Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per @chrisrussel... Gano released cundiff added

Missin Meast

Kickers are like long snappers. If you're talking about them, they're probably screwing up.

Get Cundiff outta here now, get Gano back, at least he's got some upside, and if our SpTeam had stepped up last year and managed to prevent the rush getting to him, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Much rather have him back than some veteran kicker no-one else wants. At Least with Gano, we know what we're getting, and he has some years left so if he did improve (which in fairness to the guy, he did seem to be), we could keep him around and not have to burn a draft pick to get another one. Get a veteran and they're retiring in a couple of years, their skills are already declining and we definitely have to burn a draft pick or keep up the veteran cast-off Kicker carousel.

Chris Russell just said on 980 one of the reasons they likely won't bring Gano back is that he is really religious and it bothers people in the organization. Any truth to this?
So what?? Kickers need all the help they can get. If Cundiff wasn't religious before today's miss, I bet he's learned how to pray now.

Chris Russell just said on 980 one of the reasons they likely won't bring Gano back is that he is really religious and it bothers people in the organization. Any truth to this?

This is of course totally ridiculous, but OK then... bring back Rackers.

You have no excuse now Shanny, Allen, Smith... whoever

**** Cunmiss. He is ****in clown shoes and he kicks with them. Our front office makes me think that we are heading in the right direction and then we sign this wanker. I'm starting to feel that no matter what we do we are destined to fail because we shoot ourselves in the foot when there is no reason to do so. He didn't cost us the win but he is no asset by any means.

I have nothing important to add but It can't be stressed enough how much he needs to be cut. There is NO argument for him.

It also can't be stressed how STUPID his comment was about "derr we still would have needed 4 points." I mean what a petty, childish thing to say. It's funny though because the kick was so close, there wasn't that much of a loss in field position after the turnover on downs lol. Still, momentum etc...

I would rather have literally anyone else. Anyone.

There's gotta be more to the Gano story. We're talking about a young kicker who was getting better as each year went by, not counting the blocks last year. And you release him for a guy that clearly was getting worse? Something doesn't add up. I like Gano but it makes one think...

Can you believe Cundwiff said this?

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Billy Cundiff: "You look at the final score and obviously, even if I would've made that field goal we still would've needed 4 more points."

No wonder why this guy sucks.

Way to be a team player Billy. "it ain't my fault."

Take yer loser ass balk to Baktimore.

Chris Russell is a moron.

1.) Chris Russell is an idiot. If there's a reason why Gano won't come back, it probably has more to do with a nagging back injury than it does him being very religious. London's religious, Reed's religious, Chris Wilson is religious. Either Russell was fed that line, or he's just a moron. I'd pick the latter, personally.

2.) I don't care who it is. If we don't want Gano, fine, bring back Rackers. But Cundiff has to get cut. I said this on Twitter; I'll gladly take less touchbacks and penalties on directional kicks over missed field goals.

Way to be a team player Billy. "it ain't my fault."

Take yer loser ass balk to Baktimore.

Chris Russell is a moron.

The only way that rumor is true, is of course, he would have to be very religious...which he actually is. He's an active anti-gay marriage supporter. He was a well known supporter of "Chik-fila" this off-season for those who haven't been under a rock. And he's quite open about it to the team.

And to those who find it fishy why we kicked his young ass off the squad, why did we kick Shuisham off the squad? Anywho, they always have a veteran battling him, and jumped at what they thought was the better opportunity.

Archived