Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gut check time for the Washington Redskins. Carolina is a MUST WIN game!!

Commander PK

What? We played the G-men down to the wire last week and should have won but played today IN Pittsburgh, IN the rain against Big Ben who is 14-1 against NFC East QBs and our WR's dropped 10+ passes. We just had an off day. Happens. I think we'll be able to shut down the Panthers non-existent run game, make them one dimensional and expose Cam.

We'll see.

I don't know about must win because this isn't a playoff team, but I guess if you have playoff hopes sure it's a win.

I just want some positive momentum going into the bye. I think RG3 and the offense put up a big game but I don't see the D doing much once again vs. Newton.

Wouldn't it still be a highly beneficial season for the young players regardless even if the lack of current top level talent precludes us from doing much better than last year?

Hail.

Yes, but I would like to also see tangible improvement and don't think beating Carolina, Cleveland, and a couple division rivals should be too much to hope for.

He isn't committing stupid penalties aside from today. That's Josh Morgan. He lost it today, so what. You think it's gonna make our defense come unglued? I'm sorry, but our defense can't play much worse. D.Hall has a big mouth, but it's only showing up because we're losing and our defense stinks. Several players on defense for the Steelers, Giants have big mouths but it's called "attitude" because they're winning.

For the record, I don't care if he's suspended, benched, cut or whatever...I'm just saying we aren't gonna be an ounce better without him, and I'm not sure we can get much worse.

Really? Attitude and talking is fine. Getting a penalty for it is inexcusable. Meangelo has 1 defensive holding penaly this year. Im fine with that. He has 3 unsportsman like and 1 pass interference. Thats 5 free first downs for the opposing offense and he blames the officials and blows up. Check my post in the What To do with Deangelo Hall Thread. Theres alot more I dont like bout him.

wow. these replies are SAD. and don't tell me you're being realistic, you are just giving up on your team.

The defense gives you reason for any optimism? The only way we win is if Griffin wins shoot outs and he can't do it every week with the banged up receiving core.

wow. these replies are SAD. and don't tell me you're being realistic, you are just giving up on your team.

Except for the dropped passes yesterday and that stupid RG3 as a option play at receiver im fine with the offense. Zero faith in the defense especially with this disgusting secondary. Now the pass rush is a absolute issue. It seems to me we are always facing a must win around this time of the season, and against a team that either is struggling or has to win to survive the rest of the way. And that team will be the Panthers. Skins just cant get the decent breaks when needed so that we can all feel content that this organization is on it's way to greater glory instead of wondering and hopping for the best. damn.

ok, i'm a homer.call me crazy (and i have a feeling none of this will even happen, lol) but thats how i HOPE in my mind that the rest of the season will turn out.

I've been called crazy for 20 years, so if folks call you that,...meh.:silly:

Thank you, my optimistic friend...I, too, think RGIII can get it back together. He's the leader of this team, and I don't think he likes losing, even if it's his first season. He knew the playbook before anyone thought he would. Injuries have hurt us. Capgate has hurt us. But I have confidence in our leader and his ability to project his winning attitude onto others and turn it into action on the field...hopefully, a little play-action with COMPLETED passes to Moss for TDs!!:D

Hail!!:point2sky

The TEAM has given up, man! That has been Shannahan's hallmark so far in his tenure as head coach of the Redskins. His teams start off promising in September...winning their first game, and maybe another game or two soon after that. They stay competitive, lose a couple of close ones...and then they completely unravel and give up and we are out of playoff contention by November.

This team is such a complete disappoint to me on so many levels. I understand that the BS cap hit depleted our secondary, but that does not excuse the piss poor play that has infected the vast majority of this team. The only 3 players working at a high level are Morris, RG3, and Kerrigan. The O-Line is holding it together, but only slightly better than expected. We cannot generate a pass rush at all. The receivers suddenly cannot hold onto the football. Even once sure tacklers are now letting people squirm away. I thought the 3-4 was supposed to generate so many hurries and sacks? So much for that theory.

Carolina sucks and Cam is a choke artist. We need to win this game. I live here and don't wanna hear ****.

I'm the same. I live across the border from Charlotte and work here in the city. I don't want to lose, but something tells me God will not allow me to be happy and we'll lose. I just know we will. I'm already prepared for it.

Redskins rest of schedule:

Vs Panthers-W, 4-5

BYE WEEK

Vs Eagles-W, 5-5 (1-1 in NFC EAST)

@ Cowboys-W, 6-5 (2-1 in NFC EAST)

Vs Giants-W, 7-5 (3-1 in NFC EAST)

Vs Ravens-L, 7-6

@ Browns-W, 8-6

@ Eagles-W, 9-6 (4-1 in NFC EAST)

Vs Cowboys-W, 10-6 (5-1 in NFC EAST)

call me crazy (and i have a feeling none of this will even happen, lol) but thats how i HOPE in my mind that the rest of the season will turn out.

You're crazy! :ols:

This team is such a complete disappoint to me on so many levels. I understand that the BS cap hit depleted our secondary, but that does not excuse the piss poor play that has infected the vast majority of this team. The only 3 players working at a high level are Morris, RG3, and Kerrigan. The O-Line is holding it together, but only slightly better than expected. We cannot generate a pass rush at all. The receivers suddenly cannot hold onto the football. Even once sure tacklers are now letting people squirm away. I thought the 3-4 was supposed to generate so many hurries and sacks? So much for that theory.

There is an entire thread for posts like this!! Get it over there, this thread to my understanding is to get ready for next week.

Check my post in the prediction thread last week, we were gonna lose to the Steelers. I'm over it, (although not real happy with the receiver performance) we need the Carolina game. To get to 4-5 before the bye IS the season. If we lose, then let's all start talking about next year, however, WHEN we win, we have plenty to talk about this year!!

Get your **** together D, the Panthers are a beatable team, but it's no lock. They took the Bears, who are one of the leagues best this year, to the wire. I 100% agree with the OP, this game is our season!!! We need positive energy starting now here on ES, get the old mojo moving our way early! Most of us have a brutal storm to deal with, so I don't need anymore Debbie downers in my life.

LET"S GO SKINS! 4-5 baby, then the Iggles to get us to .500!!

2012 is done if you had yor sights set on a deep playoff run. I agree with that. If you were hoping/expecting games in mid January, then yeah, the season is clearly toast.

But if you had somewhat rational expectations and were hoping for 7 or 8 wins and feeling good about the team at the end of the year, then no, it's not done yet.

You know what? Just like every year, I can take the losses if I see progress in wins. I'm not seeing that. As far as losing goes, what really bothers me the most is not losing, but HOW we are losing. It's like friggin Groundhog Day. Missed PAT, shanked punt, dropped passes, failure in coverage, not getting a 3 and out when we need it, having 1st and goal and "always" someone false starts, ete, and on and on and on. It just gets maddening watching the same ****ups every week out of this team. You really think as a fan that "one time" they'll put it all together and have a complete game. When we do win, I have to have a godamn set of paddles shocking my heart back to beating. Just one, time, one FRIGGIN time, I'd love to have a game like Denver did last night, where we're up 34-7 with about 10 minutes left and I can sit back and relax and really enjoy the win. I have yet to enjoy one of our wins this year, with the exception of MAYBE the Saints game in the opener because everything was so new.

This defense suck, and Carolina already showed they can beat our healthy defense during Cam Newton rookie season.

I have faith in our offence, but zero confidence in our defense, and you can look at the team captains. Fletcher I love him,

but he's losing it fast, and Hall just isn't representing this defense as a captain should display on the field.

The redskins can win, but this isn't a game we should win. I feel this way throughout the entire schedule, because

our defense is lacking.

I don't see how our d is going to pull it together. Should we pull a Philly and fire our d coordinator during the bye week? Maybe. I think we win this game because Carolina is pathetic, but we lost to them last year so it's no guarantee. We need a win here, and I think we should play well against our division, so I could see us finishing the season somewhere between 6-10 and 10-6; we just need MAJOR changes to happen for our defense. I am just appalled at how horrible they have been this year.

I am just appalled at how horrible they have been this year.

I am too, because I remember everyone on the redskin team, and fans just wanted more points from the offence.

Now that we have a QB all hell breaks loose on the defense. This is the worst redskins defense I have ever seen. The defense can't stop anyone!

I could probably complete a go route to my mom.:ols:

Archived