Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA TODAY: Alfred Morris drives a $1,300 car to Redskins Park

21MadFan

Understood, but personally I'd buy a car that (and I'm saying this not knowing the crash rating) has a high crash protection rating... Imagine getting rear ended and breaking your arm or something... All because you didn't want to buy a safe car.

Not saying he needs to buy a tank, but it'd be horrible for him to get an injury because he didn't upgrade his car...

Understood, but personally I'd buy a car that (and I'm saying this not knowing the crash rating) has a high crash protection rating... Imagine getting rear ended and breaking your arm or something... All because you didn't want to buy a safe car.

Not saying he needs to buy a tank, but it'd be horrible for him to get an injury because he didn't upgrade his car...

Dude, I was rocking my Galant today when I got into a wreck on the way to the vet b/c my damn kitten (AKA know as Chuck) was sitting on top of my head with his ass and tail covering my face. If the Galant can take it........so can the 626.

He should probably just get a new car...atleast get like 2003 honda civic or something, doesn't have to be a BMW. Doesn't make sense for a pro athlete or anyone making 100k+ a year to be driving around in a car from 1991.

Seriously. He has a 4 year, $2.223 million contract with a $124,000 signing bonus. A 2003 Civic costs like, $6,000. It's 0.2% of his worth.

That's like, equivalent to a trip to the movies for me. :silly:

First thing that popped in my head was John Riggins doing the moonwalk on a Ford commercial. Priceless.

But look at his money and how many people have their hands out wanting a chunk of it before he gets his; agents, taxes, etc, which is why they have those classes for rookies warning them of wasteful spending and pop-up friends, and how quickly their bank accounts can be depleted.

Still, kid has a good head on his shoulders, and makes you wanna pull for the guy even more...

From the guy named after a Saturn :ols:

Seriously, I like Saturns a lot, we've discussed it.

Seriously. He has a 4 year, $2.223 million contract with a $124,000 signing bonus. A 2003 Civic costs like, $6,000. It's 0.2% of his worth.

He is actually very smart by keeping this car. And just about any financial planner will tell you the same. Provided he lasts longer than the leave average of 2.3 years and plays out his contract he will take home about 1.1 million after agent fees and taxes take their bite. That isn't much to live the next 40-60 years of your life on. There was just an article on stephen davis getting arrested for failure to pay taxes and writing bad checks and at one time had a 100 million dollar contract.

He should probably just get a new car...atleast get like 2003 honda civic or something, doesn't have to be a BMW. Doesn't make sense for a pro athlete or anyone making 100k+ a year to be driving around in a car from 1991.

That's all I was saying. Like the choices are only keep the current car or drop $50K on some tricked out, flashy whip.

very smart move for a shannahan running back to not get too comfortable. i like alfred morris, but history says the odds are it's only a matter of time until he goes the way of ryan torain , marcus mason, and keiland williams (and countless other flavors of the week in denver). i like the kid and wish him the best, of course.

---------- Post added September-21st-2012 at 09:27 AM ----------

That's all I was saying. Like the choices are only keep the current car or drop $50K on some tricked out, flashy whip.

what kind of tricked out flashy whip can you get for $50k? my wife's minivan cost almost that much (granted it's a very nice vehicle, but not NFL calibur).

Archived