Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Finally Respect LeBron James?

skinsfan07

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Great player, still don't like him.

Jordan was a killer. I loved Jordan's attitude and LeBron still seems soft to me. Add to that that he did something which Bird, Jordan or Magic would have never conceived of doing, which was hopping ship to another team when things got rough. LeBron saw an easy way to cut corners and took it.

His desire to be liked and adored by everyone is pathetic.

And now I'll sit here and wait for LKB to tell my why I'm wrong. :rolleyes:;)

Jordan was a killer. I loved Jordan's attitude and LeBron still seems soft to me. Add to that that he did something which Bird, Jordan or Magic would have never conceived of doing, which was hopping ship to another team when things got rough. LeBron saw an easy way to cut corners and took it.

I've been looking for the right words to explain my dislike for Bron and this put it perfectly. Good post.

Has anyone ever actually looked at Kobe's fourth quarter numbers when making that argument?

Numbers aside' date=' can someone name me Kobe's stand-out fourth quarter performances? I don't have a ton of anecdotal evidence that he is this insane "clutch" player.[/quote']

And that's just from the past 2 seasons. He's been doing that his whole career. That turn away fade? Unstoppable. Yeah Lebron will never have the clutch gene that Kobe has in crunch time. Sorry.

Why does everybody act like Jordan did this or that or this? (Add in some filler). He hasn't been relevant in the NBA for 14 years.

There, now we can pretend it already happened.

Did you see his shirt when he was partying with LMFAO after winning?

he refused to play for the Bulls. He said he would have went back to school than play for Chicago if they got the number one pick. I wonder if having Kareem in LA is why he wanted to got there?

Jordan was almost traded to the Clippers in 1988, and wanted to move there but the Bulls did not pull the trigger.

Larry Bird is a bad dad to Corrie Bird.

Also if Bird, Magic, and Jordan were all free agents in 1987 and had a chance to join one team we dont know what would have happened. We have absolutely no idea so its silly to say "they would have never" since the never had the chance. I mean Wilt Chamberlain joined the superstar team in LA in '68.

I was joking with the Horry thing since he had the nickname....

But you explained their situation, but not who they could have gotten. Plenty of teams have done sign and trades. There have been alot of good players traded and signed since 2010. And wow, it's 2012, so if he had have stayed in Cleveland and waited for reinforcements, he might have been lifting the O-Brien with a Cavs uniforn on. But I guess he didn't want to wait to see "if" Cavs management would get him help and I can see that, but Jordan waited for them to continue drafting and signing players.

He waited seven full years in Cleveland, and they were going downhill year after year. In sports terms, that's a lifetime of waiting.

The Bulls added Pippen and Horace Grant in Jordan's 4th year, and from there on they were clearly building to something big (as soon as they could get past the Bad Boy Pistons).

Both. he didn't have to acknowledge and accept the fame. He could have been boring but he wanted the spotlight

I get it, lets just take a crap on the decisions of an 18 year old who was on the cover of Sports Illustrated at 16. Ok, cool, that is totally fair.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 07:32 PM ----------

Has anyone ever actually looked at Kobe's fourth quarter numbers when making that argument?

Numbers aside' date=' can someone name me Kobe's stand-out fourth quarter performances? I don't have a ton of anecdotal evidence that he is this insane "clutch" player.[/quote']

have you looked Jordan's 4th quarter numbers? or Bird's? Or Magic's? Or West's?

They develop that reputation because they arent afraid to take those shots and miss. Lebron was/is more of a playmaker.

April 2010

I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland, and I won't stop until I get it.

July 2010

In this fall...this is very tough...in this fall I'm going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat. I feel like it's going to give me the best opportunity to win and to win for multiple years, and not only just to win in the regular season or just to win five games in a row or three games in a row, I want to be able to win championships. And I feel like I can compete down there.

Add to that that he did something which Bird, Jordan or Magic would have never conceived of doing, which was hopping ship to another team when things got rough. LeBron saw an easy way to cut corners and took it.

We don't know that. Magic joined a team with maybe the greatest center of all time. Bird joined a team that for ten years never had less than four Hall of Famers in the starting lineup. Send Magic to Kansas City in 1980 and tell me what happens after that.

Barkley forced his way out. Wilt forced his way out. Moses forced his way out. Dr. J forced his way out. Walton forced his way out. Kareem forced his way out. Hakeem once tried to force his way out and didn't. Oscar forced his way out.

You want to know something else? If Riley had not replaced Westphal, Magic might have forced his way out of LA in the mid-80s.

I get it, lets just take a crap on the decisions of an 18 year old who was on the cover of Sports Illustrated at 16. Ok, cool, that is totally fair.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 07:32 PM ----------

have you looked Jordan's 4th quarter numbers? or Bird's? Or Magic's? Or West's?

They develop that reputation because they arent afraid to take those shots and miss. Lebron was/is more of a playmaker.

Really, thats a clown question bro. Look at Bryce Harper

I've been looking for the right words to explain my dislike for Bron and this put it perfectly. Good post.

There's a documentary called "More Than A Game" which documents his high school teams ascent and basically how he grew up and rose to the top. IIRC, there was a clip there that talked about how he just wanted to fit in, he just wanted like everyone to like him, etc. His comment about wanting to become a "global icon" when he had barely proved anything was stupid. Nike trying to cover up the tape where Jordan Crawford piped on him was weak. The crying about every call that doesn't go his way, etc. Fuming off the court without shaking hands after the conference finals a few years ago. That comment about "everyone who hates me is still gonna wake up tomorrow morning with their same lives" comment. All these little things just add up to the fact that I think he's a giant bag of douche.

He reminds me of A-Rod in that sense...A-Rod was so calculated and measured, he just wanted to be loved and he wanted everyone to like him and that fakeness shines through. People know when someone is the real deal.

He's a damn good player, I don't think the league will ever see anyone like him again...his size, strength and abilities are unparalleled. However, he doesn't have that attitude that Jordan had. I think Jordan obsessed about his game because that's who he was from the start. I think James finally started obsessing about his game because he finally wanted to get everyone off his back and shut people up. Everyone kept writing this week about the maturation of LeBron this week, there was some article on espn.com about how he's stopped talking, how he's just become more workman-like and worked harder on his game.

Big difference there in attitudes. Jordan stayed with his team, fought like a dog to get his team past the Celtics, Pistons and the Lakers.. LeBron got by on his talent, fought fairly hard to get the Cavs to the finals, jumped ship and cut corners and then couldn't take the criticism so he finally shut the **** up, worked hard and did what Jordan was doing from the moment he stepped into the league.

April 2010

July 2010

April of 2010 = Cavaliers going into the playoffs with a chance to win an NBA title. But then again a poster argued that Lebron should have demanded a trade before the trade deadline that season.

Mark Cuban pwnd Skip Bayless on First Take

it was merciless :ols:

Cuban: "Why did they goto zone, Skip?

Skip: "der, der, get to the basket"

:ols:

Really, thats a clown question bro. Look at Bryce Harper

Bryce Harper, yeah lets ignore the fun Bryce Harper had in the minors last year. That never happened. If Lebron did half the things Bryce did, he would have been crucified. (and thats is with me actually understanding why Bryce acted like he did)

On top of that, Bryce is in the process of trademarking "That's a clown question bro." Maybe there is a better example that you could find.

We don't know that. Magic joined a team with maybe the greatest center of all time. Bird joined a team that for ten years never had less than four Hall of Famers in the starting lineup. Send Magic to Kansas City in 1980 and tell me what happens after that.

Barkley forced his way out. Wilt forced his way out. Moses forced his way out. Dr. J forced his way out. Walton forced his way out. Kareem forced his way out. Hakeem once tried to force his way out and didn't. Oscar forced his way out.

You want to know something else? If Riley had not replaced Westphal' date=' Magic might have forced his way out of LA in the mid-80s.[/quote']

Well here's Bird saying he never would have left Boston: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4689454/simmons-and-bird-talk-nba

Here's Jordan saying he never would have called up Larry and Magic: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/07/jordan-i-wouldnt-have-called-up-larry-and-magic/1#.T-UC8StYu_o

Jordan was trying to beat them, not the other way around.

Yep, Barkley, Wilt, Moses, Dr. J, Walton, Kareem all forced their way out, but I wasn't talking about them. ;)

There's a documentary called "More Than A Game" which documents his high school teams ascent and basically how he grew up and rose to the top. IIRC, there was a clip there that talked about how he just wanted to fit in, he just wanted like everyone to like him, etc. His comment about wanting to become a "global icon" when he had barely proved anything was stupid. Nike trying to cover up the tape where Jordan Crawford piped on him was weak. The crying about every call that doesn't go his way, etc. Fuming off the court without shaking hands after the conference finals a few years ago. That comment about "everyone who hates me is still gonna wake up tomorrow morning with their same lives" comment. All these little things just add up to the fact that I think he's a giant bag of douche.

He reminds me of A-Rod in that sense...A-Rod was so calculated and measured, he just wanted to be loved and he wanted everyone to like him and that fakeness shines through. People know when someone is the real deal.

He's a damn good player, I don't think the league will ever see anyone like him again...his size, strength and abilities are unparalleled. However, he doesn't have that attitude that Jordan had. I think Jordan obsessed about his game because that's who he was from the start. I think James finally started obsessing about his game because he finally wanted to get everyone off his back and shut people up. Everyone kept writing this week about the maturation of LeBron this week, there was some article on espn.com about how he's stopped talking, how he's just become more workman-like and worked harder on his game.

Big difference there in attitudes. Jordan stayed with his team, fought like a dog to get his team past the Celtics, Pistons and the Lakers.. LeBron got by on his talent, fought fairly hard to get the Cavs to the finals, jumped ship and cut corners and then couldn't take the criticism so he finally shut the **** up, worked hard and did what Jordan was doing from the moment he stepped into the league.

I wish Lebron played 18 holes of golf before a playoff game like Jordan did. Or spent a night gambling in Atlantic City before a playoff game like Jordan did.

Lebron is obsessive about his game, idk where you come up with that. You dont get to be as good as he is without being obsessive. And lets not pretend Jordan was an average talent too. :ols:

And Jordan is the very symbol of the fake athlete. Be real here. The biggest corporate whore of a bball player of all time, yet you make it out that he was something else. :ols:

I agree. Throw Kobe in there as a master of his craft as well. People kept saying oh well Kobe can't win without Shaq! Guess what he did? Elevated his game to another level as a veteran and won back to back Ships with LA in 08-09 and 09-10. And was MVP of both. Didn't jump ship, even though he could have (remember the speculation about him going to the Clippers?) Lebron is 27 years old and still isn't that mature, and I'm not sure he ever will be. He is an amazing player but in terms of respect, hasn't quite earned it yet.

Well here's Bird saying he never would have left Boston: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4689454/simmons-and-bird-talk-nba

Here's Jordan saying he never would have called up Larry and Magic: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/07/jordan-i-wouldnt-have-called-up-larry-and-magic/1#.T-UC8StYu_o

Jordan was trying to beat them, not the other way around.

Yep, Barkley, Wilt, Moses, Dr. J, Walton, Kareem all forced their way out, but I wasn't talking about them. ;)

Its easy for Jordan and Bird and Magic to say it now. Magic didnt want to goto Chicago when he was thinking about entering the NBA. Also neither Bird or Magic had struggle like Lebron did. Its not a fair comparison.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 07:48 PM ----------

You want to know something else? If Riley had not replaced Westphal' date=' Magic might have forced his way out of LA in the mid-80s.[/quote']

Westhead, but yea you are right.

. The crying about every call that doesn't go his way, etc.

I watch a lot of NBA games, and I don't see that. LeBron doesn't whine about calls that much.

Jeez, he doesn't compare to Paul Pierce or Kobe Bryant or Pau Gasol or even Tim Duncan (class act, but he works the refs like hell).

Nevermind you are worthless to respond too. You are so up his ass that you can't even take someone's opinion.

Im actually not up anyone's ass. Ive grown to appreciate Lebron and have brought up examples to counter your points.

You got mad and werent able to come up with something to counter my points, so you decided to just go ad hominem.

Maybe this discussion isnt for you. Cheers :wave:

Archived