Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where Was Hankerson?

RawRebel

Kevin Sheehan was interviewed on ESPN 950 in Richmond either the day before or the day of final cuts and said he wouldn't be surprised if Hankerson ended up on the chopping block. His attitude (no urgency/lazy) in practice was trying the patience of coaches and the Skins were suddenly fairly deep at receiver. There's only so far physical ability can get you in the NFL... we'll see if he grows up a bit throughout the season.

I asked about him in the second qtr. When Robinson caught that TD I didn't think much of it. Then Morgan took a nice little head shot and I don't think he came back in the game either. The way Griff was looking I don't think who's on the field will be an issue. I'm sold on whoever Shanny puts on the field from our WR corp. I think WRs will be clamoring to play w/ RGIII.

I'm not gonna lie, I completely forgot about him today.
I felt bad, during the game I didn't even think about him until I hit this board.
Completely forgot about him until I saw this thread.
Didn't even think about him until I saw this thread.

Ashamed to say I did too... Which makes him being in my signature as one of the 5 younger players I was looking forward to seeing this year even worst ><

Where was Josh Morgan? I didn't hear his name being called out either.

The experimentation of Brandon Banks as a WR should stop. He also made a bone head play ... on a punt runing East West instead of North South. When he got tackled at our 16 yard line fumbled. Fortunately, it was recovered by a fellow Skin.

Morgan had I think 1 or two targets... but yeah, it seemed like we were more concerned with balance between pass and run then balance among all the receiver.s

Some of you are saying that it doesn't matter, and others are saying relax. The guy was our third round pick last season and showed flashes of brilliance until he got injured. To ask where he was yesterday doesn't necessarily mean that people are panicking. We are just curious.

I am also curious as to why no one asked coach Shanahan this very question during the post game press conference.

Some of you are saying that it doesn't matter, and others are saying relax. The guy was our third round pick last season and showed flashes of brilliance until he got injured. To ask where he was yesterday doesn't necessarily mean that people are panicking. We are just curious.

I am also curious as to why no one asked coach Shanahan this very question during the post game press conference.

Wasn't important.

Hank plays the Z receiver, Morgan is the starter at the Z position. Shanny's offense typically likes throwing to the X receiver, which is where Pierre Garçon and Aldrick Robinson and the guys who can beat bump on a regular basis line up.

Not concerned about it. Others shouldn't be either. We got the W which is all that matters. He was out there run blocking and stuff, so it's not like he was benched or something. Just didn't have plays designed for him. This week.

Archived