Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saturday 8/4: Training Camp Tweets

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

DJ Gomes (shoulder) and Darrel Young (hamstring) off today as well. Carriker in pads day after resting.

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Anthony Armstrong takes the field without his shoulder pads. Ryan Kerrigan not in pads either. Neither will practice today. #Redskins

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Josh Morgan (hamstring) and Lance Lewis (groin) off today as well as expected. As is James Lee (knee).

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins socks AND fresh kicks? Must be #skinscamp! http://instagr.am/p/N6UYa8ojU1/

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 08:31 AM ----------

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_Tandler

#RG3 acknowledges the chants from the fans by raising his #Redskins helmet in the air.

@granthpaulsen

Brandon Banks with a nice catch on the sideline and then a nice block at end of a long play on back to back snaps. Nice sequence. #Redskins

@Russellmania980

Rex just hit Logan Paulsen for a big play, with a busted coverage. Banks did a great job downfield on block.

@Redskins

QB Kirk Cousins hits WR Samuel Kirkland over the middle for a modest gain during full team drills. #skinscamp

@dshif

And we have our first scuffle of training camp. Looks like London Fletcher fighting with Will Montgomery. #Redskins

Russellmania980

A little fracas breaks out, Trent, Perry Riley, Josh Wilson all shoving and barking.

@dshif

And we have another fight. Niles Paul throwing punches with Markus White. Shanahan stopping practice to talk with the team. #Redskins

@granthpaulsen

Niles Paul & Markus White just got into a fight. Paul thre some serious punches into the pile. Shanahan ended drill, brought team together.

@MikeJonesWaPo

Tristan Davis scores on 75-yard catch-and-run from Cousins. Davis turned on the jets.

@granthpaulsen

RB Tristan Davis just caught a pass and beat the entire #Redskins' reserve secondary down the field to the endzone.

@dshif

On the play where Paul and White threw hands, Tanard Jackson had his first interception of camp. Action packed play, yeah? #Redskins

Sounds like we're ready for the bills to me... haha

@Redskins

#Redskins LB Lorenzo Alexander spikes a Rex Grossman pass at the line. #onemangang #skinscamp

@skinsdiehards

Virginia Gov discusses deal to move Redskins' camp http://dlvr.it/1y6kT5

@Redskins

Saturday's #SkinsCamp Video No. 1: Stretching http://redsk.in/QUoB4N #everybodysfavorite

@Redskins

Saturday's #SkinsCamp Video No. 2: Offensive Line http://redsk.in/QUqa2I

@Redskins

#Redskins offense practicing red zone drills. QB @RGIII caps off drive calling his own number on the keeper. #skinscamp

@Redskins

There's still time to meet #Redskins WR @HankTime85 after today's practice. Stop by social media tent for more info. #hopeisalivetoday

@Redskins

#Redskins QB Rex Grossman hits WR A. Robinson for a short TD pass in red zone drills. #skinscamp

@Redskins

Saturday's #SkinsCamp Video No. 3: Quarterbacks http://redsk.in/QUrrqw

@john_keim

#redskins say attendance at fan appreciation day: 24,650

@Redskins

#Redskins RB Roy Helu Jr. takes the handoff from QB @RGIII, rumbles 15 yards untouched for the TD. #skinscamp

@Redskins

Saturday's #SkinsCamp Video No. 4: Running backs http://redsk.in/QUsHK0

@Redskins

Saturday's #SkinsCamp Video No. 5: Wide receivers http://redsk.in/QUtVFp

@granthpaulsen

Graham Gano just made a 38 yard field goal. That was the first kick of today's practice. #Redskins

@redskinsfeedr

Bleacher Report - Washington Redskins: Trent Williams Is Now More Important Than RGIII http://ffd.me/QBFUdu #redskins

@MikeJonesWaPo

Rackers split uprights on a 55-yarder.

@MikeJonesWaPo

Gano drills 52-yarder.

@MikeJonesWaPo

Gano clank 34 yarder off upright. Rackers makes his attempt.

@MikeJonesWaPo

Rackers makes another 34 yarder, and Gano makes one too

@Redskins

#Redskins NT Chris Baker dances provocatively in front of kickers to distract them before last kick attempt. Both nail FG. #skinscamp

@MikeJonesWaPo

For day, gano 5 of 6 and Rackers 6 for 6

@Redskins

#Redskins HC Mike Shanahan addresses fans and says this team has more depth and talent than any he's coach in DC #skinscamp

@granthpaulsen

Mike Shanahan to the fans: "I guarantee you, with the depth and competition we have, you're going to be very proud of this team this year."

@dshif

Shanahan just addressed the crowd, players handing out game balls to fans as a gift.

@Redskins

As part of Fan Appreciation Day, all 90 players are handin signed gameday footballs to fans. 110 balls passed out in total. #skinscamp

@MikeJonesWaPo

Kickers now tied at 16 for 19.

@BurgundyBlog

Niles Paul gives up two inches and 31 pounds to Markus White. Not condoning punches at practice but the dude has cojones.

@Rich_Tandler

Nice touch-- #Redskins gave each player and coach a game ball to give to a fan.

@dshif

Dan Snyder just spoke to the media. Quotes later.

Is it me, or does it seem like Brandon Banks has been killing it during camp. I am trying to tell people that this dude can be effective. I know he isn't taking any hits, but I think he can make plays for us outside of special teams. :2cents:

It would be hard to make the case that he isn't doing exactly what he has been asked to do. Making big catches, blocking downfield. If he makes the team this year, he definitely earned it.

Damn Shanahan is really gassing us up. Hope he really means what he's saying... You know he did say he would stake his reputation on the Grossman/Beck combo

He didn't have a lot of choices at the time.

@Redskins

New #Redskins OL Tony Moll says the team has not discussed whether he would play inside or outside on the line. He is wearing white No. 54.

@Redskins

Moll says he was working out at home in Sonoma, CA and weighing offers from several different teams. #skinscamp

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7914

@Russellmania980

Markus White on @Niles_Paul84 "That's my boy." Says he is just trying to keep his job.

@Russellmania980

Ryan Kerrigan is seeing the doctors after having some more issuea with heat related illness.

@Rich_Tandler

Kerrigan sat out practice with a heat related issue. Nothing serious, he said.

@granthpaulsen

Mike Shanahan on the scuffles today: "Typical of practice.. the second one two guys lost their poise a little bit." #Redskins

@Redskins

Redskins HC Mike Shanahan of today's #SkinsCamp practice: "Good practice, good tempo."

@Redskins

Shanahan says he isn't ready to assess QB @RGIII's development. That's a monthly and weekly plan, not a one week plan. #skinscamp

@Russellmania980

Shanahan says they continue to work on different situations, 2nd and long..3rd and long..Tony Moll is a guard, who needs acclimates 2 system

@john_keim

Shanahan said Moll will play guard. #redskins

@Redskins

Shanahan says OL Tony Moll will play at guard. OL Jordan Black is definitely a tackle, but has spent time at guard. #skinscamp

@Redskins

Shanahan says kickoffs, field goals in practice and games will factor into kicking competition winner. #skinscamp

@Russellmania980

Shanahan says still no word from Kentwan Balmer

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 02:47 PM ----------

@JBernstine

S/o to all the redskins fans out there for fan day! It was a hot one. We appreciate the support! #HTTR #REDSKINNATION

@Lance_Lewis1

Good week of camp #HTTR

@KeenanRobinson1

S/O to all the fans who came out to Fan Appreciation Day #HTTR

@AdamCarriker94

I wanna thank everyone who came out to support is on fan day! #HTTR

@TheJoshWilson

I appreciate all the folks that came and check us out at the Park today...#HTTR

‏@NickSundberg

Thanks to everyone who came out to practice today to support us, best fans in the world. #HTTR

@LFletcher59

Appreciate all the fans coming out to practice today for #fanday! #HTTR

@BEAU_RELIFORD87

Had a good time with the fans today thanks for the love #HTTR

@granthpaulsen

Niles Paul on his practice-fight with Markus White: "It's camp. Things happen. I'm expected to keep my poise a little better." #Redskins

I like the in practice scuffles. It means our guys are competing hard, and for the first time in forever, good players are having to fight for their right to make the team.

And yes, I will continue to make plugs for Banks until he is no longer on the team. No matter what anyone says, it's difficult to cut a guy who can take it to the house anytime he has the ball. Glad to see he is working so hard and holding his own.

And Chris Baker has officially moved to my watch list. That dance in front of the kickers had to be awesome.

Archived