Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gut check time for the Washington Redskins. Carolina is a MUST WIN game!!

Commander PK

It's midweek and they are already ramping up the Panthers game against the Redskins here. I'm starting to get worried we'll lose this game. If we lose, my week here will be so miserable.

I feel ya man. There's no way I'll be listening to 610 AT ALL if we lose. And I'll never hear the end of it from my friends.

Didn't we have 2 weeks to prep for the Eagles when Vick when nuts on Monday night a few years ago?

Both teams are completely different now and we are at different parts of schedule. Eagles have Saints, Cowboys, and then Skins (2 of 3 on road). We have Panthers, BYE, and Eagles (all at home). I think its fair to say that we have an easier road. Got to beat the Panthers this week though for it to mean anything.

I actually think, remarkably, that the easier part of the schedule is coming up. Carolina is a must win. And, they SHOULD win. The defense has shown the ability to stop the run, and they have experience practicing against a mobile QB. There will undoubtedly be some deep blown coverage, but this is a home game against a bad team, and they should win.

Of the remaining teams, the Eagles and Cowboys are a complete mess. The Eagles have the Saints, Cowboys, then 'Skins. If they lose to the Saints, which isn't out of the questions, who's playing QB? Amazingly, I think that the Cowboys and the Eagles might represent four of the easier games left on the schedule.

They also play the Ravens and the Browns. The Browns are also a complete mess. The Ravens, we'll see. They probably could score 40 on the 'Skins.

If the 'Skins just take care of some of their business, they have probably 4 games they should win, split with the Eagles and Cowboys, beat the Browns, beat the Panthers. That assumes losses to the Giants and Ravens, and one each to Dallas (probably on Thanksgiving) and the Eagles (probably in Philly)

With this stinky defense, that would probably satisfy my expectations for the season. Now, IF, just maybe, there is magic "cover" potion available during the bye week, maybe they could scratch out one more win. I doubt it. I think 7-9 is about where this team is right now. And I thought that 7-9, 8-8 would be about where they would be this year. I didn't predict that the defense would blow up entirely.

---------- Post added November-1st-2012 at 08:53 AM ----------

We are not going to lose this game. Look at RG3 press conference. Dude is focused

In order to guarantee that, he'd have to play safety as well. He probably could. :)

---------- Post added November-1st-2012 at 09:00 AM ----------

If we are true to form, we will lose by letting a team and qb that are going backwards, have career days. Especially with no pass rush Cam will light us up with passes and rushing.

I don't think so. I think that they can do reasonably well against Cam running. Cam passing ... we'll see. He'll probably have 300 yards. But he might toss a couple to us too.

So how does this go?... If skins win Obama stays in office rite?

EDIT: Just looked this up. The rule was that if the Redskins won their last home game before the election, the incumbent party would win the white house. This streak of coincidence continued without fail from 1936-2000, that was 17 consecutive elections.

However the streak ended in 2004 when the Redskins lost to Green Bay and Bush won his reelection bid.

Still this "indicator" has been correct 18 of the last 19 elections.

We really should win this game, there running game is basically now show with Williams. I dont even think he has had an 100 yd game yet. If we can keep Cam from getting out of the pocket, and somewhat control Smith and Olsen . We win.

EDIT: Just looked this up. The rule was that if the Redskins won their last home game before the election, the incumbent party would win the white house. This streak of coincidence continued without fail from 1936-2000, that was 17 consecutive elections.

However the streak ended in 2004 when the Redskins lost to Green Bay and Bush won his reelection bid.

didnt we lose the last home game before the election back in 08? lost to the steelers, but obama won the election anyway.

---------- Post added November-2nd-2012 at 12:19 AM ----------

I can't imagine this fanbase if the team is 3-6 at the bye with a 3-game losing streak. It will be miserable and poisonous.

The good news is: The Panthers stink.

and the eagles stink, and the cowboys stink as well :) that would be 6-5 right there. then a home game against the giants. could steal that game, 7-5

People have been saying that since Bush didn't win the popular vote in 2000 and won because of the supreme court that maybe 2004 was right since the Dems "should" have been the incumbent lol. Whatever it is though, its quite a streak for the Redskins deciding the presidency.

didnt we lose the last home game before the election back in 08? lost to the steelers, but obama won the election anyway.

i'm pretty sure it's if we win the game, the party in office stays in office, when we lose, the other party gets in. meaning if we win, obama gets re elected, if we lose, romney does. it's not win = democrat, lose = republican

The problem is the Panthers offense NEEDS one of those "oh wow look, we might be ok now" games, and our defense is just the sorry sack of you know what that the Panthers need to get their confidence back.

I still think our offense can do enough to win this game, but anyone predicting a comfortable win, has not been watching too much of our team this season.

---------- Post added November-2nd-2012 at 12:19 AM ----------

That's what I was thinking.. I'm a little confused on how this streak is broken down.

That's the way the rule works. We lost our last game before the election so the incumbent party, in this case the Republicans, did not hold onto office.

Something else to consider regarding the 2004 game that broke the streak. That is the game Clinton Portis' game winning touchdown reception was negated due to a phantom illegal shift penalty that was flagged well after the play started.

i'm pretty sure it's if we win the game, the party in office stays in office, when we lose, the other party gets in. meaning if we win, obama gets re elected, if we lose, romney does. it's not win = democrat, lose = republican

ahhh yea i get the rule now. so since the party before obama was republican, and we lost, a democrat (obama) won the election.

Carolina sucks and Cam is a choke artist. We need to win this game. I live here and don't wanna hear ****.

Our defense is a choke artist..........I live here too and dont want to hear Panther fans talk ****, especially after going to the game last year and having to watch a dominant first half go to **** after Hightower tears his knee up, Moss has a chest contusion and leaves, and Fletcher getting knocked out of the game (back/hammy?). But, why should we think our horrible secondary can even contain Steve Smith or LeFell? Hall has documented EPIC FAIL trying to even stop Steve Smith from his Falcon days.

It's going to be a tough game. The only thing in our favor is RGIII and the fact that the Panthers defense isnt that great (15th against the pass, 20th against run) and Cam has been turning the ball over a lot. I think it comes down to the turnover battle and special teams. We win those, we win. But then there can always be that epic 3rd and 30 play our defense gives up for 30+ yards and a first down on what would be a game winning stop...........or a go ahead TD (like the one to the Giants).

Archived