Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saturday 8/4: Training Camp Tweets

@dshif

Dan Snyder on RG3: " We're just thrilled with him as a person, and what he stands for...it's exciting for all of Redskins Nation" #Redskins

@dshif

More Snyder: "Everything takes time...and we're just excitited to have [RG3] with Coach Shanahan and everything we're building right now"

@john_keim

#Redskins owner Dan Snyder: " Everything takes time as u guys know. Were excited w/ everything we’ve built...we feel good about the future."

@granthpaulsen

Dan Snyder: "There's a lot of people out here, a lot of great fans. It's been a great day. We're just happy to come out healthy."

‏@granthpaulsen

Dan Snyder actually stopped & spoke to the media for about 90 seconds. Hasn't spoken to the #Redskins' press in more than a year. #Redskins

@granthpaulsen

Mike Shanahan on what he said when he pulled team together after scuffles: "You don't want someone to lose their poise and start swinging."

@granthpaulsen

MikeShanahan: "You love to see guys that are competitive but you can't have guys lose their poise because it will cost you a football game."

@granthpaulsen

Offensive guard Tony Moll on signing with #Redskin: "We were talking to several teams but.. I think this was the right decision."

@granthpaulsen

Tony Moll says he's been in the zone-blocking scheme since college. "It's something that I love and I'm happy to be back running." #Redskins

#Redskins NT Chris Baker dances provocatively in front of kickers to distract them before last kick attempt. Both nail FG. #skinscamp

I heard him get interviewed by Doc Walker when I was on my way to the gym this morning... he seems like he is ready to contribute and has a very good head on his shoulders.

But this is just hilarious...hahaha

Is it me, or does it seem like Brandon Banks has been killing it during camp. I am trying to tell people that this dude can be effective. I know he isn't taking any hits, but I think he can make plays for us outside of special teams. :2cents:

Couldnt agree more. If Banks carries this over during preseason there is no way he doesnt make this team. He has been killing it since camp began. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he makes this team. No doubt.

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 03:25 PM ----------

I curious to see how Banks does in these preseason games when there are other guys out there looking to put a lick on him. He's far exceeded my expectations so far. Hopefully he can keep that up and help this team.

I think he will continue to impress. The guy is just talented, no matter how short he is.

Don't think that provocatively is a proper modifier for any dancing a 300+ lbs man does. It is technically correct.

It can't be any worse than the 400 pound guys who dance in the stands after a TD with no shirt. Shudder......

Seems like this is a different team this year to me. The players seem hungry and committed to the team this year like nothing short of the Super Bowl would satisfy their hunger. Makes me excited as a fan for this year to start if the players are this hungry I see good things in our future. I just hope everyone stays healthy and gives RG3 a chance to learn and make plays. Here's to finally being a contender in the NFL.

HTTR

@Redskins

#Redskins HC Mike Shanahan addresses fans and says this team has more depth and talent than any he's coach in DC #skinscamp

@granthpaulsen

Mike Shanahan to the fans: "I guarantee you, with the depth and competition we have, you're going to be very proud of this team this year."

@dshif

Shanahan just addressed the crowd, players handing out game balls to fans as a gift.

@Redskins

As part of Fan Appreciation Day, all 90 players are handin signed gameday footballs to fans. 110 balls passed out in total. #

There is no way they handed out 110 balls, i was there, the most balls they handed was probably a dozen to 20 balls. Lol

@Rich_Tandler

Saturday #Redskins practice report: Briscoe shows good form. #RedskinsTalk http://bit.ly/OB9tZV

@granthpaulsen

#Redskins quick-hitters: Here's everything you need to know about Saturday's practice. http://tinyurl.com/bwrct5t

@dshif

Niles Paul vs. Markus White, @RGIII 's adjustment period,and more from a lively Fan Appreciation Day At #Redskins Park: http://sbn.to/RmAmme

It can't be any worse than the 400 pound guys who dance in the stands after a TD with no shirt. Shudder......

In either case, I think scary might be more appropriate. But since provocatively basically means in order to provoke in some way, I guess it would be technically right even for your 400 pound friends:)

I dunno. He said we could make the playoffs with John Beck as our quarterback...

Didn't a lot of people? Even people on here said "Give Beck a chance and let him prove he's a starting QB" Well all you had to do was watch his Miami gametape. He's 0-7 with no passing touchdowns for a reason.

Couldnt agree more. If Banks carries this over during preseason there is no way he doesnt make this team. He has been killing it since camp began. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he makes this team. No doubt.

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 03:25 PM ----------

I think he will continue to impress. The guy is just talented, no matter how short he is.

In practice/training camp vs teammates is one thing. Vs opponents that want to do serious damage to you, its something completely different. I fear that he's just a tiny dude thats going to get mauled out there.

@Rich_Tandler

Saturday #Redskins practice report: Briscoe shows good form. #RedskinsTalk http://bit.ly/OB9tZV

"--Gettis did a good job again against Worthington and Adam Carrigan."

Who? :ols:

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 04:10 PM ----------

In practice/training camp vs teammates is one thing. Vs opponents that want to do serious damage to you, its something completely different. I fear that he's just a tiny dude thats going to get mauled out there.

We've been fearing that for two seasons now...hasn't happened.

Do you guys think Briscoe is going to make this team? We have so many WRs competiting I don't know who has the edge

Right now it feels like Austin and Robinson are on the outside looking in, with Banks and Armstrong most likely taking those last two spots. We haven't seen enough of Briscoe to even slightly gauge his chances yet...but he's young (22 years old) and has good physical skills...will be hard to just let him go and just believe that Armstrong won't repeat last season or that Banks' size won't be an issue at WR.

"--Gettis did a good job again against Worthington and Adam Carrigan."

Who? :ols:

---------- Post added August-4th-2012 at 04:10 PM ----------

We've been fearing that for two seasons now...hasn't happened.

exactly...he is talented and sometimes you gotta say **** size and roll the dice. I don't remember him ever being hurt except for like a knee a couple of years ago

Archived