Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Are we at a point where firing Haslett NOW should be seriously considered?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought Morris would bring some fire to our secondary. Have I missed something? Is Morris not still on the team? Why does our defense have no heart?

---------- Post added November-4th-2012 at 09:52 PM ----------

As much as I'd absolutely LOVE to see Haslett shown the door, if he isn't canned tomorrow [monday] then I am afraid he's here for the remainder of the season.

The bye week would be a good time, 2 weeks for whoever is the new DC to gather the players and let every single one of them air out any problems they have with the current system/coaching.

In the back of my mind I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, the Skins would pull themselves together and get on track and possibly make some noise at even a faint attempt at the playoffs, crazy as it sounds, i'm sure many of you were hoping the same, but god, they are simply not getting anything done defensively, and this is a reflection of Haslett and his inabilities, JUST AS HIS TRACK RECORD PROVES!!!!!!!

Right now I am praying Danny pokes his nose in and pulls a Jerry Jones and tells Mike to fire him, especially after his 'lost in space' expression he had when the cameras panned to him...

Perfect post. I couldn't agree with you more. I have been so happy to see Danny back down and be less involved, but right now I really wish he would step in and kick some people to the curb!

If a Lieutenant leads his unit into a bad decision and they get slaughtered, then as the leader he should get the blame. But, who ultimatley gave the Lieutanant the authorization? That's right, the General through the chain of command. It's easy to blame the Lieutenant, but it really starts at the top with the General.

:ols: That is excellent.

This is my thing. If the defense were playing with some fire, some passion, and just getting beat by better people, I can live with that.

But I am seeing nothing. No heart, no passion.... NOTHING!!!

That is on the coach. Now is the perfect time to get Haslett out of here.

If a Lieutenant leads his unit into a bad decision and they get slaughtered, then as the leader he should get the blame. But, who ultimatley gave the Lieutanant the authorization? That's right, the General through the chain of command. It's easy to blame the Lieutenant, but it really starts at the top with the General.

Yeah, I am blaming Shanny too. Not only for Haslett, but for Kyle. Both coordinators are doing some bad things and it is up to the coach to get things fixed.

Not sure if firing this week will be positive or not but I think you start looking at future Head Coaches and of course an entire new staff including new OC, DC, and Special Teams Coach for Next Season. Don't care anymore who they get to be the next coach hell Zorn was better then Shannahan because expectations were higher for Shannahan.

Cowher would be a hard get. Any other former successful Coaches sitting around not coaching at the moment?

I see so many posts about passion and heart. The truth is, when you get your butt kicked (on defense) every week, and you know that there is no way to make it any better, you're gonna start to mail it in. We're not talking about a young defensive group, we are talking mostly about guys that have been in the league for a while.

They are sick of getting beat, the good players are tired of their crappy teammates and guys blowing assignments, they hate the scheme, they play way too many snaps, and their spirit has been smashed. They're terrible, they know it, and they know it's not gonna get any better. It has worn thin on on our guys. No amount of "cheerleading" from the coaches is gonna change that.

Firing him now will result in nothing. Our best case scenario would be to wait till January and wait for Rex Ryan to get fired from the Jets. Then we make the move and go get Ryan.

At least, that's what I hope happens.

keeping him also results in.... wait for it......

nothing.

This team is at the point where the players are dispirited and playing scared, knowing they are not in a position to succeed.

The defense is at rock bottom, not making a move now will not make them any worse, maybe it gives them hope and they start flying around making plays..

at this point nothing is lost by trying.. the only thing to lose is to NOT try.

keeping him also results in.... wait for it......

nothing.

This team is at the point where the players are dispirited and playing scared, knowing they are not in a position to succeed.

The defense is at rock bottom, not making a move now will not make them any worse, maybe it gives them hope and they start flying around making plays..

at this point nothing is lost by trying.. the only thing to lose is to NOT try.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There are no good options right now.

keep dreaming girls, has-been is going nowhere anytime soon.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8596167/mike-shanahan-washington-redskins-not-giving-2012

Shanahan also said he was not planning on making any coaching staff chances during the bye week as Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid did three weeks ago when he fired his defensive coordinator.

Archived