Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gut check time for the Washington Redskins. Carolina is a MUST WIN game!!

Commander PK

I'm not worried about our offense. We had guys open all day today against a very good defense. The drops were pretty isolated to today so saying that we have no one to get open and catch the ball is a bit dramatic.

"...we have nobody that can consistently get open and catch balls."

I dont think that statement is inaccurate.

If you think this team is still trying, good for you, I don't. It is not a number, but a theme. The Steekers did not punt until the second half. Our coaches throw RG3 as a WR, the defense stopped no one and we dropped 8 balls

I watched the game too (in fact, I even noticed that the Steelers punted in the first half, but why stop you when you're on a roll), but thanks for the recap.

I don't believe the team has quit on the season in October. Since I realize that citing positive plays cannot prove that to you, we can just agree to disagree.

This team has quit, the season is over. 3/13...book it
Did you watch the game? They quit.
8 drops, 1 punt for the steelers ...the season is done bro. We go 500,which ain't happening we are 7/9. I don't see 3 wins on the schedule with our d
If you think this team is still trying, good for you, I don't.

Given your position, what I'm booking for now is your departure, since there seems to reason for you to remain, until next season---should you feel like trying again then.

I guess you could say we did a gut check and you came up short.

Granted, I also checked your user notes first.

No hard feelings, and hope to see you next season.

????

So now opposing defenses can just count on 8-10 drops from our receivers? We laid an egg today in Pittsburgh. It happens. Before this game we have been competitive in every other game despite having a pathetic defense. I wouldn't throw dirt on a team led by young leaders like Griffin and Kerrigan.

You don't understand what I'm saying. We don't have no one to throw it when teams take away our run game. Since Davis went down, we don't have anyone that is reliable enough in the WR core to have a big game. I think none of our WRs got over 50 yards. That is bad. This has nothing to do with throwing dirt at Griffin. Griffin is the best player on offense. He is our Megatron type player.

Since you mentioned Kerrigan, he does not have a strong impact since Orakpo went down. A lot of ppl underrated how important Orakpo is. When he was in the lineup, we generated some pass rush. Since then, we have none at all. Today, Bens jersey was clean. Eli's jersey was clean, Ryan's jersey was clean. I'm not saying Kerrigan is terrible, he is just not effective without Orakpo. Now I'm not going to get into the Secondary because I'm sure we all agree on how historically terrible they are.

Did you watch the game? They quit.

I watched the entire game. I didn't see quit. I saw the usual terrible defense and an offense that dropped a lot of passes and suffered some horrendous playcalling. Just because we had one game where our offense couldn't keep up with the other teams offense doesnt mean our team quit. That's an extreme reach.

"...we have nobody that can consistently get open and catch balls."

I dont think that statement is inaccurate.

I do. We have guys who are getting open a lot. Our top 3 active WRs are all on pace for about 50 catches and 600 yards. That's not bad considering we don't have a #1 WR. If you are contending that we don't have a single, go-to guy then that's fine. But I thought Morgan played well today, Moss is a nice safety valve, Hankerson is developing, and the non-WRs are doing fine too.

who on the schedule do we beat ?

Any, all, or perhaps none. Welcome to the NFL 2012. We are good enough to lead the Giants with 1:30 to go at their place and bad enough to drop 10 balls in one game. Carolina is 1-6, the Panthers had the Bears beat in Chicago and blew it. No one is that much better than anyone else. We could just as easily go 6-2 as we could 2-6. I stick to 8-8 as my prediction and I still think we can go 4-2 in the do division. Who do we beat? Not sure. Who can't we beat? No one.

Today was the exception, not the norm... The offense can score on anybody.

DL, the Saints have won tons of games without a single go-to WR. Guys were open to make plays once they took away our running game, they just didn't make the plays today.

As for Kerrigan, I agree that he has been neutralized a bit without Orakpo, but I was speaking to his leadership, not his play. I don't believe this team will quit and find it pretty gutless how people would jump to that conclusion after one stinker out of half a season.

I hope "Meangelo" sits this one out. Interesting to see how the defense reacts with him out. I will be watching closely. At least the skins will be on tv here in Carolina.

Interesting to see how it reacts without him? lolol, He deserves what he gets, but he is by far not the only problem on this team. He has actually played well at times this year. If he sits, we'll just roll out the next scrub who routinely plays soft, can't cover and gets burned.

I wouldn't say the team quit, at least on offense that's not the case. On defense however, there does seem to be an issue. Guys on D look very flat and uninspired, like they don't believe in the scheme or what they're told to do. It looks like they are treating the games like it's preseason.

I can't tell you how much I hate "must win" games. Since Gibbs2.0, I can't remember us winning any. We always find a way to lose games like this. Hope we can reverse that trend. But in all honesty, I have no expectations of this team. We win, great. We lose, oh well. Better luck next week. I just don't see the progression and I realize its hard with so many injuries but still. Morris, and RGIII and studs. The Oline is surprisingly good. Or the other two are making them look better than they are. Idk. Both? A win going into the bye would be huge and stop a 3 game slide.

I do feel that if we somehow pull a win against Carolina, it will give us confidence going into the bye having a good opportunity to beat the eagles at home.

I don't know if it is me or not, but I feel that some of our guys are not showing passion on the field. I'm glad there are guys really trying though. Like for example, when Paulsen dove to try to catch the pass. At least he tried and I wasn't disappointed. If that was Hankerson, he probably wouldn't of dove for it. It may sound stupid but these simple things show how much you want to win. Some of our guys don't want it like other teams do. You can tell that the Steelers came to play and it showed.

Interesting to see how it reacts without him? lolol, He deserves what he gets, but he is by far not the only problem on this team. He has actually played well at times this year. If he sits, we'll just roll out the next scrub who routinely plays soft, can't cover and gets burned.

Laugh all you want. Work your butt off all week and watch one guy runnin his mouth, commiting stupid penalties and see how you feel bout him. He is a team captain. I think he is a bad apple. Better off without him. Just my opinion.

2012 is done if you had yor sights set on a deep playoff run. I agree with that. If you were hoping/expecting games in mid January, then yeah, the season is clearly toast.

But if you had somewhat rational expectations and were hoping for 7 or 8 wins and feeling good about the team at the end of the year, then no, it's not done yet.

2012 is done if you had yor sights set on a deep playoff run. I agree with that. If you were hoping/expecting games in mid January, then yeah, the season is clearly toast.

But if you had somewhat rational expectations and were hoping for 7 or 8 wins and feeling good about the team at the end of the year, then no, it's not done yet.

Precisely!

7-9 with a season of experience for our youngsters would make me optimistic.

Laugh all you want. Work your butt off all week and watch him run his mouth and commit stupid penalties on game day. How would that make you feel? He is a team captain also. Nice Meangelo. Never said he was the only problem but he is one. I think he is a "bad apple" Just my opinion.

Laugh all you want. Work your butt off all week and watch one guy runnin his mouth, commiting stupid penalties and see how you feel bout him. He is a team captain. I think he is a bad apple. Better off without him. Just my opinion.

He isn't committing stupid penalties aside from today. That's Josh Morgan. He lost it today, so what. You think it's gonna make our defense come unglued? I'm sorry, but our defense can't play much worse. D.Hall has a big mouth, but it's only showing up because we're losing and our defense stinks. Several players on defense for the Steelers, Giants have big mouths but it's called "attitude" because they're winning.

For the record, I don't care if he's suspended, benched, cut or whatever...I'm just saying we aren't gonna be an ounce better without him, and I'm not sure we can get much worse.

ok, i'm a homer. but heres how i see the rest of the season going for the NFC EAST:

Giants rest of schedule:

Vs Steelers-Lose, 6-3

@ Bengals-W, 7-3

BYE WEEK

VS Packers-L, 7-4

@ Redskins-L, 7-5 (2-3 in NFC EAST)

Vs Saints-L, 7-6

@ Falcons-L, 7-7

@ Ravens-W, 8-7

Vs Eagles-L, 8-8 (3-3 in NFC EAST)

Cowboys rest of schedule:

@ Falcons-L, 3-5

@ Eagles-W, 4-5 (2-1 in NFC EAST)

Vs Browns-W, 5-5

Vs Redskins-L, 5-6 (2-2 in NFC EAST

Vs Eagles-W, 6-6 (3-2 in NFC EAST

@ Bengals-W, 7-6

Vs Steelers-L, 7-7

Vs Saints-L, 7-8

@ Redskins-L, 7-9 (3-3 in NFC EAST)

Eagles rest of schedule:

@ Saints-L, 3-5

Vs Cowboys-L, 3-6 (1-1 in NFC EAST)

@ Redskins-L, 3-7 (1-2 in NFC EAST)

Vs Panthers-W, 4-7

@ Cowboys-L, 4-8 (1-3 in NFC EAST)

@ Buccaneers-W, 5-8

Vs Bengals-W, 6-8

Vs Redskins-L, 6-9 (1-4 in NFC EAST)

@ Giants-W, 7-9 (2-4 in NFC EAST)

Redskins rest of schedule:

Vs Panthers-W, 4-5

BYE WEEK

Vs Eagles-W, 5-5 (1-1 in NFC EAST)

@ Cowboys-W, 6-5 (2-1 in NFC EAST)

Vs Giants-W, 7-5 (3-1 in NFC EAST)

Vs Ravens-L, 7-6

@ Browns-W, 8-6

@ Eagles-W, 9-6 (4-1 in NFC EAST)

Vs Cowboys-W, 10-6 (5-1 in NFC EAST)

call me crazy (and i have a feeling none of this will even happen, lol) but thats how i HOPE in my mind that the rest of the season will turn out.

Archived