Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per @chrisrussel... Gano released cundiff added

Missin Meast

The only way that rumor is true, is of course, he would have to be very religious...which he actually is. He's an active anti-gay marriage supporter. He was a well known supporter of "Chik-fila" this off-season for those who haven't been under a rock. And he's quite open about it to the team.

Define "well-known".

Also, who cares?

1.) Chris Russell is an idiot. If there's a reason why Gano won't come back, it probably has more to do with a nagging back injury than it does him being very religious. London's religious, Reed's religious, Chris Wilson is religious. Either Russell was fed that line, or he's just a moron. I'd pick the latter, personally.

Perhaps his religion involves him worshipping the opposing teams? :whoknows:

2.) I don't care who it is. If we don't want Gano, fine, bring back Rackers. But Cundiff has to get cut. I said this on Twitter; I'll gladly take less touchbacks and penalties on directional kicks over missed field goals.

Yeah, they need to make a change there...again. I can't believe that this guy was able to beat out Rackers for a job as quickly as they made the move for him. I can't believe they didn't change the locks on the locker room after he missed that chipshot today.

It is unbelievable to me that we consistently make horrible decisions when it comes to kickers. Cundiff was bad before he was a Redskin. He is now, what? 6 for 12 on the season? 50%? That's ridiculously bad.

Bring back Cooley & let him kick. Bring back Gibbs & let him kick. Shoot, bring back Mark Mosely. Cundiff is turrible.

Can you believe Cundwiff said this?

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Billy Cundiff: "You look at the final score and obviously, even if I would've made that field goal we still would've needed 4 more points."

No wonder why this guy sucks.

What a ****ing loser. Get the **** out of here you piece of dog ****.

Chris Russell just said on 980 one of the reasons they likely won't bring Gano back is that he is really religious and it bothers people in the organization. Any truth to this?

That's laughable.

RG3 is deeply religious. Fletcher is deeply religious. I'm sure there are others also. Chris Russel is an idiot.

Define deeply religous. Just because you're religous doesn't mean you're deeply religous. To me, being deeply religous means you pretty much devote your life to your religion.

He can sacrifice chickens on the field for all I care..as long as he makes kicks.........I seriously doubt his faith had anything to do with him leaving.

It didnt bother anyone when Joe Gibbs was here

Joe Gibbs was religious, but not hateful.

It sounds like the suggestion is that Gano is a bit too homophobic.

I hate to get into a debate based on gossip, but I think there is a difference between bigotry and faith.

---------- Post added October-8th-2012 at 05:56 AM ----------

Because he missed a couple of automatic field goals that cost us games remember? Sound familiar? lol..

Yeah. I think its a hex. Well, I actually don't believe in hexes, but how is it we are the only team in the NFL that cannot find a decent kicker?

Well Cundiff has to go now right? I was happy when we signed him, but he has looked AWFUL so far. I guess we'll bring back Gano?

Or Suisham who has not missed this year for the Steelers. Thats the story of Redskins kickers. They go to another team and dont miss.

Sorry, Quoted wrong post. The post I quoted talked about other kickers who were here.

Joe Gibbs was religious, but not hateful.

It sounds like the suggestion is that Gano is a bit too homophobic.

I hate to get into a debate based on gossip, but I think there is a difference between bigotry and faith.

---------- Post added October-8th-2012 at 05:56 AM ----------

Yeah. I think its a hex. Well, I actually don't believe in hexes, but how is it we are the only team in the NFL that cannot find a decent kicker?

Why would being homophobic be a noteworthy thing in an NFL lockerroom? It's not exactly the most gay friendly of places anyway. It's gotta be something else. I hadn't heard that he was out in the community publically espousing controversial views or anything of that nature.

Why would being homophobic be a noteworthy thing in an NFL lockerroom? It's not exactly the most gay friendly of places anyway. It's gotta be something else. I hadn't heard that he was out in the community publically espousing controversial views or anything of that nature.

There was a big stink about a couple NFL players coming out in favor of gay marriage and calling out politicians recently, so I can sorta see how this came up, but yeah I'm not really buying this business about Gano's religion either. Sounds like idle gossip to me honestly.

I guess my point was that if it is true that Gano's views prevented him from getting along with the team, then his situation is not comparable to Joe Gibbs and his views. Gibbs seemingly gets along with everybody.

Anyway, I'm not sure why I chimed in, since there is very little to base such speculation about Gano on.

I never believe Chris Russell so I did some independant reporting. According to some sports blogs and media outlets Gano once tweeted hateful and homophobic slurs during the Chick-Fil-A controversy. The tweets have been deleted so I cannot confirm if this is actually true

Not saying this was the reason he was let go but it makes you think.

Saw this on rotoworld:

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Redskins will work out "at least" three free agent kickers on Tuesday.

Per LaCanfora, Olindo Mare, Josh Brown and Kai Forbath will all be visiting Redskins Park. The jig is up for Billy Cundiff, who's missed 5-of-12 field-goal attempts this season.

get him outta here!

I never believe Chris Russell so I did some independant reporting. According to some sports blogs and media outlets Gano once tweeted hateful and homophobic slurs during the Chick-Fil-A controversy. The tweets have been deleted so I cannot confirm if this is actually true

Not saying this was the reason he was let go but it makes you think.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/graham-gano-wades-into-chick-fil-a-debate/2012/08/01/gJQAm7BkPX_blog.html

http://deadspin.com/5931706/two-golfers-a-kicker-the-lemonade+lovin-linebacker-and-one-crazy-goalie-the-few-athletes-who-endorsed-chick+fil+a

When I just did a search all I could see is that he tweeted an image of food he bought there. Showing support to Chick-Fil-A (and it would go beyond what your opinion is of gay marriage, rights, etc.) is not the same thing as tweeting slurs, I'm not sure where you found anything indicating that. Certainly showing a picture of food is not an anti-gay slur.

Archived