Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential debate thread

Corcaigh

I wish I believed Obama when he said he would close loopholes in corporate tax codes for outsourcing and big oil.

why hasn't he done it? Sounds like simple debate rhetoric

I wish I believed him about a whole lot of things... Romney, too.

I have Romney ahead on style. He "sounds" likes he's nailing O more than not. The problem is how much of what he is saying is misrepresentation, incorrect, or outright lies? I mean that objectively and am not absolving Obama of anything. Can be deliver what's he says via the ways he describing? Does the data, the history, and the math jibe? I don't see it. Trust was lost long ago. The past has shown he will say anything to get chosen and will outright lie to anyone. I don't know how much he's doing it here or not. Nor am I saying he's the only one. Makes the "winner" of the economic topics of the debate hard to invest in beyond the form and style aspects.

I wish I believed Obama when he said he would close loopholes in corporate tax codes for outsourcing and big oil.

why hasn't he done it? Sounds like simple debate rhetoric

Yup. And while my just-entered post focused on Romney, it's why I added the "not excusing Obama" stuff and why it's hard for me to find a "winner" on these topics.

On foreign policy it's easier to tell what's true for me or what would be most disastrous, but here these guys will say anything, whether it's what they're going to do or not, or not even knowing if what they say is based on accurate relevant data and the methodology they describe actually functions in the manner they state.

Archived