Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where Was Hankerson?

RawRebel

Whilst it's true he wasn't targeted at all yesterday, I wouldn't read too much into it.

We had 26 pass attempts to 8 different guys. He'll be involved as we go in the passing game. Just we had nothing dialed up for him Week One and exploited the Saints in other ways. He still played a part out there blocking. Team game, and we won as a team.

I wouldn't be too concerned in a lack of stats.

Hail.

I think the thing we learned from yesterday is that RG3 will get everybody involved. Everybody of course just means a lot of people. I think that means that unless there's a spectacular play like Garcon made, we're going to see a lot of weeks with split stats like a bunch of WRs with 60-70 yard games, but no true guy having THE numbers. If there is anybody with that, maybe it'll be Garcon because RG3 seemed to be favoring him a bit before he left the game. But I wouldn't put too much on Hankerson. I mean, if Logan got a reception, Hankerson can too.

So far Hankerson hasn't shown himself to be particularly good at anything except catching 12 yards passes and getting tackled. Reminds me a lot of Malcolm Kelly.

These days first and second-year wideouts are putting together game-breaking performances and 1000 yard seasons. If Hankerson doesn't make an impact within the next 2 or 3 weeks I would have zero problem with him getting the boot.

So far Hankerson hasn't shown himself to be particularly good at anything except catching 12 yards passes and getting tackled. Reminds me a lot of Malcolm Kelly.

These days first and second-year wideouts are putting together game-breaking performances and 1000 yard seasons. If Hankerson doesn't make an impact within the next 2 or 3 weeks I would have zero problem with him getting the boot.

That's a great way to develop a football team. Have you interviewed for a general manager position? You could easily be the next Vinny with that kind of mindset.

Really??? Give him the boot....um, doubtful. One game, RG sperad the ball around. He will get his soon enough.

That's a great way to develop a football team. Have you interviewed for a general manager position? You could easily be the next Vinny with that kind of mindset.

Funny, people said the same thing to me when I compared Malcolm Kelly to Taylor Jacobs a few years ago.

Really? Hankerson has had I think two starts and put up over 100 yards in just over a half of one of them. Now he is working his way back from the injury and will gradually get more playing time as he works his way back. He will have to earn his playing time though.

Funny, people said the same thing to me when I compared Malcolm Kelly to Taylor Jacobs a few years ago.

Wow, you were right about a bad Vinny Cerrato draft pick that the entire league said was more or less undraftable because of his knees.

Bravo, sir. Clearly you have an eye for talent unmatched by anyone.

Really? Hankerson has had I think two starts and put up over 100 yards in just over a half of one of them. Now he is working his way back from the injury and will gradually get more playing time as he works his way back. He will have to earn his playing time though.

Yeah, after half the season on the bench and an injury to Santana Moss, he got to start and had a nice game against a horrible Dolphins team. Devin Thomas had a 100 yard, 2TD game against that year's Super Bowl champs, and a few months later he was a special teamer for the Giants. Anthony Armstrong had a very good season in 2010 and I don't know if he's even playing anymore. I wasn't overly impressed with Hankerson's coming out game. He was a nice possession receiver but that's about all. It was certainly nothing that would have me believe he's a star in the making.

Look around the league at what other rookies have done recently...AJ Green, Julio Jones, Mike Williams, Torrey Smith, Jordan Shipley, Doug Baldwin, Percy Harvin, Denarius Moore, Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Wallace, Greg Little, Dez Bryant,etc etc. Those guys were starting right away, or at least worked their way up the depth chart quickly. Then they put together complete seasons of good football. That's the type of thing we need to expect from young receivers these days.

I don't have anything against Leonard Hankerson personally, but I have something against players who get to skate by on potential, without having to back it up with production. It's only one week into his second season, but he needs to start contributing sooner rather than later like so many other young receivers are. If he's not catching passes within a few weeks I hope he gets let go.

He'll get his chances...it's one game guys jeez. There will probably be different offensive heroes every week

I agree. Perhaps he was late for a meeting and was disciplined. Or, maybe the other WR's are just playing better than him right now in practice and that's why he didn't get the start or playing time. If that's the case then we have some serious talent at the WR position and we shouldn't be concerned. Maybe seeing other players out there WINNING and making plays will motivate him and that was the reason.

Either way, I suspect he will have his chances.

Robinson is #2 behind Garcon, I think that's why we saw so much of him after Garcon was hurt. Hankerson is #2 behind Morgan, both play the X. Maybe rapport or the fact that RGIII is a right handed thrower, the Y and Z receivers saw more action. I think it has more to do with QB / receiver rapport as Davis didn't see too many balls his way. If it was because Griffin was naturally facing the right side of the field, and Davis typically lining up wide / flanker / traditionally, he'd see some action, too. Garcon is an obvious favorite target, Moss seems that way, too; however, he didn't get as many balls thrown his way. It makes sense that Robinson would get noticed more in Garcon's absence.

Robinson is #2 behind Garcon, I think that's why we saw so much of him after Garcon was hurt. Hankerson is #2 behind Morgan, both play the X. Maybe rapport or the fact that RGIII is a right handed thrower, the Y and Z receivers saw more action. I think it has more to do with QB / receiver rapport as Davis didn't see too many balls his way. If it was because Griffin was naturally facing the right side of the field, and Davis typically lining up wide / flanker / traditionally, he'd see some action, too. Garcon is an obvious favorite target, Moss seems that way, too; however, he didn't get as many balls thrown his way. It makes sense that Robinson would get noticed more in Garcon's absence.

That is what happened, the FF guys don't care about that, they just want numbers. I think this team is built with depth for the first time and what happened to Hank is simple, he is backing up our number one guy, he is number four really behind Garcon, Morgan and Moss the starters. Robinson backs up Garcon so there you have it. His opportunities are going to be limited and he best make them count when they do throw his way, same for Paul.

Lets be honest guys, for the time being the WR corps on this team pans out as follow. Pierre Garcon.....and then everyone else. Garcon established himself yesterday as the go-to playmaker of the WR corps. Assuming he is healthy going into the game, we can expect him to be targeted as the primary WR and everyone else is going to be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th option.

Now, that doesn't mean that other guys such as Aldrick, Hankerson, Morgan etc etc won't work their way up and start getting more balls thrown their way as the season goes on, (it's only been 1 game) however Garcon has shown himself to clearly be the full package at WR whether it is catching screen passes and finding blockers, or making a fantastic catch over the middle and taking it to the house.

He and Moss were pretty much nonexistent yesterday. Seems like Garcon, Morgan, Robinson, and Banks might be the main 4.

I saw no evidence supporting that Banks is a no. 4 and Moss is non-existent. In fact Moss caught the third most balls and Paulsen's numbers smash Banks.

Pierre Garcon 4 109 27.3 88 1

Aldrick Robinson 4 52 13.0 29 1

Santana Moss 3 47 15.7 27 0

Roy Helu 3 25 8.3 21 0

Fred Davis 2 38 19.0 26 0

Logan Paulsen 1 22 22.0 22 0

Josh Morgan 1 21 21.0 21 0

Brandon Banks 1 6 6.0 6 0

Archived