Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Banks: Clash Time--Should He Stay or Should He Go? (MET)

TD_washingtonredskins

if the texans can cut holliday who returned 2punts an a ko for tds then we can cut banks! we need a shifty speed rb to play the position that banks does in the read option... 1 who doesn't go down if u breathe or look at him...Imo shld cut banks an royster an look at teams ps for shiftier rbs to fill roles

Love / hate,, i can see it.

I hated his holding penalty in the first quarter that erased a nice run.. and then WHAM! he's making outstanding special teams plays.

Last year he got flagged for a hit that was identical to the one that took the returner's helmet off. I was PLENTY P.O'd about it, but not because of my usual ire with danny Smith, but because it was a beautiful play, and it dre a flag.

Glad to see th official back there on Sunday let him play football like it's supposed to be played.

Niles Paul is turning into a special teams ace.. and with the mission that Lorenzo Alexander's been on this year.. our punt cover team is shag-NASTY. the stats do not show the impacts they are laying out on returners. They're making CRUSHING hits.

They are going to cause a game changing turnover this year, i believe.

Smith has them playing!

~Bang

Agree.....I was so amazed the PR for the Vikings did not fumble when his helmet came off..I don't know how he held on to that ball.!

Here's a defense "planning" for Brandon Banks:

"Yeah, just kick it away from that little guy, number 16 over there. Yeah, yeah, he doesn't do ****, but if a kick somehow is ever not kicked out of the endzone, then he might end up going more north-northwest than he has been which could, you know, eff this conversation. What're we doing for lunch?"

"He's too small"

"He's taking up a roster spot"

"Niles Paul can return punts/kick offs just as well"

"He will fumble, certainly"

"He's a gimmick player"

"He got stabbed at a night club - He's a real thug".....ok I was joking with this one

Just give it a freaking rest already..............................

ES-Anti-Banks Movement!

if the texans can cut holliday who returned 2punts an a ko for tds then we can cut banks! we need a shifty speed rb to play the position that banks does in the read option... 1 who doesn't go down if u breathe or look at him...Imo shld cut banks an royster an look at teams ps for shiftier rbs to fill roles

Is Slaton still available? Wish he had grabbed him and he would be more effective out of the option than Banks is because he is a more natural runner and can find lanes and creases better. Plus he doesn't put it on the ground every time somebody looks at him.

You are correct if we had a speed back like Jeff Demps(elite speed so dont even need that level) and put them in the backfield on these option plays we could cut Banks in a heartbeat. I would still do it with Robinson honestly.

Is Slaton still available? Wish he had grabbed him and he would be more effective out of the option than Banks is because he is a more natural runner and can find lanes and creases better. Plus he doesn't put it on the ground every time somebody looks at him.

You are correct if we had a speed back like Jeff Demps(elite speed so dont even need that level) and put them in the backfield on these option plays we could cut Banks in a heartbeat. I would still do it with Robinson honestly.

Slaton is a free agent and probably for a reason.

Slaton is a free agent and probably for a reason.

Plus, I don't think the question is here is how to replace Banks. I believe we have plenty of talent on the roster who can do what he does. Banks is a replacement level player at this point. The stats I posted yesterday prove to me that any marginal player in the NFL could do what he's doing. So, I'd consider letting him walk without replacing him and use the roster spot for whoever happens to be the best player available at any position.

I'm just tired of seeing him WALK off the field taking his sweet precious time. I'm not seeing any urgency in his game, definitely not being decisive and lethal. He's trying to do too much and in return is doing nothing. At this point I think he should just continue to fair catch, that's the best part of his game right now

I'm just tired of seeing him WALK off the field taking his sweet precious time. I'm not seeing any urgency in his game, definitely not being decisive and lethal. He's trying to do too much and in return is doing nothing. At this point I think he should just continue to fair catch, that's the best part of his game right now

Maybe he should run behind the goal post, grab the ball, and run it back for a score. This may actually work and the fans would cheer because he tried.

Then some ES members would wake up and realize that the coaches must know more than us.

Maybe he should run behind the goal post, grab the ball, and run it back for a score. This may actually work and the fans would cheer because he tried.

Then some ES members would wake up and realize that the coaches must know more than us.

I have a hope that the coaches know something, but it won't make a difference if he can't produce. No matter what the coaches know, the kid just aint doing it right now

hopefully hightower is healed an we can resign him an cut banks, id rather th get the ball in spread option look than banks at least he can break tackles banks is soft as tissue paper an hasn't showed me anything as a returner or rb...

I mean why sign grant an not use him? put him in already gotta b better than what royster+banks have showed so far!

I'll offer this up.

Banks on the field creates match up problems for the defense. They have film of him throwing the ball, they have film of him running the option, they have film of him on an end around, they have film of him taking a pitch around the edge. It is a lot to look for.

Now, having him in the backfield with RGIII and Morris creates even more problems. Morris up the middle? RGIII around the tackle? Banks around the sideline? Pitch back to RGIII for a throw down field? Banks throwing down field? Play action to both then rolling back the other way by RGIII? That's a crap load to think about. Even more, imagine being on D and the O sub package comes in with him. You have to digest what you are seeing as well as prepare for what can occur in less then 30 seconds.

I get the argument for Paul or Robinson, but there speed seems to be more straight line and not the shifty start stop and pure acceleration that Banks shows and is important for those types of plays.

Let's take it a step farther. Imagine Garcon healthy at one wide out, Hankerson at the other. RGIII behind center, Morris and Davis flanking him on either side and Banks directly behind RGIII. The speed / weapons out of that set is sick! And the potential to run that no huddle. Think the D may get a bit gassed? lol

This is why I'm an advocate of drafting Denard Robinson

I think he should stay and I think Kyle needs to use his speed much more. I mean burn a secondary in the 4th qrt on a fly pattern or deep post, they won't catch him and thats a fact! We are throwing short screens to him hoping he will break one, and he will if they give him that one block to set him free or give him that step. "Speed Kills" and the Redskins have much of it this year! Be patient, Kyle has him in because he knows he can take it to the house at any moment, and that moments coming brothers. Could be in the biggest game of the season to win it.

• 1 month later...

OK, I'm gonna bump this.

Dude is the most frustrating guy on the roster. Yesterday's blunder was COMPLETELY inexcusable. On top of it all, I'm sick and tired of him taking the ball 5 yards deep out of the end zone and repeatedly failing to make it to the 20. He's a small man and can't take any contact. There has to be a better option on the roster for returns, right?

Archived