Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Finally Respect LeBron James?

skinsfan07

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

LeBron is an original, just like Durant. They each came into the league without a ceiling.

Fascinating to me how each have elements of former greats in them but they defy comparison. Durant looks so much like Gervin but then is so much more than Gervin. LeBron has elements of MJ, Magic, and Bird in his game coming in the body of Karl Malone.

What we're seeing with those two is truly historic and unprecedented. It's a good time to be an NBA fan. This is going to be a fun decade.

Video from his celebration last night... notice who's on his shirt... real classy. (you can see him at :22 seconds in)

My issue with him is not only how he handles himself, but the fact he should put up even better numbers than he does most nights.

So your mad that hes celebrating because they just won the championship, and because of the shirt he has on? Really? And what do you expect him to put up, 50, 10 and 10 a night?

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 04:04 PM ----------

Agree it was a tough season, but easier for the Heat in the sense they didn't have to face a Derrick Rose led Bulls team.

I dont get why people still use this lame excuse. The same bulls went into the playoffs last season with a better record than the heat, yet they beat them in 5. People need to come up with something new.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

I actually pointed out an entire series.

Yeah 28, 6, and 6. If thats him playing poorly, Ill definitely take it. Common man, get real.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 04:22 PM ----------

This is true. Kobe had 3 titles by the age of 23. Yet we got people saying he's better tan Kobe. Huh? Kobe in his prime > Lebron in his. Lebron didn't even become clutch until this past season and even then he still choked. He's a great player, one of the best to do it, but not in MJ or Kobe territory yet.

Who was the finals MVP in thos three championships? Some dude that averaged what, 35 and 15? Thats a lame argument. Bill russel has 11 championships but michael is still considered the greatest ever.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 04:30 PM ----------

Not too shabby. So the theory of them "sucking" goes out the window.

They did suck... i dont know how people can argue that. The only reason they got as far as they did was because of lebron. LeBron MADE that team.Please tell me, What was their record after he left?

I always did, he just made it difficult for me to like him. Especially me being a bullets fan :doh:

Those game winning, series ending dunks he used to do against us, GD. He's a hard-worker, and yes I am mad he's in my division. All the extra stuff is irrelevant to me at this point. He's not worth hating, though its easy to do and kinda fun sometimes...

He also needed two all stars to get the ring. Before someone mentions Bostons big three keep in mind they didnt say they would win a bunch of championships like lebron. Lebron set the bar high and one ring is hardly close to it. Honesty if Miami hadnt won one with the big 3 at some point it would have been a absolute joke

I respect his game that's it. He definitely set the bar high for himself and needs to live up to it. He thinks he can win more titles than MJ and let's see if he can do that. He put that bulls eye on his back and it will follow him as long as he's in Miami. In addition, if it weren't for the Heat's role players, they wouldn't have been close to a title. Guys like Battier, Miller, Chalmers, and Cole were huge during the Finals. It's not the just the Big 3 that will get them to a title.

[quote name=skinsfan07;9029148

And that's just from the past 2 seasons. He's been doing that his whole career. That turn away fade? Unstoppable. Yeah Lebron will never have the clutch gene that Kobe has in crunch time. Sorry.

Unstoppable?

Heres your "killer" instinct' date=' this from the playoffs two seasons ago, the last time the lakers won.

Gasol bails him out.

Artest bails him out.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 05:41 PM ----------

Both. he didn't have to acknowledge and accept the fame. He could have been boring but he wanted the spotlight

"he could have been boring"

really? who wants to be boring lol

This is true. Kobe had 3 titles by the age of 23. Yet we got people saying he's better tan Kobe. Huh? Kobe in his prime > Lebron in his. Lebron didn't even become clutch until this past season and even then he still choked. He's a great player, one of the best to do it, but not in MJ or Kobe territory yet.

If I'm starting a team from scratch I take LeBron over Kobe ten times out of ten. Not even a contest really. Over MJ, no.

Fuming off the court without shaking hands after the conference finals a few years ago. That comment about "everyone who hates me is still gonna wake up tomorrow morning with their same lives" comment. All these little things just add up to the fact that I think he's a giant bag of douche. .

The hand shaking thing again lol so you must really hate rondo and KG too then right?

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 05:50 PM ----------

I agree. Throw Kobe in there as a master of his craft as well. People kept saying oh well Kobe can't win without Shaq! Guess what he did? Elevated his game to another level as a veteran and won back to back Ships with LA in 08-09 and 09-10. And was MVP of both. Didn't jump ship, even though he could have (remember the speculation about him going to the Clippers?) Lebron is 27 years old and still isn't that mature, and I'm not sure he ever will be. He is an amazing player but in terms of respect, hasn't quite earned it yet.

Dude, you cant compare LA to CLEVELAND. Seriously? Yeah if lebron has pau gasol and andrew bynum, he wouldnt have "jumped ship" either lol. People are getting ridiculous now. Kobe has demanded trades MANY TIMES, why dont you guys acknowledge that? The difference is, when he demanded trades, LA picked up people, like Gasol. So its just a coincidence that the lakers didnt make it in the playoffs or passed the first round without shaq, but then magically they did once they picked up gasol? hmmmm

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 05:55 PM ----------

2 titles. Back to Back. I don't care who you have, that is NOT easy.

I love the contradiction in this thread. People say oh lebron took the easy route and went to miami to play with better players. But when kobe gets lakers management to bring starts to the lakers it changes to, oh but its not easy!!!!!!

:ols::ols::ols:

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 06:01 PM ----------

seriously pot meets kettle. what a dumbass argument

lol have you seen the stuff you post?

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 06:04 PM ----------

27 is generally the beginning of an NBA player's prime and he is a Greek God. So' date=' I'd say he'll be dominant for 7 to 8 years and then settle into a Steve Nashian level until he is 53.[/quote']

Couple that with LeBrons freak of nature athletic ability, and his durability, he may be playing like this for another 10 years

Speaking of Kobe's 3 titles before the age of 23....look at the greatest Finals performances in NBA history (written 6/15, so Lebron wasn't factored in)

2wf1yj4.png

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/FinalsPerformances-1/greatest-finals-performances-no-1

I'll take Lebron over Kobe 100x outta 100. And it's got nothing to do with rings. I think he's a better basketball player.

Speaking of Kobe's 3 titles before the age of 23....look at the greatest Finals performances in NBA history (written 6/15, so Lebron wasn't factored in)

http://i47.tinypic.com/2wf1yj4.png

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/page/FinalsPerformances-1/greatest-finals-performances-no-1

I'll take Lebron over Kobe 100x outta 100. And it's got nothing to do with rings. I think he's a better basketball player.

Woah woah woah, WHERES KOBE?? lol

BTW what was lebrons PER this finals? I cant find it on espn

I'd love to hear your explanation on this....

"Easy" way to a title LOLOLOLOLOL.

MJ didn't join the Pistons. Bird didn't join the Lakers. Magic didn't join the Celtics. Kobe didn't join the Spurs. Those guys wanted to beat you, not join you. He was the best player in the game and he went to a team that already had a superstar and if that wasn't good enough, he brought Bosh along for the ride. He loses points in my book for that.

24-17-5 is one of the most ridiculous things you'll ever here of. Those are almost Wilt Chamberlain-esque. And the Spurs have never been a super pacey team. Wow.

Edit: Also just read that Duncan averaged 5.3 blocks per game that finals. Holy ****.

To me that is the best individual finals performance since the merger. I'll take that out of my big man rather than any of the other performances. You can win a title with no other above replacement pieces with a performance like that. How do we know this is true? Hollinger points out that Duncan pretty much did it alone, and against Kenyon Martin and Mutumbo no less.

I used to hate him during his Cavs days after knocking the Wizards out 3 years in a row, I certainly wouldn't root for Tony Romo sits to pee to finally win a Super Bowl, thats for sure. I loved the decision because that meant more hate was coming his way, and I loved it when he lost vs the Mavs, so much. Then, something happened. I saw his game mature into the most dominant player in the NBA along with the fact that he was the most under control I've ever seen him, emotionally, on the court. I thought he matured and became humble after 8-9 years in the league.

I don't hate him as a basketball player anymore, I simply just enjoy watching him be the best player in the league.

MJ didn't join the Pistons. Bird didn't join the Lakers. Magic didn't join the Celtics. Kobe didn't join the Spurs. Those guys wanted to beat you, not join you. He was the best player in the game and he went to a team that already had a superstar and if that wasn't good enough, he brought Bosh along for the ride. He loses points in my book for that.

They didn't have to.

Magic had Kareem, Worthy, Scott and a host of others.

Larry had McHale, Parrish, DJ and a host of others.

Tim had Robinson, Parker, Ginobli and host of others.

MJ had Pippen, Grant, Rodman, Harper and a host of others.

LBJ had Big Z, Varejao, Jameson, Williams, etal.

(edit- I do have to give much credit to Shaq, as well, for sticking it out in Orlando. Oh, wait.) :)

Archived