Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Are we at a point where firing Haslett NOW should be seriously considered?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Actually it was a joke GM for a decade. This isn't knee jerk, Haslett has led piss poor defenses his entire tenure here. It's not a 3-game stretch.
Hasletts hasnt ever had a good defense. Everywhere hes been his defenses get worst..He did the same mess here in pittsburgh. They got worst every year... This guy couldnt even coach the steeler D?? They are always loaded..

---------- Post added September-23rd-2012 at 05:10 PM ----------

Anyone that said NO... is NOT, I repeat, NOT a Redskins Fan....

Are you kidding me? First of all our guys are being beat plain and simple. If you cannot cover you cannot cover. Our secondary blows. We knew going into the season it was the "weak link" of our D. On top of that we are not playing who we would be playing. Pot smoker out. Merriweather hopefully next week. But right now our secondary is being beat in coverage. Can't coach that up. BUT we tackle like garbage. Up around the shoulders. Our guys are too good to play REAL football where you tackle around the ankles. Now that is a coaching issue.

Hasletts hasnt ever had a good defense. Everywhere hes been his defenses get worst..He did the same mess here in pittsburgh. They got worst every year... This guy couldnt even coach the steeler D?? They are always loaded..

---------- Post added September-23rd-2012 at 05:10 PM ----------

lol, you serious!? I said no, look at my reason above. The thing you're not realizing is that it'll be incredibly difficult for anyone to come in and do anything without some time to work on it. The bye week is the only period during a season where you might have a chance. Other than that, it's foolish to fire coaches within the season AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

Wow. That's incredible. To me, that is exhibit A-Z. Garbage.

and the craziest thing was the defense was a strong point of this team for YEARS. Now we have an offense that can score, and the secondary is atrocious. I mean you should not have to expect to sack the QB every single down to get off the field.

Hey look it's Lord Redskin.

---------- Post added September-23rd-2012 at 05:17 PM ----------

lol, you serious!? I said no, look at my reason above. The thing you're not realizing is that it'll be incredibly difficult for anyone to come in and do anything without some time to work on it. The bye week is the only period during a season where you might have a chance. Other than that, it's foolish to fire coaches within the season AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

Pretty much, but we have an experienced guy who could come in and light a fire under some. I don't think it could get worse so what's the downside?

However, I don't think Morris is the solution. He is currently coaching our secondary . . . you know, the worst secondary in the NFL. I don't have confidence that he is a legit defensive coordinator for us either.

The secondary is clearly the weak link, but there are ways to mitigate those issues through how you scheme and game plan. What you do not do is throw cover zero after cover zero leaving one of the best WRs in the league in single cover with a CB who is far more ball hawk than shut down.

These coverage decisions are dictated by the DC, not the secondary coach. Haz seemingly does not even know his defenses own strengths and weakness, as he constantly put our weakest links in positions to fail.

Pretty much, but we have an experienced guy who could come in and light a fire under some. I don't think it could get worse so what's the downside?

I don't know, man. I think Morris is still really learning this 3-4. Lighting a fire only goes so far before teams start exploiting you. But, you know, if Mike feels like Morris can handle it I'd totally be down with it. I just think it's counter-productive at this point. If Haslett can't call better games and put our guys in a better position moving forward then I think it's best to make the change at the bye week to give Morris extra time to really put together his style of a 3-4.

But, hey, I'm with you man. It's frustrating to say the least.

How much worse could it possibly get if we fired him? This just isn't working. Sometimes you have to admit you hired the wrong guy.

This is pretty much how I feel. He has shown us what he can do, and it doesnt win ball games for the team. Time to move on. He isn't the future of the team, perhaps Morris is, or perhaps someone else is, but we know Haslett ISN'T.

Archived