Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Banks: Clash Time--Should He Stay or Should He Go? (MET)

TD_washingtonredskins

"Sounds like"? Just as I thought, you haven't even watched any Redskins games.:ols:

Instead of just saying that you like Banks, why don't you try saying what it is that you like about him. What in your opinion has he done for the team? For all we know you could just like his dreads or his TD endzone dancing (from last season of course).

BTW, if you have to ask "where are the running lanes for a guy with Banks' speed?" You are truly not watching games and you definately didn't read much of this thread. It is obvious that Banks is trying to avoid as much contact as possible by immediately sprinting towards the sideline as soon as he catches a kick/punt and isn't worried about or even bothers looking for running lanes. Whatever the reason or reasons are for Banks not willing to turn it up the field are open for debate. You know, for us cry babies.:ols:

What do they know about Banks that we don't big guy?

So you are insinuating that he isn't being coached to run down the sidelines? For a guy his size and with his speed, I would advise him to get to the outside. I'd bet that the scheme they have for him includes chances for turnovers or TD based on him running the sidelines.

But again what do fans know, they aren't coaches.......oh wait forgot that you are!

So when are you cutting Banks? The cheerleaders would love to know who you have that has returned a punt or kick for a TD in the past 2 years.

If Niles was any good, don't you think he'd be out there on a regular basis or is it that the coaches don't want to risk losing him as a TE?

The closes return men we've had in 3 years was Devin Thomas and AA (and we all know how that worked out and where they are).

Tell me again how ES knows that he is trying to avoid contact?

As long as this is a threat, I'm a cheerleader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XutVv0rjug

oh wait he can do this too:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000056344/Banks-47-yard-catch

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000056346/Banks-43-yard-reverse

AA for BB?

Eh...Robinson is filling the "burn everyone and get open 50 yards downfield" role pretty well, and that's all AA is really good for.

If there's a half way decent young ILB somewhere out there in FA-land, I'd snag him. London is getting older, and Robinson just got injured.

For Mr. flexxskins - End of discussion? - the real Redskins coach has spoken!

ESPN: Redskins aim to keep using Brandon Banks

"The reason why we do have [him] in our offense as a receiver and a running back [is] we know the potential that he has to make plays," Shanahan said. "He's made some big plays for us. We're going to give him those options. He's a guy who's got a lot of energy. He can make plays."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/46119/redskins-want-to-keep-using-brandon-banks

Wash..Post: Mike Shanahan studying Brandon Banks’ decision making

Mike Shanahan said that he and his staff will “take a hard look,” at struggling punt/kick returner Brandon Banks’ decision making and will try to find ways to get more out of the speedy third-year pro.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/11/26/mike-shanahan-studying-brandon-banks-decision-making/

per Graziano (you will like this):

"They have a guy who's really only on the team because he offers the potential for the spectacular, game-breaking play. And in order to avoid disaster in the return game, they find themselves having to coach him not to always try for the spectacular, game-breaking play. There's no doubting Banks' speed or its usefulness, and that speed is the reason he's continued to get second chances in Washington in spite of not yet showing enough consistency. But at some point, if that speed doesn't come with improved reliability, you have to wonder how many more chances it will buy him."

You do realize those videos are from preseason, against backups, right?

That's the problem and why he's on the team - he had success against backups but can't do **** against starters

We brought in Muckelroy at ILB, but did so by replacing Robinson, not Banks.

I read the Graz article, and the simple fact is that Shanahan will stand behind the guys on his team until the moment they're gone. Banks is very expendable, but he's still got value. Minimal, replaceable value, but still value. I imagine that if we didn't keep having to move players to IR, and that they were just getting hit with injuries that held them out for a couple games, Banks would have been released in order to bring someone in while they healed. As it stands, people keep ending up on IR (I think there's 15 inactives), and not coming back.

Banks needs to have a really strong final five games in order to have a good shot at making the roster next year, probably regardless of what Shanahan says.

You do realize those videos are from preseason, against backups, right?

That's the problem and why he's on the team - he had success against backups but can't do **** against starters

I do, but they underscore the write-up by Jones and Graziano...his potential is the reason Banks is still on this team. ES can keep wishing him to go away, but the coaches apparently know better.

Eh...Robinson is filling the "burn everyone and get open 50 yards downfield" role pretty well, and that's all AA is really good for.

If there's a half way decent young ILB somewhere out there in FA-land, I'd snag him. London is getting older, and Robinson just got injured.

AA signed with the Cowboys today. So forget that anyway.

i usually dont post too often because most of the time its already been said and i hate "piggy backing"... but unless he proves something during the rest of the season i say we have to cut him loose. most people think im an idiot for this but i would not mind us picking up danard robinson in the 4th because hes pretty dynamic and big enough to play receiver on offense. anyways just a thought, and i am aware of our numerous other needs as well as the fact that we could use a big man for a target.

Archived