Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Finally Respect LeBron James?

skinsfan07

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

hey buddy, how are you?

My comments were about Dwight teh player and how he handled the situation in Orlando. Nothing in my post said I dislike or hate Lebron like you guys did over comments he made as an 18 year old.

skinfan2k walking around like he never made a mistake in his life, especially as a kid so he can judge Lebron and you Lebron haters are ok with that.. Only on Extreme Skins:ols:

i'm good, but i don't think you're doing so well.

you can't say:

I look at athletes as athletes based on what they do on the court. I dont speak on their personality without having met them. Something about not judging a book by its cover, innit?

and then call dudes stupid or bamas based on interviews or your outside perception of their actions.

and how he handled the situation in orlando isn't on the court, do you really not get that you are contradicting yourself with every post you make now?

i said nothing about not liking lebron for comments he made when he was 18, i don't like him for what he did 2 years ago.

i'm good, but i don't think you're doing so well.

you can't say:

good to hear, im fine. I think im doing well.

and then call dudes stupid or bamas based on interviews or your outside perception of their actions.

and how he handled the situation in orlando isn't on the court, do you really not get that you are contradicting yourself with every post you make now?

i said nothing about not liking lebron for comments he made when he was 18, i don't like him for what he did 2 years ago.

because Dwight Howard is a bama. :ols:

And he is stupid for not wanting to play in Chicago where he has a great chance at winning an NBA title but instead going to Brooklyn.

And how Dwight handled the situation in Orlando this year directly relates to him on the court. Him being an unfunny bama has nothing to do with his on the court performance and ultimately it means absolutely nothing about him as a player. Howard wanting to play in Brooklyn but being wishy washy and now when he goes to Brooklyn its going to be a bad team around him has a lot of effect on how he does on the court.

That and he still doesnt have a reliable post move. You could make an argument that Dwight isnt very obsessive about the game and lets his athleticism carry him over. I dont feel you can say the same about Lebron, ever in his career.

Someone else actually had an argument against Dwight based on his baby moms and how he changed from being an 18 year old to now. Me? I dont care about that stuff.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 10:14 PM ----------

is my life under a microscope? nope. Every single thing Lebron has done since 7th grade will be looked under a microscope, clown

thats because your poo dont stink and you told everyone that earlier. Its probably not true, and you just suggested it isnt here.

And calling me a clown? look buddy, thats not very nice of you.

no, my real critique is based on his game, which my posts were about.
Didn't you just admit that you called Dwight an "unfunny bama" based on his interviews?
Many posts on here are hating Lebron based on what he said as an 18 year old.
LeBron was 25 when he made "The Decision."

I like corny humor, and I like Dwight Howard. I don't like Lebron James. I like Shaq. I don't like Kobe. I like Charles Barkley when he's making fun of Shaq, and when he's making fun of Dwight.

I respect LeBron James. He is the best player in the NBA today.

I don't know any of these guys personally, but I like and dislike them in the same way that I like the Redskins and dislike the Cowboys. I am a fan. I root for and against teams and players. Isn't that part of what watching sports is all about?

Didn't you just admit that you called Dwight an "unfunny bama" based on his interviews?

yes, but that doesnt mean I dislike him. Him being an unfunny bama doesnt effect my view of him as a player.

I also just realized you didnt use my entire post in your statement:

Imma bigger Kobe fan than Lebron. I been fighting the Kobe wars since the mid 90s when people ere upset at him for looking like Michael Jordan. I dislike Dwight much more than I ever had for Lebron.

He is a corny guy from the jump. Completely unfunny and just a straight up bamma. He is the worst "best big man in the NBA" probably ever. His only move is that terrible running hook. He isnt a winner either, I feel he is more concerned about flexing his muscles than actually winning games. Since he is the worst "best big man in the NBA" ever, you cannot win a championship with him as the #1 option. Its just not possible, imo.

With Lebron, it was because of how he dominated the Wizards and got away with murder all those years. Then I questioned how much he wanted to be the guy since he moved to Miami, but that all changed over this season for me. I let go of all the animosity I had towards Lebron and just appreciated how he played even when Miami were struggling post all star break (it may have been that night, when media types were critical of Lebron for passing in the ASG, ffs). With Dwight, he is just a bamma and a guy you cant win with as your #1 guy. All the stuff with the baby mothers (altho getting a court decision to not allow the one chick to not say his name in public is the boss move of boss moves) I dont care about. On the court he is a bamma, and his cornines off the court in interviews is oft-putting.

LeBron was 25 when he made "The Decision."

I added that in my post. You probably missed that.

I like corny humor, and I like Dwight Howard.

ah, it all makes sense now. Apologies, I hurt your sensibilities.

I don't know any of these guys personally, but I like and dislike them in the same way that I like the Redskins and dislike the Cowboys. I am a fan. I root for and against teams and players. Isn't that part of what watching sports is all about?

you dislike/like the teams and what they do on the field.

I dont have a problem with rooting for or against players, and I never said that. The issue I have is when you start attacking the person off the field. I call friend and fam bammas all the time, but its in jest. I dislike players on the court/field as well. I thought Karl Malone was the dirtiest, nastiest, and one of the most overrated players ever and that was before I found out about him hunting for "Lil mexican Wimmen" him being an absentee dad (the one thing that does piss me off because that hits close) and impregnating a 13 year old girl when he was 20. But using stuff that someone said they were 18 against them and pretending that they never did anything bad at 18 is terrible, imo. The Decision sucked, but it was 2 years ago. Idk, I just dont feel the need to beat him up over it anymore. If you want to, fine but its over for me.

yes, but that doesnt mean I dislike him. Him being an unfunny bama doesnt effect my view of him as a player.

I also just realized you didnt use my entire post in your statement:

You find Dwight's corniness off-putting. Other people find LeBron's arrogance off-putting.
ah, it all makes sense now. Apologies, I hurt your sensibilities.
Why are you apologizing to me? I don't care what you think about Dwight Howard. You shouldn't care what I think about LeBron James.
you dislike/like the teams and what they do on the field.
I also dislike/like them for what they do off the field. I don't like Romo sits to pee posing with Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood. I like that RGIII is engaged to his college sweetheart.
I dont have a problem with rooting for or against players, and I never said that. The issue I have is when you start attacking the person off the field.
Why do you have a problem with that? These are celebrities, and LeBron himself has said it's not just about basketball, it's about building a brand, and that includes off the field stuff. I'm going to root for athletes who have personalities that I can identify with, and I'll root against those I can't identify with. I think you are the same way, and so are most other sports fans. Why do you care so much that people don't like LeBron James?

Why do you care so much that I dont care about what he does off the court? (especially since its harmless when you think about other things athletes have done)
I don't care that you like LeBron. I do care that you are telling the rest of us that we're not allowed to dislike LeBron based on his actions off the court.

27 is generally the beginning of an NBA player's prime and he is a Greek God. So' date=' I'd say he'll be dominant for 7 to 8 years and then settle into a Steve Nashian level until he is 53.[/quote']

Bill Simmons wrote an article today where he wonders if the "not one, not two..." moment is going to go from being one of the funniest and easiest to mock videos on the internet to being horrifyingly prophetic.

Right now, Durant and Westbrook are the only things that are a safe bet to stop him, and maybe not for a while.

Or maybe something crazy happens in the summer of 2014 when the FA crop will be so thick it could transform the landscape of the league again. Maybe LeBron and Bosh aren't playing for Miami any more by that point.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 01:52 AM ----------

I still think LeBron is soft in comparison.

That speaks to LeBron's favor then. Michael Jordan is a tremendous piece of **** as a person and quite possibly has some sort of severe personality disorder. The HoF induction speech? Ugh. The hundreds of stories of people who got to meet the real Michael Jordan one day and listen to him cuss them out and berate total strangers for no reason other than he seems to get off on being vicious and petty?

Compared to MJ, everyone would be considered soft I guess. Because most NBA players are not sociopaths.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 01:54 AM ----------

When you read the title of the thread with the answers it almost implies I didn't before. Just figured there should've been a third option.

It does imply exactly that.

It's not exactly the most scientific of polls.

All James hate aside for a second from me, but I don't think his prime is going to last for more than 5 years at most. He is a HUGE dude who has a lot of wear and tear on his body and it will take a toll on him IMO sooner rather than later. I could be wrong here, but that's my gut feeling.

What's sad about Kobe/Shaq is that they could have EASILY had more than 3 titles if either one of them had an ounce of selflessness and less ego.

I'm glad they didn't get along. Basketball really sucked for me at that point.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 02:04 AM ----------

All James hate aside for a second from me, but I don't think his prime is going to last for more than 5 years at most. He is a HUGE dude who has a lot of wear and tear on his body and it will take a toll on him IMO sooner rather than later. I could be wrong here, but that's my gut feeling.

He's got a post game, highly effective face up game, is a terrific passer, and has one of the highest basketball IQs in the game. He's also an authentic athletic genius with a rare physique. He's going to be a tremendous player for a very long time.

I'm glad they didn't get along. Basketball really sucked for me at that point.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 02:04 AM ----------

He's got a post game, highly effective face up game, is a terrific passer, and has one of the highest basketball IQs in the game. He's also an authentic athletic genius with a rare physique. He's going to be a tremendous player for a very long time.

I respectfully disagree. The man plays a LOT of ball and a human body can only take so much especially considering his size. I'm not a psychic so obviously I don't know for sure, but I think he will have a sharp decline and it's going to shock people.

**** no

1. The Decision

2. Labeling himself "KIng James" from the jump

3. Threatening to sue if the Jordan Crawford tape leaked

4. Threatening to sue if anyone covered Delonte West banging his mom

5. Traveling to beat the Wizards

Yeah, he's a good player but **** him as a person. He wants the world to feel sorry for him even though he has everything in life. **** him

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 04:25 AM ----------

He's an amazing ball player...yay hooray!!! That doesn't mean I have to like/respect/tolerate his ass. Thankfully, he is maturing but he is still that "feel sorry for me please" kid deep down. But yeah, he's an amazing athlete so let's just forgive him. no. Jordan was a douche I know. But I admire him because he didn't make excuses. Neither did Kobe. Douche as well.

5. Traveling to beat the Wizards

here is the real reason for the lebron hate here.

let's face it folks. the wizards are a ****ty franchise. almost always have been. hopefully won't always be, but it's not turning around any time soon.

that was the best team they've had in 40 years. those series weren't even competitive...it certainly wasn't decided on a few no-calls on possible travels.

I respectfully disagree. The man plays a LOT of ball and a human body can only take so much especially considering his size. I'm not a psychic so obviously I don't know for sure, but I think he will have a sharp decline and it's going to shock people.

How do you figure? Kobe has WAY more miles on his legs and still plays at a very high level. This is where you see guys with high b-ball IQs separate themselves from their peers as they get older. They no longer have to rely on athleticism that they had while younger and can get by off of out-thinking an opponent. What people dont realize is that Lebron can EASILY make the transition to PF as he enters his 30s. He's got many more good years of basketball ahead of him i he can stay healthy

I can see that argument in theory. I see no evidence of that in reality. He has played ungodly minutes the last two playoffs and the only impact we've seen is two minutes worth of leg cramps.

Karl Malone was a physical monster too. He was in Utah for 18 years. He played 80+ games in 17 of those and never slipped below 20 ppg. A big money with a lot of muscle could put wear or tear on your knees or it could protect you from wear and tear.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 08:07 AM ----------

here is the real reason for the lebron hate here.

let's face it folks. the wizards are a ****ty franchise. almost always have been. hopefully won't always be, but it's not turning around any time soon.

that was the best team they've had in 40 years. those series weren't even competitive...it certainly wasn't decided on a few no-calls on possible travels.

I doubt Lebron even remembers those series. His teams beat the Wizards three times. In those 3 years, the Wizards won a total of 4 games.

DC sports fans have a real tendency to do this. Just look at the Caps' fans in regards to the Penguins. The Penguins and Caps have played 50 times in the playoffs, and I think the Pens have won 48 of those series (my math may be off). Generally, these have been first round series. Somehow, this has morphed into the Penguins being the team that has kept the Caps from winning the Stanley Cup. Moreover, this has grown into a league-wide conspiracy that sees the league office favoring the Penguins. I suppose this in order to protect that massive Pittsburgh tv market.

DC teams have rivalries with all-time great players that the all-time greats do not know exist. It reminds me of an obsession a 16 year old might have with the Homecoming queen.

PS

There is an element of this in the Skins-Cowboys rivalry. Skins' fans are clearly more invested in that one though the Cowboys' fans do at least acknowledge its existence and accept that that Skins' are a rival.

Archived