Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where Was Hankerson?

RawRebel

I saw no evidence supporting that Banks is a no. 4 and Moss is non-existent. In fact Moss caught the third most balls and Paulsen's numbers smash Banks.

Pierre Garcon 4 109 27.3 88 1

Aldrick Robinson 4 52 13.0 29 1

Santana Moss 3 47 15.7 27 0

Roy Helu 3 25 8.3 21 0

Fred Davis 2 38 19.0 26 0

Logan Paulsen 1 22 22.0 22 0

Josh Morgan 1 21 21.0 21 0

Brandon Banks 1 6 6.0 6 0

I must have missed Moss's catches. I remember seeing 1, but didn't remember him getting 3. I stand corrected.

You beat me to it. I don't recall Moss being mentioned yesterday either. I think he had one catch for a first down that was nearly wiped out by a HORRIBLE call for a block in the back.
Tana had 3 catches for 47 yards.

Sorry in the Matt Fancy/Thirtyfive2seven world the game you were watching was missing some plays and had some plays with Banks that did not happen. I think overall this new offense is going to help a guy like Moss contribute and is going to surprise some people, he looked good out there.

---------- Post added September-10th-2012 at 12:02 PM ----------

I must have missed Moss's catches. I remember seeing 1, but didn't remember him getting 3. I stand corrected.

Well thanks for being honest Matt, I just felt like Moss was being dis'd bigtime, not just here but on the board in general.

Morgan had I think 1 or two targets... but yeah, it seemed like we were more concerned with balance between pass and run then balance among all the receiver.s

Josh Morgan also had the best block of the game, his block sprung Garcon for the TD. It was absolutely vicious. Coaches notice those things even if fans dont, Josh Morgan is fine for now.

Sorry in the Matt Fancy/Thirtyfive2seven world the game you were watching was missing some plays and had some plays with Banks that did not happen. I think overall this new offense is going to help a guy like Moss contribute and is going to surprise some people, he looked good out there.

---------- Post added September-10th-2012 at 12:02 PM ----------

Well thanks for being honest Matt, I just felt like Moss was being dis'd bigtime, not just here but on the board in general.

Wow, it was an honest mistake. Calm down a little? lol

Low on the depth chart behind Josh Morgan. The hip injury may not have fully recovered. When he was in the game for a play or two, he didn't seem to have the same explosion off the line. We know the Shannys are high on Hankerson but something is definitely wrong.

:helmet:

Funny, people said the same thing to me when I compared Malcolm Kelly to Taylor Jacobs a few years ago.

Boy, you're so smart!

lol, that's such bs. Prove anyone had anything to say to you when it came to Taylor Jacobs. He was always a running joke on ES about how wonderful he was during practice only.

Oh, and if you did say the same about Malcolm YOU'D BE WRONG. Malcolm was a very good WR who just couldn't stay healthy. Remember the play in 09 during the last game of the season against the Chargers? Yeah... the Shanahan's even kept him here for an entire year while injured hoping he'd bounce back because they saw his abilities. His health was the issue, period, not his ability.

It's the first game of the season. Hank is a second year WR coming off a major hip surgery. Our offense was awesome and we spread the ball around, like legitimate offense's do. Greg friggin Jennings had 30 yards yesterday in the Packers offense while guys like James Jones and Randall Cobb produced more, does he suck?

This board can get annoying sometimes. :ols:

He was in for a hand full of plays but wasn't thrown too, not sure if it was the plays he was in, but he had no catches, or drops.

---------- Post added September-10th-2012 at 01:36 PM ----------

Boy, you're so smart!

lol, that's such bs. Prove anyone had anything to say to you when it came to Taylor Jacobs. He was always a running joke on ES about how wonderful he was during practice only.

Oh, and if you did say the same about Malcolm YOU'D BE WRONG. Malcolm was a very good WR who just couldn't stay healthy. Remember the play in 09 during the last game of the season against the Chargers? Yeah... the Shanahan's even kept him here for an entire year while injured hoping he'd bounce back because they saw his abilities. His health was the issue, period, not his ability.

It's the first game of the season. Hank is a second year WR coming off a major hip surgery. Our offense was awesome and we spread the ball around, like legitimate offense's do. Greg friggin Jennings had 30 yards yesterday in the Packers offense while guys like James Jones and Randall Cobb produced more, does he suck?

Great point but you know most so called fans want the receiver to have a Megatron like day and if not then they suck. We should have never picked Malcolm Kelly in the first place, his knee was a known issue his last year in college but Vinny rolled the dice as usual. Remember Rod Garner? He had that one game for 218 yards and everyone though he was the next Art Monk.....LOL many people's expectations and thoughts are funny......

Boy, you're so smart!

By all means dig through the 2009 preseason threads and you will find it. Kelly caught a couple passes from Todd Collins and he had thus "proven himself" and I was an idiot for doubting him :ols:

Malcolm Kelly played in every game in 2009, starting 10 of them. Hard to imagine that would be the case if he were hobbled by injuries at the time. He finished with a grand total of 25 catches, 347 yards and 0 touchdowns. That is not the play of a very good wide receiver. That is the play of a mediocre wide receiver, and that's being generous.

Of course I remember the play against the Chargers, it was the only semi-memorable play of his entire career. He caught a pass, ran, and got caught from behind inside the 5 yard line. In fact it looked quite a bit like Pierre Garcon's score yesterday...except for the scoring part.

Your attempt at the Greg Jennings analogy doesn't apply at all. Greg Jennings is a veteran (who by the way had a far more impressive rookie season than Leonard Hankerson) Please come up with a better analogy. Thanks.

Hank might have been hurt but should play , Aldrick was awesome and so was Garcon, but I liked the clutch catch by Logan Paulson when the game was on the line and the 26 yard across the field on the run pass Davis hauled in and made first down with.......so long Cooley , your services wont be needed anymore....HAIL!

Where

The experimentation of Brandon Banks as a WR should stop. He also made a bone head play ... on a punt runing East West instead of North South. When he got tackled at our 16 yard line fumbled. Fortunately, it was recovered by a fellow Skin.

Actually Banks had a Key 1st down early in the game... When he caught the ball it was clear that no one would get him before the 1st down.... He also had some nice returns.. One was called back.... Those 15 and 20 yard returns are key for field position.... when he catches the ball in space wow he has jets I look for big plays from him..... PLUS I will not question Shanahan in any way he has built an awesome team! That Shanahan Crow I'm eating tastes very sweet right now.

By all means dig through the 2009 preseason threads and you will find it. Kelly caught a couple passes from Todd Collins and he had thus "proven himself" and I was an idiot for doubting him :ols:

Malcolm Kelly played in every game in 2009, starting 10 of them. Hard to imagine that would be the case if he were hobbled by injuries at the time. He finished with a grand total of 25 catches, 347 yards and 0 touchdowns. That is not the play of a very good wide receiver. That is the play of a mediocre wide receiver, and that's being generous.

Zorn was more or less forced to play Kelly. For one, we didn't have anybody else, and two, Dan and Vinny ran the show. That's also the reason we had to play Devin. (How Zorn managed to keep Colt Brennan off the field is beyond me.)

Overreactions are a part of football, but by 2010, I think a lot of the love affair with Kelly was starting to wain. By 2011 it was gone.

Hank is not Kelly. Just based on health alone, Hankerson was the better prospect. Like I said; Kelly was basically deemed undraftable. That one catch he had versus the Chargers pretty much provved he'd never e the player everyone thought. He'd lost all explosiveness. Doctors thought it was a minor miracle he could play football at all. He did deal with nagging injuries all of 2009; maybe not enough to completely shut him down, but it was very, very clear he was not the player.

And unlike Hankerson, he wasn't surrounded by other players with talent. You had Moss and Fred and that was it. Kelly had every reason to succeed but he still couldn't snag more passes or do more than Randle El did, despite Antwaan being designated as strictly a punt returner and only starter three games.

Kelly sucked. He was full of potential but his healthy issues were always going to prevent any future growth. You are not special because you said Kelly would be a bust. I'd reckon most professional NFL scouts would say that.

It seemed to me that the game plan was more directed at the guys on the other WR spot and the slot (Moss, Robinson, Garcon) or either the Saints were protecting the side of the field with Morgan and Hankerson better. Not sure, but I'd be shocked if they don't make more plays regularly this season. Both those guys have a lot of talent and I'm sure it'll show up, it's just one game.

Wasn't important.

Hank plays the Z receiver, Morgan is the starter at the Z position. Shanny's offense typically likes throwing to the X receiver, which is where Pierre Garçon and Aldrick Robinson and the guys who can beat bump on a regular basis line up.

Not concerned about it. Others shouldn't be either. We got the W which is all that matters. He was out there run blocking and stuff, so it's not like he was benched or something. Just didn't have plays designed for him. This week.

Oh ok, I didn't know that Morgan had beat out Hank for the starting position.

Talked to Shanny Monday and this was my main question. He said Hankerson plays the Z behind Morgan and with the Garcon injury they moved a lot of WR around. Morgan was on the field a lot but with Robinson having the hot hand he wanted him in more. Hank did play around 10that snaps though.

Also, im not a big Banks fan either but he did have some nice returns and a nice catch on the bubble screen on 3rd down to keep the drive alive

Oh ok, I didn't know that Morgan had beat out Hank for the starting position.

Morgan said that Shanny told him he'd be the starter at Z opposite of Pierre when he was signed. Hank got a lot of time there because Morgan was coming back from an injury, but Morgan worked his way back. That's why Hank and Morgan were still out there in the fourth preseason game.

Kelly sucked. He was full of potential but his healthy issues were always going to prevent any future growth. You are not special because you said Kelly would be a bust. I'd reckon most professional NFL scouts would say that.

I'm loving this "everybody knew Kelly was a bust" hindsight analysis. Give me a break. Did you also know John Beck sucked going into last season? Cause I caught lots of **** for not believing in him either.

I'm sure if Hankerson doesn't progress, all of the super-smart fans will say similar things about him. It will be something along the lines of "It was obvious Hank was never any good, remember how he dropped all those passes in his first preseason?"

Archived