Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where Was Hankerson?

RawRebel

Aldrick Robinson was the WR surpise the Shanahans were saving for the regular season. He looked like a completely different player from last preseason where he couldn't hold onto the ball or run a professional route. Today, his 4.3 speed was on display and he caught balls in traffic.

To me WHEN he was playing and how much the offensive gameplan factored in his speed leads me to believe he will receive playing time at the expense of Hankerson and Morgan.

Where was Josh Morgan? I didn't hear his name being called out either.

The experimentation of Brandon Banks as a WR should stop. He also made a bone head play ... on a punt runing East West instead of North South. When he got tackled at our 16 yard line fumbled. Fortunately, it was recovered by a fellow Skin.

The experimentation of Brandon Banks as a WR should stop. He also made a bone head play ... on a punt runing East West instead of North South. When he got tackled at our 16 yard line fumbled. Fortunately, it was recovered by a fellow Skin.

He caught a pass so Im sure they mentioned his name.

Let's not get all down on him, though. He's a second year WR coming off a major hip surgery. For once, we have the fortune to be patient and let guys develop. He's still got great potential that, by no means, has been vanquished.

I saw Hank in a couple of times, but no balls went his way. I think the way they started the game, that is with a lot of screens and quick passes, played more to the strengths of other WRs more. I think we'll see a lot of WR rotating in and out, very similar to how Shanny uses his RBs, based on the gameplan for that week. We'll see though, Robinson definitely made a case for more play time today, I liked what I saw from him. All-in-all I have to say I'm impressed with our WR depth, I saw a number of guys getting opportunities to make plays out there (even Banks had a nice catch and run for first down).

Morgan had 1 catch for 21 yards.

The big surprise was to see Robinson get so much PT, but I presume this will change on a week by week basis. Today was Robinson's shot, next week might be Fred Davis' (who only had 2 receptions today). Maybe week after that, Hankerson's.

In any case, players like Hankerson and Grossman are going to have to earn everything they get by what they show in practice. Goes for Helu/Royster, and just about every other player on the team. True competition - when's this been seen in Washington?

It seemed to me in the preseason he was behind mentally behind the other receivers. I remember Kyle screaming at him on a play against Indianapolis because he jogged it and RGIII ended up overthrowing him. I could be totally off base, but I think it has to do with that.

I heard multiple times, multiple places that Hankerson tore it up in practice all training camp long, hence him being listed at #3 on the depth chart despite doing nothing in the preseason games.

Archived