Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential debate thread

Corcaigh

That's why I can't watch "debates" no matter who I am rooting for. It's all style and its all worthless.

I have saying why it's that way for me. I usually don't even post on them. But I'm using it and ES as an excuse to avoid interacting with certain company here (largish group) and giving an impromptu knife fighting demo. :pfft:

Romney's doing well with Dodd-Frank, because he's right. Obama wants to talk about it in simplistic "Regulation good/Regulation bad" terms. Problem is, it's quite possible that lack of regulation was a problem in 2008 and that Dodd-Frank is bad law that doesn't solve any of the major regulatory problems that led to the crisis. And that's the truth.

Yeah, they're both annoying me in that regard. Obama nods while looking down and writing so that it looks like he's agreeing and Romney looking over at him like he's constipated.

Yes. They both are annoying as hell. I don't like what I'm seeing from either, and what I'm hearing, it's still going to Romney if you can believe any of it. Romney is singing the old conservative ("let the perfection of the private market save you from the gov't", when the private sector is the bigger source of our woes than all the waste of the govt. To me, he's being the typical rich guy. That doesn't mean I like Obama's effort---he's seeming more the typical "let government do it all" wing of the same dodo bird.

Archived