weather is ABSOLUTELY atypical for this region. I am just going to install a space heater and jack up the electrical bill. I don't give a ****. My health and wellness is on the line.

<2" for DC/Balt metro area. Just a car topper for some.

2-4" more likely as you get up to the higher elevations and further west (Frederick, Winchester)

4-8" Shenendoah

This won't be too much of a disturbance at all for the metro area and I'd be hard pressed to say that DC will manage to break it's streak without two inches.

But the models are still being LOL funny with the BS snow maps (gfs...nam) and many models (NAM, GFS etc...) showing 5+ inches. Won't happen.

yea i agree that it wont be much of a disturbance. plus, most people will be on vacation (fairfax county and montgomery county spring break. headed back to central islip today for school again, and long island isnt supposed to get sow either. ah well, have fun snow lovers, it may be the last chance u will have of seeing snow until at least next december

Weather.com is naturally calling for "Winter Storm Virgil" to drop 6-10 inches of snow on Reston tomorrow. On top of 1-3 tonight. No joke.

It would be funny though if everyone (obviously other than weather.com) is severely underselling this based on the fact that it's late march and our previous close call ended up a complete bust.

Weather.com is naturally calling for "Winter Storm Virgil" to drop 6-10 inches of snow on Reston tomorrow. On top of 1-3 tonight. No joke.

It would be funny though if everyone (obviously other than weather.com) is severely underselling this based on the fact that it's late march and our previous close call ended up a complete bust.

Weather.com always gives Jizztastic snow totals. That was always part of the fun of a winter storm growing up... until they failed to verify...:(

This won't be too much of a disturbance at all for the metro area and I'd be hard pressed to say that DC will manage to break it's streak without two inches.

What do you mean not too much of a disturbance?

IT'S SPRING!

We should be basking in 70 degree weather right now, yet we're preparing for what could very well be the biggest snow event of the season (which for this season isn't too much but still...)

What do you mean not too much of a disturbance?

IT'S SPRING!

We should be basking in 70 degree weather right now, yet we're preparing for what could very well be the biggest snow event of the season (which for this season isn't too much but still...)

A cm of half melted wet snow on top of a car while its 35 degrees outside. I hope we can keep our composure lol. Then again... this is the DC/MD area we're talking about... so maybe you have a point.

Anybody could forecast this. Just say 1 to 2 inches max and if we get more it will melt by the time people notice lol.

I'm longing for REAL snow

Archived