Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Are we at a point where firing Haslett NOW should be seriously considered?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Can anybody tell me of Haslett has ever looked fired up on the sideline? I feel like every camera shot is of him looking super calm and without any emotion. Maybe I'm only seeing what I want to see. Just doesn't seem like he can show fire in his eyes or inspire the team by making them believe in him.

I don't think any defensive coordinator could make this secondary look good.

I said in pre-season that our secondary was going to be abysmal and even if they get 100% healthy I still can't imagine the defensive backfield being very good.

That in addition to the Orakpo/Carriker injuries...its going to be ugly.

Not sure firing him would help, but I'm not happy we extended him.

I hope you mean that Haslett will be the change.

I think Shanahan is too intertwined with the FO and getting rid of him would be too disruptive.

Yeah, Haslett will be the change. I believe Shannahan learned from his defensive mistake in Denver, and has been predicted by many, Haslett will not be kept on any longer than needed.

Our players are not perfect, but they would look way way better with a coach who knew how to call a game.

What would we be disrupting, exactly?

I guess we would be disrupting the rebuilding process. Don't forget how bare the cupboard was left by the time Vinny was shown the door.

One of the things that has dogged this franchise since Snyder took over was impatience and an unwillingness to stick with someone/a system long-term.

---------- Post added September-23rd-2012 at 10:13 PM ----------

Yeah, Haslett will be the change. I believe Shannahan learned from his defensive mistake in Denver, and has been predicted by many, Haslett will not be kept on any longer than needed.

You say that, but wasn't he just extended in the offseason?

Doesn't seem like the kind of move you make for an assistant coach that's in the process of being evaluated as a potential long-term answer.

No better time than the present.

Look, just look at Haslett's overall job performance AT HIS LAST 3 TEAMS!

He had nothing to do with Pittsburgh's defense; it was already in place, then he came and screwed it up; he was worthless with the Saints, and same with the Rams.

If he were half as good as he thinks he is, I would imagine 1 of these 3 teams would have kept him around for more than 2 years, but this isn't the case. He is not a defensive coordinator, and never will be.

A defensive coordinator evaluates the players he has, teaches them techniques, strategies, and puts them in the best possible situation to succeed, and makes halftime adjustments to neutralize plays that didn't work during the 1st half while knowing the opponents will make their own, and planning for those. Haslett doesn't do this, at least until they've run a certain play down our throats so much he almost has to.

Secondly, the players have to believe and trust in their DC; I do not think they have any faith in Haslett, and are mostly playing off instinct. I hate to say it, but in the next few weeks, I believe rumblings and 'incidents' will begin happening in the locker room and on the practice field, and it will divide the team.

Haslett has had plenty of time to evaluate the players and go after ones needed; plenty of time. The results are not getting better. He is not DC material. If you don't want to believe me, go to the Saints, Rams, and Steelers boards and ask them their opinions of him; they will tell you to watch your defense the last few weeks, and understand that it will not get better, because he doesn't have what it takes, not creative, and WHEN he makes adjustments,. its too late.

Fire him, give Morris the interim job, and if he doesn't turn things around a little, then off he goes as well...

SIC

You say that, but wasn't he just extended in the offseason?

Doesn't seem like the kind of move you make for an assistant coach that's in the process of being evaluated as a potential long-term answer.

Haslett is no way considered a long term answer on defense. Anybody watching this defense 'has' to know that.

IIRC, I believe it was a one year extension, and for some reason we first heard about it after last weeks debacle with Raheem supposedly calling plays. Sounds fishy to me. Also, they may not want him to feel like a lame duck. Snyder has no problem parting with a few dollars.

Just because he received a small extension, does not mean he cannot be gotten rid of. As has been pointed out before, McNabb received and extension as well. As mentioned around here before, Haslett does not pick his staff, which I think is a huge indicator of how they feel about him.

I believe Shannahan thought he could handle the job, but it is obvious that Shannahan was wrong.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/redskins-are-in-deep-trouble-after-loss-to-bengals/article/2508821#.UF_HqrJmSKJ

"A 31-point game would have been good enough to win a combined 23 games the past two years."

Really tells you all you need to know doesn't it. This defense is not getting it done. The common excuse before this season was we had no offense. Well now we have an offense, and the defense is letting down the team.

The problem is that the Redskins have the same exact problems as day one when Haslett started coaching the D. It's time for a change on coaching AND on the field.

Ehh...not really. We used to have a secondary while being weak on the line, LB front. Now we have a better d-line, pretty good LBers and a hot pile of garbage at every position in the secondary. Our d-line isn't as good as I hoped it would be, Jenkins..is that kid even playing?? He has been a total no-show =\

I'm not defending This scrub DC, but the problems aren't the same as when he arrived...IMO they're kinda worse.

I don't see Shanahan doing this. I, like many others are feeling really shaky about MS, Haslett & Smith. YES, I said Shanahan. Remember this is now HIS team. Someone made a comment about him working with what he has. This team IS his. Roughly 48 of 53 are new. (...give or take a player or 3.) Folks here seem to hate D Hall. We ALL know he isn't a 'cover corner', yet he keeps being placed in that position. (Coaching) We cut Otagwe.(could have resigned him) Where is Hands-of-Stone Rogers? We let him go. Couldn't catch.. but, he COULD cover. We picked up a Safety with 'character' issues. (I won't even start on the offensive moves.)

I am not comfortable with our coaching staff. I would LOVE to have to eat my words... But, I don't see it. The D went in reverse... They were the strong unit last year. (They were REALLY strong before switching to 3-4. Sigh.)

Hey, we FINALLY HAVE A QB

The only possible option would be Raheem Morris at D Coord. (I don't see that happening.) At this point, we're stuck with who we have. Coaches AND players. I'll be at the stadium cheering my team on either way... HTTR!

Realistically, we'll finish 6-10 or 8-8 this year, people will cry when St. Louis picks in the upper half of the first round, and Shanahan and company will continue building this team. We'll see improvement next year, but people will cry some more about something.

Just to talk about defense, do yall think that maybe, just maybe, with all the rule changes, we're seeing more explosive offenses as a result of all the rule changes over the years? Announcers for the Pats/Ravens game just made the comment that receivers are more comfortable going over the middle because of all the fines on safeties.

Our D WAS ranked #13 in yards last year. They ranked #21 in scoring in spite of Rex Grossman's constant turnovers, giving the opposing team starting field position in the red zone.

All yall freaking out are in for a LONG year after the injuries to Orakpo and Carriker.

I mean, Hall was pretty much blanketing Green with solid coverage, aside from a few plays. The problem is, Hall is barely 5'10 (if even) and Green is 6'4, long and lean. Hall got physically compromised. We have no corners that can match up to a big physical reciever. Who do you put the blame on not having the talented personnel to match up with other teams' No. 1 WR?

Archived