6 WRs

9 OL

6 DL

7 LBs

5 CBs

4 Safties

3 SPTs

That's 51 players...

Is Brown on the pup? That's the only way I could see us carrying four TEs in, and then when it's time to bring him off the PUP, we part ways with one of the four.

EDIT: And Paul can play WR too... it just makes sense to only carry three TEs.

Is Brown on the pup? That's the only way I could see us carrying four TEs in, and then when it's time to bring him off the PUP, we part ways with one of the four.

EDIT: And Paul can play WR too... it just makes sense to only carry three TEs.

There are still 2 spots available, though...

So it could look like this:

3 QBs

4 RBs

1 FB

4 TEs

6 WRs

10 OL

6 DL

7 LBs

5 CBs

4 Safties

3 SPTs

Whoever the 10th OLman is gets dumped when Brown comes off the PUP list. And let's face it, I doubt we have 10 O-Linemen on the roster worth keeping ON the roster :ols: (unfortunately)...

And don't forget...we'll probably be using one of the TEs as a backup FB instead of carrying an extra one.

If THT gets healthy, do you think we could go THT, Royster, and Helu at RB and Morris, Young at FB? or is 5 at the RB spots too many?

I, for one, am praying we find a way to get Morris on the roster instead of the PS...I think they've been trying him at FB, too, and I thought I read somewhere where Morris said he still has work to do at that position to feel more comfortable when they put him in.

I, for one, am praying we find a way to get Morris on the roster instead of the PS...I think they've been trying him at FB, too, and I thought I read somewhere where Morris said he still has work to do at that position to feel more comfortable when they put him in.

totally agree.. I like your numbers above with the 4RB's ( THT, Royster, Helu, and Morris.) Then Young at full back... Morris is getting looks at FB and could play there in a pinch if Young goes out...

It'll definitely be cooley. One bc it would be a pr nightmare to.cut him but the second reason is that if cooley does get injured there is a very.good chance that the other three would still be available via free agency.

It'll also almost certainly will be Cooley if we use a TE slot to also be the #2 FB.

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 11:45 PM ----------

Right now Cooley is staying healthy, has occasionally shown some good athleticism, and neither Davis or Paul has separated themselves from each other or from Cooley...

And I'm thinking Shanahan isn't gonna trust RG3's health, safety and development by giving him "promising" players as his main targets and blockers. Paul will have to take the #2 spot from Cooley outright, not just show "promise"...

Also, based on the reports from camp, Cooley is getting a lot of rookie's BFF work.

totally agree.. I like your numbers above with the 4RB's ( THT, Royster, Helu, and Morris.) Then Young at full back... Morris is getting looks at FB and could play there in a pinch if Young goes out...

And don't forget, Shanahan kept, what...eight WRs last year? lol...I don't think he'll have a problem keeping 4 RBs on the roster if it helps keep Morris on the squad.

Also, based on the reports from camp, Cooley is getting a lot of rookie's BFF work.

"BFF work" :ols: :ols:...

There are still 2 spots available, though...

So it could look like this:

3 QBs

4 RBs

1 FB

4 TEs

6 WRs

10 OL

6 DL

7 LBs

5 CBs

4 Safties

3 SPTs

Whoever the 10th OLman is gets dumped when Brown comes off the PUP list. And let's face it, I doubt we have 10 O-Linemen on the roster worth keeping ON the roster :ols: (unfortunately)...

And don't forget...we'll probably be using one of the TEs as a backup FB instead of carrying an extra one.

I doubt you go light at LB unless you go extra-heavy at DB or DL. Of course, almost no team goes with 10 OL (8-9 is usually what's there). Most likely (sans spt), you are going to get 25 a side and no side will sacrifice more than 1 (ie, you could see a 24/26 split).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Morris start the year on the PS, similar to Royster last year. Running backs are usually fairly safe on the practice squad early in the year, it's midseason once the injuries start piling up that they start being snatched.

If our goal is to take Morris off the PS during the season before he can get snatched up, though, I'd rather just find a way to put him on the roster from the get-go :yes:...

If Banks doesnt make the team, it will be solely because of his height and we have a rookie QB.

Reason why... if Hankerson is coming across the middle and the ball is thrown high and a little behind him and the safety is coming to make a play, Hank can reach up and grab it and fight for the ball and pull it down.

If Banks is doing the same thing, the safety can play him off the ball and it's an INT.

Can't put Banks or RGIII in that situation in a live game, so they could only use him as bomb threat, he needs a good deal of separation from the CB's compared to the other recievers.

Some of Banks catches probably would nto have been catches had the safety or CB been allowed to rock him.

i think thats a load of crap. The guy has been a punt and kick returner for 2 years, and hasnt had his head knocked off, and those collisions have far more violent potential than a reciever over the middle. He will be fine, and will make the team.

Watch this video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/09000d5d81c4ae0f/Gameday-Redskins-vs-Titans-highlights

Pay attention around the 1:28 mark...notice who the receiver is on that 2nd and 10 play...notice how high the ball is thrown...notice that it's over the middle...notice how hard the receiver gets rocked by the safety...

I don't even have to click the link to know that this is the overtime catch he made in Tennessee when we wore the White on Gold. That wasn't that good of a pass, but he made the catch, took the hit, and it was overtime. We won the game because of that catch.

That play right there made me a believer of Banks as a WR. It is about time that he has gotten a serious look as a receiver. And I think the speed of him and RG3 will be a nightmare for teams to have to prepare for. I could see Shanny doing all types of stuff with speed like this. I hope BB can put it all together.

\

Maybe it was and White didn't take kindly to it.

I don't know which one said what. All I know is that my son and I watched Niles Paul throw White around like a rag doll while punching him in the face and knocked his helmet off. But I also watched Leonard Hankerson dang near drop every ball thrown his way except a few. I mean he was dropping passes right in his hands on the money. I also watched Rex Grossman look the same as last year with throwing into to coverage and getting picked a couple of times. I was VERY impressed by Kirk Cousins acccuracy and how tight he throws the ball (wishing he beats out Grossman for the #2 spot on the roster).

Adam Carriker is "MASSIVE"!!!!! I think he is the size of a door LOL!!!! RG3 missed a few passes and was inaccurate on a few throws and was picked off by Perry Riley in the one on one drill but all in all I'm sure he'll be fine. RG3 also threw a near perfect bomb to Garcon and burned D.Hall pretty bad. That fake dive QB keep and sprint option they're running is going to give A LOT of teams problems. On one keep when RG3 scored on a keep London Fletcher tried to catch him and RG3 accelerated around the edge so fast that I thought London was going to blow a tire trying to keep up. RG3 is REALLY fast. I mean REALLY fast........when he actually ran for real you could see just how fast he is when he's not playing around. And has a VERY strong arm as well. That boot game that Shannahan runs is going to be something to see this year with RG3 and how fast he can get the ball there or the keep game. Man oh man LOL

I think that sounds a little better. With Goff injured it should be pretty easy settling on Robinson/Alexander as our two backup ILB's but the battle outside might not be so easy.

You said it...

Orakpo and Kerrigan will obviously have their spots...

But Markus White, Rob Jackson, Chris Wilson amongst others...

I don't know which one said what. All I know is that my son and I watched Niles Paul throw White around like a rag doll while punching him in the face and knocked his helmet off. But I also watched Leonard Hankerson dang near drop every ball thrown his way except a few. I mean he was dropping passes right in his hands on the money. I also watched Rex Grossman look the same as last year with throwing into to coverage and getting picked a couple of times. I was VERY impressed by Kirk Cousins acccuracy and how tight he throws the ball (wishing he beats out Grossman for the #2 spot on the roster).

Adam Carriker is "MASSIVE"!!!!! I think he is the size of a door LOL!!!! RG3 missed a few passes and was inaccurate on a few throws and was picked off by Perry Riley in the one on one drill but all in all I'm sure he'll be fine. RG3 also threw a near perfect bomb to Garcon and burned D.Hall pretty bad. That fake dive QB keep and sprint option they're running is going to give A LOT of teams problems. On one keep when RG3 scored on a keep London Fletcher tried to catch him and RG3 accelerated around the edge so fast that I thought London was going to blow a tire trying to keep up. RG3 is REALLY fast. I mean REALLY fast........when he actually ran for real you could see just how fast he is when he's not playing around. And has a VERY strong arm as well. That boot game that Shannahan runs is going to be something to see this year with RG3 and how fast he can get the ball there or the keep game. Man oh man LOL

Not calling you a liar, but this is the first I read or heard about this, was this on just Saturday? And has it been reported anywhere or any other time, this would be extremely concerning to me.

I think that sounds a little better. With Goff injured it should be pretty easy settling on Robinson/Alexander as our two backup ILB's but the battle outside might not be so easy.

You likely go normal at 9 LBs (could also go heavy at DB with 10 or 7 DLs instead), Most likely you'll see 8 ol on the 53 plus 2 on the ps. If you do go with heavy at OL, sacrificed position will come on the offense. This is a more normal year as last season was just plain weird so you can bet that we go normal at 25 a side unless some guy REALLY impresses (and I don't mean just looks good like Morris).

Opening day 53 roster structure:

6 WR

4 TE

8 OL

3 QB

1 FB

3 HB

-------

7 DL

9 LB

9 DB

-------

3 ST

May trade one DL for an extra HB or FB or, more likely, trade a TE for an extra HB or FB. If you go with 4 TEs that indicates that one of the TEs will also be the #2 FB. So you probably go with 1 FB and 3 HB.

Not calling you a liar, but this is the first I read or heard about this, was this on just Saturday? And has it been reported anywhere or any other time, this would be extremely concerning to me.

From Campbell:

On Friday I noted WR Leonard Hankerson’s sure hands on catches near the sideline. Well, he dropped two passes over the middle Saturday. That was a problem area of the field for him last preseason. He had the bad habit of looking downfield before he caught the ball. That was the case Saturday.

In one-on-one drills between receivers and defensive backs, Hankerson ran a slant from the left preceded by a double move. He separated from the cornerback but dropped a pass that hit his hands. The same thing happened in team drills. Hankerson said last summer his drops were a matter of concentration.

So in FanPerceptionville, 2 drops is "dang near every ball thrown his way" lol :yes:...(that wasn't a comment about RED06, by the way).

---------- Post added August-5th-2012 at 07:13 AM ----------

Some more from Campbell:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/aug/4/redskins-practice-report-84/

QB Robert Griffin III should significantly upgrade the Redskins’ offense in the red zone. Washington scored a touchdown on only 41.18 percent of its possessions inside the 20-yard line last season. Only three teams were worse.

The dual threat Griffin presents defenses will be magnified inside the 20. Just look at what QB Cam Newton did for the Carolina Panthers last season. They went from dead last in red zone efficiency in 2010 to seventh (57.89%) in the NFL during Newton’s rookie season. Griffin doesn’t have Newton’s size, but he is a faster runner. The Redskins can run the option with various fakes and misdirection involved, and they’ll take advantage of Griffin’s arm, as well.

During team drills inside the 20 on Saturday, Griffin took the snap, raced to the edge and got around the corner of the defense for a touchdown. Griffin’s quick feet enabled him to navigate the sideline and stay in bounds. Defenses must respect his ability to run and throw, which should enable the Redskins to take advantage of certain looks. Later during red zone work, Griffin hit WR Santana Moss over the middle from the left slot for a touchdown.

[...]I thought Griffin was more accurate Saturday than he recently has been, and, generally, he got the ball out quicker and more in rhythm. One pass in particular worth describing: From the pocket, he looked left to WR Pierre Garcon, who was covered high and low by two defensive backs. Griffin quickly came off that read and progressed to WR Leonard Hankerson underneath for a completion. Griffin knew his progressions and he went through them on time to create a positive play.

[...]I knocked TE Fred Davis on Friday for failing to move his feet to stop a safety blitz, so he warrants mention here Saturday for a good block of OLB Brian Orakpo, who lined up on the left side of the defense on this particular play. Davis moved his feet to stay square against Orakpo, and he kept his hands inside.

The biggest difference between this play and the one Friday: Davis appeared to care about blocking.

[...]Rookie LG Josh LeRibeus didn’t get off his block of a defensive lineman to stop ILB Bryan Kehl’s stunt on one pass play. Later, rookie CB Richard Crawford had a free shot at the quarterback on a blitz from the slot because LeRibeus, C Erik Cook and LT Tom Compton didn’t account for him.

LeRibeus’ ability to read, react and communicate with his teammates on the line should improve as he gains experience. It’s not there yet for the third-rounder.

Rookie RG Adam Gettis was engaged with a defensive lineman on a running play when he saw ILB Keenan Robinson charging from the left. Gettis peeled off his first block and sealed Robinson out of the play. Robinson had a better chance of making the tackle because the defensive lineman was caught in the wash, so to speak, so it was an example of good vision and awareness by Gettis.

Soon after that, Gettis anchored well in pass protection against DL Doug Worthington.

Yes it was on Saturday. I was there at the fan appreciation day. I saw him drop like 4 passes and it threw me because I know the ability that Hankerson has. He wasn't targeted that much but he blew like 4 out 7 passes. A few of us was like "WOW' that was right in his hands and or bread basket. maybe it was nothing to it, but yes he dropped a few for sure.

Archived