Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Atlanta BlackStar: Arkansas State Rep: Slavery Was a ‘Blessing in Disguise’

NoCalMike

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why with the advances in technology and higher learning is the country getting dumber and dumber?

Because some elements of one of the political parties and their propaganda news network are turning intelligence into a bad, elitist trait

Also, while it may seem we are getting dumber, it may not be at such a sharp rate as we think. Sadly, a lot of these people have existed for some time, it's just that whereas in the past their voice would be isolated to their local area, now you have internet and 24/7 news cycles, so any moron with a glaringly stupid and controversial stance is going to get some buzz.

Because some elements of one of the political parties and their propaganda news network are turning intelligence into a bad, elitist trait

Also, while it may seem we are getting dumber, it may not be at such a sharp rate as we think. Sadly, a lot of these people have existed for some time, it's just that whereas in the past their voice would be isolated to their local area, now you have internet and 24/7 news cycles, so any moron with a glaringly stupid and controversial stance is going to get some buzz.

I do think that increased exposure is a part of it.

20 years ago, if an ex-state-legislator says something this stupid, nobody outside the county newspaper cares.

But I also think that there's another factor going on, here.

I think I'm seeing a lot more things like racism and similar things, being said right out in the open. In fact, in front of cameras. Because there isn;t the penalty for it that there used to be.

My opinion is that if somebody said something this dumb, 20 years ago, his friends would desert him. He's be shunned. Archie Bunker mad being racist socially unacceptable, by satirizing racists, by saying things that weren't this dumb.

But now days? You can say things this dumb, on TV, and in the right crowd, get rewarded for it.

It isn't as shameful to be racist as it was, for a while.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Why with the advances in technology and higher learning is the country getting dumber and dumber?

People are not getting dumber. Technology just gives dumb folks a platform that they never had before.

I can't believe you all missed this other guy, a leader of the Tea Party movement in Arkansas:

Current Arkansas State Representative Loy Mauch ®:

Nowhere in the Holy Bible have I found a word of condemnation for the operation of slavery, Old or New Testament. If slavery was so bad, why didn’t Jesus, Paul or the prophets say something?

This country already lionizes Wehrmacht leaders. They go by the names of Lincoln, Grant, Sherman, Sheridan, Custer, etc. These Marxists not only destroyed the Constitution they were sworn to uphold, but apostatized the word of God. Either these depraved infidels or the Constitution and Scriptures are in error. I’m more persuaded by the word of God.

I would like to thank this newspaper’s editorialist for publishing the tribute to Abraham Lincoln as well as his second inaugural address so that the readers can see for themselves what a fake this neurotic Northern war criminal truly was.

If slavery were so God-awful, why didn’t Jesus or Paul condemn it, why was it in the Constitution and why wasn’t there a war before 1861?

The South has always stood by the Constitution and limited government. When one attacks the Confederate Battle Flag, he is certainly denouncing these principles of government as well as Christianity.

The 14th Amendment [which made black people citizens and extended the Bill of Rights to the States] completely destroyed the Founders’ concept of limited government and was coerced on this nation by radical people and in my opinion was never legally ratified as required by Article V of the Constitution. It was essentially a Karl Marx concept and would have never come from the pen of Madison or any of the patriots from Virginia.

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2012/10/06/loy-mauch-update-the-republican-rep-is-on-record-on-slavery-too

Oh Arkansas.

Arkansas State Representative Loy Mauch ®

mauch-215x300.jpg

From Wiki:

Loy L. Mauch (born c. 1951) is a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from District 26, based primarily in Hot Spring County, Arkansas. A supporter of Confederate causes, Mauch is a member of the League of the South and a former head of a Sons of Confederate Veterans post. Mauch believes, among other things, that Abraham Lincoln should not be honored in Arkansas and that the Confederate flag is a symbol of Jesus Christ and biblical government. Mauch is a supporter of the Tea Party movement.[1]

Mauch resides in Bismarck in Hot Spring County, but the district includes a corner of Garland County, the seat of which is Hot Springs. The district contains the city of Malvern. Mauch won the position in 2010 by 533 votes, having received 53.5 percent of the 7,531 ballots cast. He succeeded the term-limited Democrat Mike Burris. Mauch's opponent was Terry Bracy, a former city council member in Malvern who owns an ambulance company. Bracy said that he was unaware of Mauch's Confederate sympathies at the time of their campaign.[1] Mauch is a prolific writer of letters to the editor to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. In these letters he compared Abraham Lincoln and Northern generals to Nazis, war criminals and communists and wrote that slavery couldn't have been that bad because "Jesus and Paul never condemned it". [2]

Mauch is a former bullrider and cable splicer for Southwestern Bell and AT&T.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loy_Mauch

Weirdly enough, as an African American male, this is probably one of the least racist things I've heard over the course of the last four years.

I agree with Larry; it used to be that if you said something this stupid you'd be pushed to the edges of society. Nowadays, you say something like this and not only is it accepted, in some circles it's treated as circles.

What's worse is the people who pretend like things like this aren't really racist, and maybe have some sort of merit. Weirdly enough a big part of the problem in this country is that every side of an argument has to be presented like the other side actually has merit, no matter how dumb and clueless it is. Just because you are entitled to your opinion and you have the right to free speech, it doesn't mean that your opinion has to be treated as valuable and worthy of discussion. Sometimes stupid **** is just stupid.

But I always feel like racism like this is less bad than the "subtle" racism that has taken hold in this country lately...

I'm confused, if the TP movement isn't inherently racist and/or bigoted, why are most of the racists/bigots politicians always associated with it?

What in it always appeals to them?

Same thing with the Ron Paul / Conspiracy Nutjob crowd.

Here's the direct quote, from the 2012 book "God's Law" written by Fuqua (from the Arkansas Times):

The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellious children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21.

This passage does not give parents blanket authority to kill their children. They must follow the proper procedure in order to have the death penalty executed against their children. I cannot think of one instance in the Scripture where parents had their child put to death. Why is this so? Other than the love Christ has for us, there is no greater love then [sic] that of a parent for their child. The last people who would want to see a child put to death would be the parents of the child. Even so, the Scrpture provides a safe guard to protect children from parents who would wrongly exercise the death penalty against them. Parents are required to bring their children to the gate of the city. The gate of the city was the place where the elders of the city met and made judicial pronouncements. In other words, the parents were required to take their children to a court of law and lay out their case before the proper judicial authority, and let the judicial authority determine if the child should be put to death. I know of many cases of rebellious children, however, I cannot think of one case where I believe that a parent had given up on their child to the point that they would have taken their child to a court of law and asked the court to rule that the child be put to death. Even though this procedure would rarely be used, if it were the law of land, it would give parents authority. Children would know that their parents had authority and it would be a tremendous incentive for children to give proper respect to their parents.

Evidently he's given much thought to this proposal. :doh:

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2012/10/08/republican-candidate-fuqua-endorses-death-penalty-for-rebellious-children

Yes....fear the fundamentalist Muslims.

Same thing with the Ron Paul / Conspiracy Nutjob crowd.

From what I've seen it is the freedom of thought and individualism that draws them....kinda like the island of misfits,flaws are tolerated more among the fringe

Archived