Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Veep Debate

Larry

Guest Spearfeather

Ryan did a little better later on in the debate.

I don't think it was the complete beatdown that some have said but, I did think Ryan would do better than he did.

Momentum will likely swing back to Obama after this debate, but I also suspect Biden's frat boy behavior is going to piss of intelligent, independent voters...

Yes, intelligent voters are often swayed by the type of bull**** that was coming out of Ryan's mouth tonight . . . :ols:

Anyway, Biden won tonight, but he was also a bit of a jackass. His win will be damaged by his being a bit of a jackass.

I'm gonna say that it will all come out to a net positive night for Obama/Biden, but it won't be powerful enough to create any significant movement in the polls.

(Also, great job by Raddatz. I'll look forward to seeing her again in four years.)

Momentum will likely swing back to Obama after this debate, but I also suspect Biden's frat boy behavior is going to piss of intelligent, independent voters...

I feel like I'm a little out of sync on this one...but while i didn't see the first 20 minutes, and didn't like some of the immediate Biden face-making stuff, i just thought he was aggressive and appropriately/deservedly and strategically smart so in degree...and in terms of advancing views from a seeming position of "having the facts & grasp", i thought he won clearly...

This debate was less about changing minds for Biden than firing up the base and he accomplished that.

Definitely agree with that.

But he may have fired up the Republican base too and possibly turned people off.

We'll have to see how people view this over the next few days.

I've only got to listen or view the last hour, as I was in my car and then checking in into my hotel room.

What I was able to listen or view; Biden won clearly. Especially the second half hour when I was listening. Biden though came across a little thuggish though; especially when I was just listening only. I doubt I will catch the reply. Biden did what he had to do.

All this debate will do is calm some nerves of the Dems. What will drive the rest of the election though will be Obama's performance in the 2 debates. Obama is the one people are voting or not voting for; so Obama will be the one who will need to win the final 2 debates. Romney wins the next one and then Obama might not be able to stop the momentum in Romney's favor.

Archived