Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gut check time for the Washington Redskins. Carolina is a MUST WIN game!!

Commander PK

While I appreciate your mindset on this, I just don't trust our defense to help us win any games this year. It seems like every time we've played this season, has found their offensive groove against us. With no defensive support, we'll be lucky if we win over 6 games this season.

:helmet:

I don't think this game is a must win because we're gonna make the playoffs.

I think it's a must win because it's time to turn this thing around.

this is pretty much what I'm getting at. This team has a chance to make a statement Sunday. Yes we are improving. Yes there is hope. You take the season one game at a time, and if the Skins can win the game Sunday they are 4-5 at the bye week. Most of us would have been totally ok with that on the eve of the Saints game. To secure Shanahan's best record since he has been here, (7-9) they would have to go 3-4 over the last 7 games. I don't think that is a reach by any stretch. I feel this team has at least enough in it for that much.

I am too, because I remember everyone on the redskin team, and fans just wanted more points from the offence.

Now that we have a QB all hell breaks loose on the defense. This is the worst redskins defense I have ever seen. The defense can't stop anyone!

I could probably complete a go route to my mom.:ols:

Thing is, we were 31st in d in 2006, so we've seen atrocious defenses recently, but this year's defense makes 2006 look like the '85 bears (ok, that's an exaggeration, but point still stands). I keep thinking this'll be the week we put up a good defensive performance and get back on track, but this is a whole other level. Will we hold any team to 21 points or less this year? I'm doubting it. And this just a year after we allowed only 7 games over 21 points all year (already at 8 this year and it's showing no signs of slowing down).

Even with how bad our offense used to be, I never got as angry watching them as I do watching our d now. I don't even bother watching the defense some series.

I predicted anywhere from 7-9 season to a 9-7 depending on injuries. Looks like I was right as we look to be 7-9. I also think the Skins win this one fairly easily.

Don't give yourself too much credit :hysterical: We're 3-5 everyone expected us to do worse and we've been in every game, but one (pittsburgh)

Definitely must win. With 5 more tough division games yet to play, we gotta have this one if there's to be any drama at all pertaining to this being anything but an average to below average season.

Including 3 straight division games following the bye. We gotta win this one.

One thing that hasn't really been mentioned is Sunday is the now annual homecoming game and the Redskins will be wearing the uniform the team used their first year in D.C. The 1937 NFL Champion Washington Redskins led by the legendary Sammy Baugh. The team that started it all in Washington.

The current team needs to respect that legacy, by bringing their absolute best effort to the field on Sunday, and representing the generations of fans that have stuck by this team through the good and the bad for 8 decades.

One thing that hasn't really been mentioned is Sunday is the now annual homecoming game and the Redskins will be wearing the uniform the team used their first year in D.C. The 1937 NFL Champion Washington Redskins led by the legendary Sammy Baugh. The team that started it all in Washington.

The current team needs to respect that legacy, by bringing their absolute best effort to the field on Sunday, and representing the generations of fans that have stuck by this team through the good and the bad for 8 decades.

Completely agree! I think its possible to get back to .500 (5-5) with the next two games. Got to have this one and 2 weeks to prep for Philly,

Agree, this is a must win game. Should the team win going into the bye and then face Philly at home the following week they at least still have a shot at a playoff berth. Otherwise season is over pre-bye week. And with no 1st round pick next year there is not much of a silver lining in loosing out.

The Panthers will have over 300 yards passing continuing the streak. I think he'll have only 1-2 td throws though. Just like all the other games this one will be too close for comfort.

I think the skins go into every game with the mentality of winning no matter what. Maybe they can start to put together a little home field advantage with another win??

Are you going to lay down like a bunch of ****es or are you going to fight to save your season? Which is it going to be Skins?

Historically, this team doesn't do well in "must win" situations.. So, Im with ya on this one.. It'll tell us if we've got ANY heart on the team at all.. There's always "hope".. And I HOPE we win, for the sake of the team, fanbase, coaching staff and all the rest..

Including 3 straight division games following the bye. We gotta win this one.

To get to 7 wins (which for me would be a positive season), this would certainly seem like an obvious one to take. But, in January when I look back on our season, I won't really care how we got to 7. I think the division games you mention are the key to our season. If we can begin to assert ourselves against our rivals, then I'll feel pretty good about where we stand. Last year, we easily could have been 4-2 (Philly dominated us both times, we swept New York, and we played Dallas to the wire twice) in the divisional games so I'd like to see us get 2-3 wins this year. If we do that and beat Cleveland and/or Carolina we are right around where I believe we should be.

Archived