Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saturday 8/4: Training Camp Tweets

If Banks doesnt make the team, it will be solely because of his height and we have a rookie QB.

Reason why... if Hankerson is coming across the middle and the ball is thrown high and a little behind him and the safety is coming to make a play, Hank can reach up and grab it and fight for the ball and pull it down.

If Banks is doing the same thing, the safety can play him off the ball and it's an INT.

Can't put Banks or RGIII in that situation in a live game, so they could only use him as bomb threat, he needs a good deal of separation from the CB's compared to the other recievers.

Some of Banks catches probably would nto have been catches had the safety or CB been allowed to rock him.

@Redskins

As part of Fan Appreciation Day, all 90 players are handin signed gameday footballs to fans. 110 balls passed out in total. #

There is no way they handed out 110 balls, i was there, the most balls they handed was probably a dozen to 20 balls. Lol

2012-08-03_3183.jpg

Hey, are those the giveaway balls? Fill up a duffel bag for me too. :ols:

I went to camp today and there were two scuffles: one involving London Fletcher, the other Niles Paul (who was seen throwing blows)... anyone have a clue as to who Fletch was pushing around or who Paul pummeling?

I don't know about Paul, but according to one tweet, they said it looked like Fletcher was scuffling with Will Montgomery.

If Banks doesnt make the team, it will be solely because of his height and we have a rookie QB.

Reason why... if Hankerson is coming across the middle and the ball is thrown high and a little behind him and the safety is coming to make a play, Hank can reach up and grab it and fight for the ball and pull it down.

If Banks is doing the same thing, the safety can play him off the ball and it's an INT.

Can't put Banks or RGIII in that situation in a live game, so they could only use him as bomb threat, he needs a good deal of separation from the CB's compared to the other recievers.

Some of Banks catches probably would nto have been catches had the safety or CB been allowed to rock him.

Watch this video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/09000d5d81c4ae0f/Gameday-Redskins-vs-Titans-highlights

Pay attention around the 1:28 mark...notice who the receiver is on that 2nd and 10 play...notice how high the ball is thrown...notice that it's over the middle...notice how hard the receiver gets rocked by the safety...

In practice/training camp vs teammates is one thing. Vs opponents that want to do serious damage to you, its something completely different. I fear that he's just a tiny dude thats going to get mauled out there.

Banks will be fine and he is a legit threat. I can't say the same for Robinson or Austin. They haven't shown me anything.

Banks will be fine and he is a legit threat. I can't say the same for Robinson or Austin. They haven't shown me anything.

Banks is obviously much more talented than the other two, but I haven't seen Austin drop buy maybe one pass in the regular season. He has very reliable hands.

Lol - I would like to have seen Banks making the block downfield. He's a small player with a big heart. I'm glad he's having a good camp.
Watch this video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/washington-redskins/09000d5d81c4ae0f/Gameday-Redskins-vs-Titans-highlights

Pay attention around the 1:28 mark...notice who the receiver is on that 2nd and 10 play...notice how high the ball is thrown...notice that it's over the middle...notice how hard the receiver gets rocked by the safety...

Agree'd on both accounts. Sometimes, how much heart you have and the tremendous will to succeed will outweigh any deficiencies you may have regarding physical size. I'll take a short guy with the will to win and the heart of Banks any day over a tall WR who doesn't have the same drive and determination to win that Banks has any day of the week. I'm pulling for him to have an awesome season. It would make for one helluva success story.

As far as everything else goes, everything I've been reading has me excited as hell. I'm so happy with the direction the team is moving in, and for some reason, I've never been more excited for the season to begin. I have a very, very good feeling about where this team is gonna be within the next few seasons. Hell, it may not even take that long! We could be pleasantly surprised this season!

Agree'd on both accounts. Sometimes, how much heart you have and the tremendous will to succeed will outweigh any deficiencies you may have regarding physical size. I'll take a short guy with the will to win and the heart of Banks any day over a tall WR who doesn't have the same drive and determination to win that Banks has any day of the week. I'm pulling for him to have an awesome season. It would make for one helluva success story.

Yeah... that kind of heart is why Rudy had the best sack per play ratio in the history of NCAA football.

I was mad when Notre Dame recruited Justin Tuck... I wanted more Rudy types.

Im starting to think we keep 6 WR's.... Garcon, Moss, Hankerson, Morgan, Banks, and Brisco as a suprise... Raheem Morris saw what we had at WR before he suggested we bring in Brisco to compete. And I would trust Morris's opinion since his DB's go against the WR's every day... Seeing Banks block down field today, and some of the plays Brisco has made lately, Im sold...

Im starting to think we keep 6 WR's.... Garcon, Moss, Hankerson, Morgan, Banks, and Brisco as a suprise... Raheem Morris saw what we had at WR before he suggested we bring in Brisco to compete. And I would trust Morris's opinion since his DB's go against the WR's every day... Seeing Banks block down field today, and some of the plays Brisco has made lately, Im sold...

Who don't we keep at TE then?

Give me three: Davis, Paul, Cooley, Paulsen, Relliford, or Quinn?

I thought Allen already said we were keeping 6 WRs and 4 TEs?

I didn't hear that.

So that leaves 15 spots for OL, HB, FB, and QB if we go 25, 25, and 3 ST...

So basically, we aren't carrying 10 linemen is what he was saying.

1.Davis, 2.Paul, 3.Best blocking tight end by end of camp....

It'll definitely be cooley. One bc it would be a pr nightmare to.cut him but the second reason is that if cooley does get injured there is a very.good chance that the other three would still be available via free agency.

This is how I see the battle...

1.Davis, 2.Paul/Cooley, 3.Paulsen/Relliford/Quinn

This is how I see it going into the season...

1. Davis, 2. Paul, 3. Paulsen

I am with you on this. Though I'd love to see Beau Relliford play a little first. My cousin loved him at FSU. He said they never used TEs in their offense though so he didn't get a lot of play.

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 11:14 PM ----------

It'll definitely be cooley. One bc it would be a pr nightmare to.cut him but the second reason is that if cooley does get injured there is a very.good chance that the other three would still be available via free agency.

Someone would pick Paulsen up. I doubt it would be a PR "nightmare" if Cooley didn't make the squad. It'd be an adjustment, but the fact that he hasn't played much at all the last three seasons is a nice warm up to that reality.

--

No matter what, our third TE needs to be a good blocker for Robert and still have catching ability... I dont think Paulsen has it locked down but I dont see enough footage of the other two to give you an educated guess. As much as we all lke Cooley, I think if Paul can show promise at the position, Cooleys days are numbered. Age/Injuries/Contract.....

I didn't hear that.

So that leaves 15 spots for OL, HB, FB, and QB if we go 25, 25, and 3 ST...

So basically, we aren't carrying 10 linemen is what he was saying.

From Bruce Allen's Chalk Talk in May:

Q: Is Cooley going to stay and be a starting TE?

A: We are expecting to keep 6 WR and 4 TE, whoever proves best at each position will be the starter but we expect it will be a very competitive competition.

No matter what, our third TE needs to be a good blocker for Robert and still have catching ability... I dont think Paulsen has it locked down but I dont see enough footage of the other two to give you an educated guess. As much as we all lke Cooley, I think if Paul can show promise at the position, Cooleys days are numbered. Age/Injuries/Contract.....

Right now Cooley is staying healthy, has occasionally shown some good athleticism, and neither Davis or Paul has separated themselves from each other or from Cooley...

And I'm thinking Shanahan isn't gonna trust RG3's health, safety and development by giving him "promising" players as his main targets and blockers. Paul will have to take the #2 spot from Cooley outright, not just show "promise"...

From Bruce Allen's Chalk Talk in May:

Strong pull, Cali. Thanks! I still hope that isn't true. I'm kind of with HailSkins83.

I would go something like

10 linemen/3 QBs/4 RBs/6 WRs/3 TEs

RBs would be Helu, Royster, Morris, and Young.

Young would also be able to play H-back/TE in a pinch or based on formation.

Yes, I see that I left THT out of the mix.

Archived