Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential debate thread

Corcaigh

That's the problem here, if you liked him before you probably still do, if you didn't then you still don't.

He came out strong but he's stumbled a few times since then and rambled on a few topics.

The remaining people Romney needs to convince to vote for him, he isn't doing it. In fact, he's doing the opposite. I think you will see more of a shift to Obama. There isn't enough "I HATE OBAMA" voters to push Mitt to 270 electoral votes.

They said Mitt was working on zingers. That "You don't choose winners and losers, you just choose losers." line was a decent one. And Obama had no comment on the $2.8B per year for Big Oil vs $90B for Green energy. It is a shame Obama didn't dwell on how ridiculous Mitt's "My tax cuts won't add to the deficit" nonsense is.

Nicely done on the voucher program, look directly at the camera and say "If you're 54...55, you might want to listen, this affects you..." and then go after it explaining how it will kill medicare and leave everyone with private companies in the future.

Mitt reacts by basically agreeing.

The remaining people Romney needs to convince to vote for him, he isn't doing it. In fact, he's doing the opposite. I think you will see more of a shift to Obama. There isn't enough "I HATE OBAMA" voters to push Mitt to 270 electoral votes.

I disagree with this. If there are true undecided voters using this debate to pick a candidate, mitt is looking better. You just don't want to believe it because you don't like him.

The interrupting really makes Romney look bad though. I'd say its close to a draw so far. Edge to Obama because of Romney's outbursts.

I think it makes him seem enthusiastic. He wants to make sure he is not misunderstood.

Guest Spearfeather

I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.

you talking about romney or obama? I think it's the latter. "uh...um...uh"

Yeh, but kiddo (and there's nothing wrong with this) you can't stand the guy and are well-entrenched and you're hardly going to like him no matter how he did it. Ih he being all smooth you'd have different criticism is all. Just like Romney seems like a smarmy grinning used car salesmen to those similarly entrenched on the other side. Human nature . :)

I think Romney is winning on style points if nothing else. He's much smoother so far.

I have Romney ahead on style. He "sounds" likes he's nailing O more than not.

I don't think Michelle would appreciate that.

And on their anniversary too.

For shame.

;)

Obama seems to be doing better now, somewhat.

LOL, Romney wants to get back to medicare.

Yikes. Kind of an awkward moment for Jim there. Not really steering the discussion all that well. "Hey, hey, hey. I want to be in charge here. Listen to me, or else I'll stammer some more. I mean it. I will turn this car around! Anyway, regulation: The root of all evil, or the sweet nectar of the gods? Let's do this in five minutes or less."

Yeh, but kiddo (and there's nothing wrong with this) you can't stand the guy and are well-entrenched and you're hardly going to like him no matter how he did it. Ih he being all smooth you'd have different criticism is all. Just like Romney seems like a smarmy grinning used car salesmen to those similarly entrenched on the other side. Human nature . :).

Oh, I know it is my perception. Just sharing my opinion, is all :)

Are there really that many undecided voters out there who really *care* about the issues?

I find it hard to believe that there are millions of people who can go either way at this point. The only way Romney is going to win this is pull Obama people over at this point.

I think it makes him seem enthusiastic. He wants to make sure he is not misunderstood.

That's a valid point. It certainly could be seen that way. My guess is that it will be seen more as him reaching or being reactive, but I'm not exactly the best prognosticator of these things.

Archived