Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Are we at a point where firing Haslett NOW should be seriously considered?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Realistically, we'll finish 6-10 or 8-8 this year, people will cry when St. Louis picks in the upper half of the first round, and Shanahan and company will continue building this team. We'll see improvement next year, but people will cry some more about something.

After looking at the schedule again and how the defense is playing, I'm not even sure if 4-5 games is possible...not with how some of these teams have improved(IE - Vikings, etc.) It's very possible we go 1-7 at home too.

I've seen enough personally. I don't care what kind of beating the team or organization would take in the media for a move like that. We don't have the personnel in the secondary, and we don't have the coaches. Replace Haslett with Morris, and we take our lumps this season.

If we can't stop anybody's offense the season is lost anyway. We will lose every single game while the offense puts up 30 points.

Haslett MUST GO NOW! My Great-Grandparents, who passed-form (died) 60+years prior to my birth (54+years ago); and who lived all of their lives inwhat is now The Democratic Republic of Congo; and who'd never even heard of 'American-Football' - COULD HAVE/WOULD HAVE made the requisite 'IN-GAME ADJUSTMENTS', which Haslett (seemingly) NEVER makes!?!

And, Coach MIKE should 'relieve' Coach Kyle of 'Offensive Play-Calling Duties', as well. *Example(s): (1.) ABANDONING the HIGHLY-EFFECTIVE Rushing Attack - WITHOUT CAUSE!?! And, (2.) FAILING to Give LT Black MUCH-NEEDED HELP during 'Slower-Developing' Pass Plays!?! Duh!?! And, Double-Duh!?!

On Offense: Play-Calls are 'Sporadically UN-Agressive'!?! On Defense: Schemes are 'Cookie-Cutter/Generic'!?!

If Defenders Despise Haslett, '86' his lame-ass. Ray Charles & Helen Keller (both Deceased, mind you) could 'SEE' that his 'Schemes' are 'WHACK'! "Hit the 'Bamma' with the Hammer" - ASAP!

I'm beyond 100% convinced that this is NOT because our secondary players are 'nobodies'. It's the easy answer because it's what everyone said before the season "it's our weak point".

No. It's scheme. These guys are NOT being put in the best positions to win, and as much as Shannahan says "best chance to win", I would think he's sick and tired of it.

As for firing him right now? I have to say not sure. It would make us all feel better, but would it make the team better? I think so, but I'm not sure, dunno the inner workings of coaching staffs like that.

Ehh...not really. We used to have a secondary while being weak on the line, LB front. Now we have a better d-line, pretty good LBers and a hot pile of garbage at every position in the secondary. Our d-line isn't as good as I hoped it would be, Jenkins..is that kid even playing?? He has been a total no-show =\

I'm not defending This scrub DC, but the problems aren't the same as when he arrived...IMO they're kinda worse.

I guess I should pick on individual players before Haslett. I still think he is partially to blame.

Haslett MUST GO NOW! My Great-Grandparents, who passed-form (died) 60+years prior to my birth (54+years ago); and who lived all of their lives inwhat is now The Democratic Republic of Congo; and who'd never even heard of 'American-Football' - COULD HAVE/WOULD HAVE made the requisite 'IN-GAME ADJUSTMENTS', which Haslett (seemingly) NEVER makes!?!

And, Coach MIKE should 'relieve' Coach Kyle of 'Offensive Play-Calling Duties', as well. *Example(s): (1.) ABANDONING the HIGHLY-EFFECTIVE Rushing Attack - WITHOUT CAUSE!?! And, (2.) FAILING to Give LT Black MUCH-NEEDED HELP during 'Slower-Developing' Pass Plays!?! Duh!?! And, Double-Duh!?!

On Offense: Play-Calls are 'Sporadically UN-Agressive'!?! On Defense: Schemes are 'Cookie-Cutter/Generic'!?!

If Defenders Despise Haslett, '86' his lame-ass. Ray Charles & Helen Keller (both Deceased, mind you) could 'SEE' that his 'Schemes' are 'WHACK'! "Hit the 'Bamma' with the Hammer" - ASAP!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This has to be one of the funniest posts I 've read all day.

I wouldn't mind it so much that teams would accumulate yards against us but we'd only give up FGs, but we are breaking nearly every time. We blitz and get caught at the most inopportune times and then rush 3/4 in situations that just make you scratch your head. The is a clear lack of discipline with the defense. On the bright side, our run D is actually pretty solid, but why a team would run it against us when they can just sit back and toss bombs against us is beyond me.

I wouldn't mind it so much that teams would accumulate yards against us but we'd only give up FGs, but we are breaking nearly every time. We blitz and get caught at the most inopportune times and then rush 3/4 in situations that just make you scratch your head. The is a clear lack of discipline with the defense. On the bright side, our run D is actually pretty solid, but why a team would run it against us when they can just sit back and toss bombs against us is beyond me.

Yeah, when a WR can throw a perfect pass downfield, you know you're in for a long day.

Yeah, when a WR can throw a perfect pass downfield, you know you're in for a long day.

it didn't even have to be perfect, Green had quite a bit of separation. I'm beginning to question the methods in how we are drafting for our roster now... for example LeRibeus isn't providing any value as a 3rd round pick so far...the depth is nice but I'm wondering if our drafting went from atrocious to mediocre...while still an upgrade...might take a season or two longer than I hoped for unless we find some diamonds in the rough.

We've been out coached on both defense and offense the last two weeks. I'm not sure how it's only Haslett who should be on the hot seat. The D has forced turnovers this year and scored in back to back games. The loss yesterday was every bit on the offense as well. The D and special teams (Banks' long return) accounted for 10 points. Not saying the D is good or anything. Far from it. But the scapegoat for losing to an inferior Rams team and losing again at home to a mid level team should not only be the defensive coordinator. We are in year 3 of the Shanahan "rebuild". Lack of progress, or worse regression, is on him.

Shanahan doesn't exactly have the best track record at evaluating personnel so any "vote of confidence" being shown by the 2 contract extensions has to be taken w a grain of salt.

Shanahan is adept at accumulating offensive talent. Fielding a good defense has always been a question mark with him at the helm. I don't believe he has done poorly at building our front 7, and finding quality secondary players is not exactly that easy, especially with so many holes that need filling.

I don't know if firing Haslett is the answer, but I do know our defense is a disgrace.

We are giving up 429 yards a game, which ranks 30th in the NFL. We are giving up 33 points a game, which ranks 29th in the NFL. We have given up 247 yards in defensive penalties, which is the worst in the NFL.

Obviously, we have a major problem here. Maybe it is a personnel issue, maybe it is a coaching issue, probably it is both.

I do not know whether firing Haslett would solve anything, but we certainly need to do something about this. Its embarrassing. I think my local high school team could put up 30 points on this unit.

I don't know much, but I do know, you can't give up 38 points in a game and still expect to win. While the offense seems to be much improved putting up 30-40 points a game, and giving the defense "breathers", the defense still seems to give up 30-40 points per game for 3 games now. The Skins must have the worst defense in the NFL.

We've been out coached on both defense and offense the last two weeks. I'm not sure how it's only Haslett who should be on the hot seat. The D has forced turnovers this year and scored in back to back games. The loss yesterday was every bit on the offense as well.

i actually agree with this.a few points-

we cant muster more than 7 points vs a poor D at st louis in the second half.

we have 60ish total yards of offense in our home opener in the first half yesterday?

we finish with our best running day in 5 years, but kyle again seems to out-scheme himself and goes back to the pass when we are carving up their run D.

the D has been a seive, but has still accounted for an extra TD each of the last 2 weeks.

we continue to make D's that have been carved up by other teams look very good at times.

none of this means our D isnt by far our weakest link, and if haslett got fired, its not an injustice. as great as it is that we are scoring points, our offense continues to do head scratching things.

Be quiet all of you, take away 2 of the best players on any defense and let me see any D-Coordinator do a better job than before...

if we had lost a couple of pro bowl caliber secondary players, i would agree with this, but our front 7 continues to do a respectable job. we knew our secondary would be a weak link going into the season (still dont know why deangelo hall is on this team, especially at his salary), but part of a coordinators job is to scheme to the D's strengths. i dont see the value in a D coordinator who needs studs at every position to make his D work.

still, End, this D giving up boatloads of points is a trend going back to last year. our D continues to make other teams average players look like superstars (yes, aj green and dalton are both good, but its every week we get killed by somebody, and all i hear is "well, those guys are pretty good, they play in the NFL too". strangely, that logic never applies to our D.....)

We are in year 3 of the Shanahan "rebuild". Lack of progress, or worse regression, is on him.

So you're saying having the best offense we've had in years, decades even, is not progress? Nonsense.

Our defense however (as far as giving up points) is in it's worse stretch in Redskins HISTORY. We have NEVER been this bad. This is not just this year we're talking about. This Haslett/3-4 experiment has to end NOW. Enough.

I think at a minimum we need a scheme change. I heard Kevin Shehan talking about it this morning.

If we can't stop teams the way we are going, we need to go to a more Cover 2 type defense. Bend but don't break. Let them get yards and then buckle down in the red zone. It may be the only way we can salvage some wins this year, because this is a legit NFL offense and it's going to waste.

Be quiet all of you, take away 2 of the best players on any defense and let me see any D-Coordinator do a better job than before.. He will get called out and expected to improve and the Defense will adjust. But yes its fans, its their job to panic at a moments notice..

Calling bull**** on this. Orakpo is a solid but not great player and he was hardly missed yesterday as the combo of Jackson and Wilson easily made as many plays as Rak typically does. Carriker is a run stopper and stopping the run was not the issue yesterday.

I agree with many on here, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain by sending him packing. One mentioned it's because we lost RAK and AK, no sir it's not, this problem is continuing from last season and has even gotten worse. For the 1st time in many years we have an offense that can throw 28 points on the board, even with star players hurt, "even with out our best WR, OL, and a crew of RB's". Light the torches brothas, we will run him out of town ourselves.

When putting up 30 points on offense isn't enough, it's time to go.

Highest scoring team in the league, in fact.

---------- Post added September-24th-2012 at 08:51 AM ----------

Really.....Gromes and Hall dont switch on that trick play?????????????

I certainly hope they don't practice the starting corner covering the QB.

Archived