Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per @chrisrussel... Gano released cundiff added

Missin Meast

it's too late to get Gano back. He's pissed we faked on him, and now he won't come back. Read the news.

Frankly, I could seriously care less. Let him shank potential game winners for some other team.

What ever happened to Josh Brown? Guy was a stud her e in stl

He's still a FA. He was let go by the Rams because of them drafting Zuerlein. Picked up by the Jets and let go for incumbent Folk. Actually, Josh Brown (or Forbath) is who I would like us to get.

While I guess I understand where you are coming from, this is hardly what I would call great news. It means our kicking woes have continued for as long as i can remember and we will be bringing in another scrub that will need replacing at the end of the year. This problem won't go away until the only consistent in our special teams for the last 5+ years is gone. I don't want to mention any names and throw anyone or Danny Smith under the bus, but we are hopelessly ****ed until he is out of here.

What is frustrating is that it seems like most teams have kickers that are for the most part money under 55 yards. They will miss now and again, but they are usually spot on.

For a team like ours where every single game seems to be determined by one possession, in the waning minutes of the game, you'd think a solid kicker would be a priority, and the margin of error would be minuscule.

From what I have seen, unless you have a kicker that has proven himself, then most kickers are a dime a dozen. If they miss field goals that lose games, cut them and move on. Until you find one that puts together a good streak.

@HTTR24_7: Skins/Gano talked this morning. Didn't go well and he's not in for a tryout.

Glad to hear it. Gano was garbage. I'd rather have any of the three guys we're bringing in before I'd bring back Gano.

I'm leaning towards Brown, but the young guy sounds interesting.

When I just did a search all I could see is that he tweeted an image of food he bought there. Showing support to Chick-Fil-A (and it would go beyond what your opinion is of gay marriage, rights, etc.) is not the same thing as tweeting slurs, I'm not sure where you found anything indicating that. Certainly showing a picture of food is not an anti-gay slur.

They were blogs, not credible sources.

I should have mentioned ths in my previous post.

Per http://httr24-7.com/ :

"Billy Cundiff signed for 5 years $14.7 million with a $3 million dollar bonus. Average salary of $2,940,000 thru 2016."

That's unreal.

I wonder what the cap hit would be should we cut him?

---------- Post added October-9th-2012 at 08:21 AM ----------

Everything I've read about Forbath so far is pretty impressive, I think he'll win the competition. Really don't want Olindo Mare, hes been around forever.

Agree. We need either Josh Brown or the young guy.

This guy Forbath seems interesting to me. He was 5/5 in the preseason with a 55 yarder as well as two others from 40+. NFLDraftScout had him listed as the number 2 kicker in the 2011 draft class....not that that means too much. Back at UCLA, he made 47 of his last 49 (....i wonder how many of those were game winners though, and I wonder how many game winners he's missed. )

I'd go with Josh Brown for this year and target Casey Barth out of UNC (younger brother of Connor Barth in TB) in the draft. Dude has broken every record set by Connor, has a bigger leg, and because of the low profile of UNC football, would probably be available in the 7th or even UFA.

That makes my head hurt. They signed this guy for all this money and he didn't have a workout with us. Seriously, what is wrong with this franchise?

Maybe we haven't turned the corner with Bruce and Mike the way we had thought we did.

Some things are better (offense, running game, ability to find talent deep in draft), but we continue to make boneheaded decisions on FA acquisitions, keep around sub-par assistant coaches, and continue to neglect key areas of the team (OL, secondary).

I realize Rome wasn't built in a day, but we need to see better signs of improvement in order to feel like we've fully thrown off the shackles of the Vinny era.

Maybe we haven't turned the corner with Bruce and Mike the way we had thought we did.

The Patriots signed Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth. Neither one really worked out. Does that mean their personnel guy stinks?

Cundiff was a mistake. I think keeping Gano would have been a mistake, too. They are both sub par players. Paying Cundiff what he's being paid is an even more substantial error.

But it's one mistake.

Archived