Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Are we at a point where firing Haslett NOW should be seriously considered?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I understand everyone wanting to fire him, but lets be serious here. We have a crappy secondary because we've had to address other issues, and a banged up front 7. St Louis didn't really start moving last week until Rak and Carriker went out.

This knee jerk stuff is what has set this franchise back so much

I disagree... Our secondary is bad, but our schemes and preparation are worse. Haslett has yet to show any of us that he can scheme with the best of them (or the mediocre of them). We aren't getting pressure at all, and that isn't on the secondary.

the thing is though is this really knee-jerk at this point. Every single week the same thing is playing itself out. If I was an opposing offensive coordinator I would literally throw deep and over the middle constantly. This defense has shown they cannot stop ANYONE.

What is it like 8 or 9 games spanning different seasons where we have conceded more than 28 points in almost all consecutive games? Calling that Knee-jerk?

Firing has is all well and good but the worst unit on the team is still the under the hand of our supposed savior (which is soemthing i have been fine with, just sayin').

and yeah I know how the credit/blame for which and who and what gets sliced and diced by "whoevers" on all "sides" and 90% of it means about as much to me as what I see on the field---a bunch of bull****. when it comes to this pass D in particular, I'm from Missouri regarding the whole pile-o-nonsense. I'll believe we've made a change and made a smart one after a few weeks (minimum) of proof on the field. ;)

I disagree... Our secondary is bad' date=' but our schemes and preparation are worse. Haslett has yet to show any of us that he can scheme with the best of them (or the mediocre of them). We aren't getting pressure at all, and that isn't on the secondary.[/quote']

No pressure? 2 sacks this week, 2 last week, and there was pressure. Secondary is just plain bad.

Yeah, you just can't justify 30+ points a game & expect to win games. Our offense, for the first time in years is able to put points on the board & our defense seemingly is trying to keep pace in reverse. Defensive schemes are awful. WRs are running fre in the middle of the field without coverage too often & never bumped at the LOS. No resistence at all from our DBs.

It's time, right now, to get rid of him.

I understand everyone wanting to fire him, but lets be serious here. We have a crappy secondary because we've had to address other issues, and a banged up front 7. St Louis didn't really start moving last week until Rak and Carriker went out.

This knee jerk stuff is what has set this franchise back so much

If he is calling the defense with that crappy secondary like he did today, yes he needs to be fired. That is not knee jerk but a conclusion using the facts. IF it was the players fault for not adjusting to the plays that is a different story. Two long plays and the wrong alignment was used. The first play and the other where Wilson was left on his own covering a known quantity at WR.

Firing has is all well and good but the worst unit on the team is still the under the hand of our supposed savior (which is soemthing i have been fine with, just sayin').

and yeah I know how the credit/blame for which and who and what gets sliced and diced by "whoevers" on all "sides" and 90% of it means about as much to me as what I see on the field---a bunch of bull****. when it comes to this pass D in particular, I'm from Missouri regarding the whole pile-o-nonsense. I'll believe we've made a change and made a smart one after a few weeks (minimum) of proof on the field. ;)

So when's the announcement Jumbo, tonight? :)

No pressure? 2 sacks this week, 2 last week, and there was pressure. Secondary is just plain bad.

No doubt the secondary is horrible. There is pressure, but you can't expect to get to the QB every play. You can count on the secondary not making a play every damn play.

I agree that we can't let Tampa Bay light us up. If that happens, talent or not, you have to make a change. We were getting beat on stupid **** like double moves and constantly leaving AJ in single coverage without any elite talent in the secondary to matchup with him. Defense is getting outcoached...

We need talent, but we also need to get under 30 points a game. It doesn't matter the reason, that's not normal nor acceptable...

I am fine with firing Haslett. He is terrible.

However, I don't think Morris is the solution. He is currently coaching our secondary . . . you know, the worst secondary in the NFL. I don't have confidence that he is a legit defensive coordinator for us either.

But, I am willing to be proven wrong and give Morris the season to prove himself. Haslett has clearly not proven himself.

If Morris flops, I think we clean house and find an entire new defensive staff.

The redskins haven't kept an opponent to under 30 points yet this season. Of course it should be seriously considered. Not the only option but it should be on the table.

We haven't kept an opponent under 30 for 5 straight games. Redskins team record.

Archived