Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA TODAY: Alfred Morris drives a $1,300 car to Redskins Park

21MadFan

I'm liking this kid more and more. Sometimes the unheralded ones are more hungry and more motivated. Plus, he's one guy we WON'T be reading about being broke 2 years out of the NFL.

There was another Redskin from way back in the day with a similar story...kept his old car and drove it to Redskins Park as a way to stay grounded. It was a Datsun or a VW, something like that. Can anybody remember who it was?

Dave Butz? I think he used to pick up Joe Theismann and Russ Grimm and then try to run over animals on his way to the stadium.

Thats why he produces. His mind is on football. Good man. He will be getting a big contract veddy veddy soon.

Hopefully not too soon. Our 3 runningbacks probably are paid about 1.5M combined. Keeping that number relatively low is what's going to help us build elsewhere for a few years.

gotta be honest, sounds like attention whoring.

The car or the article?

Where I'm from, nobody would notice a **** car like that. I guess at Redskins Park it would stand out. But still, I think it's probably just Morris being sentimental but being blown up by the fans and media into a thing about his character. In any case, he's no attention whore.

Meanwhile, Vince Young is totally broke. Glad to see a rookie with his head screwed on straight. Sure, have some fun with your money, but realize that cars are one of the dumbest "investments" imaginable and know that there will be plenty of time after the NFL career to spend the money you've (hopefully) saved and invested.

I remember Joe Gibbs starting a series of Financial Management seminars for players during his second stint as our head coach. I forget the exact statistics, but some terrifying percentage of former players are bankrupt within a few years after they retire, and he wanted to do something about it.

Was having a discussion with someone during the preseason when we first saw him running people over like it was normal. I still feel like Shanny is always going to be able to find running backs to fit his offense. The only thing harder then being the starter is staying the starter. Is this guy another Terrell Davis or Ryan Torain?

Anyway, the way he's playing is probably why we didn't go after a big back even after letting Hightower go. He runs hard enough to be used on short yardage.

PS: Keep the car if you want, but I don't want to hear about being late to practice if the damn thing breaks down on you. That car is over 20 years old, I imagine you're replacing parts by now...

Archived