Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Veep Debate

Larry

Not surprised by CNN's reaction. They're like the opposite of MSNBC and Fox.

Sometimes I think they go too far in trying to be "Fair and Balanced"

There's no such thing as going "too far" to be objective.

Objectivity is journalism's highest goal.

And yes, Biden needs a refresher course in good manners.

Any gains that Biden has on the Substance (if any) will be lost by Biden's disrespect for his opponent/the moderator......and the process

Biden was expected to win....and he looked like a Jerk trying to do that

What?

I must have seen about 8-10 people on Facebook post meme's earlier today about how Ryan was going to completely destroy "whacky" Joe Biden.

Move the goalposts much?

My little sister asked about the Biden laughing thing, too, and I said I didn't know because I was 20 the last VP debate (don't have a lot to compare to). Biden was more definitive in his answers, and again called Ryan out on not having a plan to balance the budget with his proposed tax cuts. I really don't care about his laughing, because they did their jobs showing their different positions, and I'm more comfortable with Biden's. Ryan's feelings on abortion freak me out, and I'm a guy...

Guest Spearfeather

All this debate will do is calm some nerves of the Dems. What will drive the rest of the election though will be Obama's performance in the 2 debates. Obama is the one people are voting or not voting for; so Obama will be the one who will need to win the final 2 debates. Romney wins the next one and then Obama might not be able to stop the momentum in Romney's favor.

Absolutely, 100% agree.

Yeah, I know. I'm as shocked as you are.

What?

I must have seen about 8-10 people on Facebook post meme's earlier today about how Ryan was going to completely destroy "whacky" Joe Biden.

Move the goalposts much?

Biden has more experiance...and was in HOW MANY debates before this?

I just wonder what happened when Bidens Anger Management group saw his jerkiness on TV...did They have a breakdown like The VP of Smugness?

There's no such thing as going "too far" to be objective.

Objectivity is journalism's highest goal.

See, I'm not talking about being objective.

I'm referring to CNN's habit of showing false equivalency between the two parties.

Both parties have thier issues but the current incarnation of the Republican Party is crazy.

And notice I didn't say that conservatives are crazy.

I have it as a draw, for now, only because Biden's manners were completely abhorrent. I'll see what the fact checkers say tomorrow, though.

Which is worse;

The President tries to remain calm and dignified in the face of a guy lying, and he looks glum, disinterested, like he doesn't want to be there, and unprepared.

When the Vice President, essentially, smiles and laughs at his opponents lies and calls him on their bull****, he comes off as crass and rude.

Where's the middle ground?

I don't think there really is one. At least not at this point.

See, I'm not talking about being objective.

I'm referring to CNN's habit of showing false equivalency between the two parties.

Is that what they did during the Obama/Romney debate? Interesting theory.

(my post actually showed up on this page, nice, lol)

CNN focus group said it was even....

I guess they were trying to be impartial. :pfft:

Archived