Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Finally Respect LeBron James?

skinsfan07

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So because he wants to be liked he is hated more than those real douchebags?

I don't know if he's hated more than Vick was.

But look at the names that Predicto threw out there. Big Ben is a really good QB, but not the best. Same with Vick...and even at Vick's peak, he probably wasn't the best QB in the game. Suh plays for a market that no one really cares about on a team that no one really cares about. AJ Pierzinski is a name you'd know if you were a big baseball fan and Nascar, despite having a giant fan base, still isn't mainstream enough for anyone to care about Kurt Busch.

We've known about LeBron since he was 16...he's been hyped since then and he's lived up to expectations. People have tracked his every move...remember the Hummer he got in high school and what a fiasco that was?

There's a bigger microscope on him than those real douchebags. But LeBron has had all these little incidents throughout his career that make people just not like him. I respect him as a basketball player, but as a person I just don't like him.

Are you forgetting Bill Cartwright? The 7'1" center on the first 3 of the Jordan's Bulls championship teams?

The Bulls lost to Orlando in 1995 because they didnt have a true big man.

People forget about these things because Jordan won 6 rings.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 08:38 PM ----------

It's because he so desperately wants to be liked. He's like that kid in school who so desperately tries to hang out with the cool kids instead of just being himself.

I always wonder why Lebron is like this? I wonder if being moved around as a kid and his mom not being there affected this.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 08:39 PM ----------

There's a bigger microscope on him than those real douchebags. But LeBron has had all these little incidents throughout his career that make people just not like him. I respect him as a basketball player, but as a person I just don't like him.

and yet you have never had a conversation with Lebron.

Are you forgetting Bill Cartwright? The 7'1" center on the first 3 of the Jordan's Bulls championship teams?

Cartwright was old then. He wasn't nearly as good as anyone like David Robinson, Hakeem...hell, he wasn't even as good as Bill Laimbeer from a ppg/rpg average perspective. Jordan DID have centers on his teams...just not big impact ones.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2012 at 12:41 AM ----------

The Bulls lost to Orlando in 1995 because they didnt have a true big man.

People forget about these things because Jordan won 6 rings.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 08:38 PM ----------

I always wonder why Lebron is like this? I wonder if being moved around as a kid and his mom not being there affected this.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 08:39 PM ----------

and yet you have never had a conversation with Lebron.

The Bulls lost to Orlando in 95 because Jordan came back partway through the season and played 17 games before the playoffs.

Nope, never had a conversation with LeBron but I don't like him. So? I'm sure there's an athlete out there you don't like but haven't spent quality time with. Great argument. I didn't know I'm not allowed to not like athletes I've never had conversations with.

We also tend to forget this guy never knew his father and his mom wasn't really around for a while. I'm going to take a shot in the dark here, but I think that would affect a lot of people. Maybe that is why he wants to be liked because it might have been void in his early life with no father and a mother that was absent. It is a miracle the way he has actually turned out with all the attention he has had from the media and people since he was 16. Like I've said before and others have pointed out, he hasn't been in trouble off the court. With all that attention and money, he is pretty low key compared to some of the other athletes. Yes, the decision was a bad idea and I'm pretty sure everyone would agree with that. I'm not going to hold anything against him as everyone makes mistakes and he has acknowledged his mistakes. We have to remember he is only 27 and been in the league 9 years.

LOL...Longley and Wellington actually got some minutes

Not too many. The Heat played a small lineup... as did the Bulls back in the day... and the Pistons before them. The key is to have a couple of other great players around your superstar. It is not necessarily to have great big men. Jordan had great teammates, Kobe had them, Bird and Magic had them....

and now that LeBron has them, he has a ring too.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 05:56 PM ----------

Longley and Wellington didn't have the luxury of playing next to Chris Bosh on the frontcourt. So yeah, they were better.

Horace Grant and Charles Oakley were both excellent players.

April of 2010 = Cavaliers going into the playoffs with a chance to win an NBA title. But then again a poster argued that Lebron should have demanded a trade before the trade deadline that season.

i know that in this day and age there's no more "playing for the home team," but that whole situation kind of irked me.

i met him one time at OSU, the place he could have played his college ball at.

anyway, between leaving cleveland, the bragadocious nature in which he arrived at miami (and consequently the bandwagon fans don't help me like him), and his frontrunning fanhood i don't like the guy.

doesn't mean he isn't probably the best physically gifted basketball player i've ever seen, just means i don't like him.

The Bulls lost to Orlando in 95 because Jordan came back partway through the season and played 17 games before the playoffs.

Jordan averaged 31 points in that postseason.on almost 50% shooting. His FG% and True Shooting percentage were never that high again in the postseason.

He never averaged as much again in the postseason

The Bulls lost to Orlando because Grant and Shaq got busy on the boards.

Nope, never had a conversation with LeBron but I don't like him. So? I'm sure there's an athlete out there you don't like but haven't spent quality time with. Great argument. I didn't know I'm not allowed to not like athletes I've never had conversations with.

I look at athletes as athletes based on what they do on the court. I dont speak on their personality without having met them. Something about not judging a book by its cover, innit?

I look at athletes as athletes based on what they do on the court. I dont speak on their personality without having met them. Something about not judging a book by its cover, innit?
Have you met Dwight Howard?
Dwight's too stupid to goto Chicago. Dont think they have the cap room anyway.
http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?359125-2011-NBA-Thread.-(The-Heat-Are-The-2011-12-NBA-Champs)&p=9026364&viewfull=1#post9026364
Imma bigger Kobe fan than Lebron. I been fighting the Kobe wars since the mid 90s when people ere upset at him for looking like Michael Jordan. I dislike Dwight much more than I ever had for Lebron.

He is a corny guy from the jump. Completely unfunny and just a straight up bamma. He is the worst "best big man in the NBA" probably ever. His only move is that terrible running hook. He isnt a winner either, I feel he is more concerned about flexing his muscles than actually winning games. Since he is the worst "best big man in the NBA" ever, you cannot win a championship with him as the #1 option. Its just not possible, imo.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?359125-2011-NBA-Thread.-(The-Heat-Are-The-2011-12-NBA-Champs)&p=9026364&viewfull=1#post9026364

he is an unfunny bama, but I dont hate the guy as a person. I dislike him as a player.

I dont know him as a person. I actually mentioned that in an earlier rant I had about Dwight which you chose not to quote.

he is an unfunny bama, but I dont hate the guy as a person. I dislike him as a player.

I dont know him as a person. I actually mentioned that in an earlier rant I had about Dwight which you chose not to quote.

How do you know he is an unfunny bama? And what does being an unfunny bama have to do with Dwight Howard as a player?

How do you know he is an unfunny bama? And what does being an unfunny bama have to do with Dwight Howard as a player?

he has unfunny bamma moments in his interviews where he does corny impersonations and smiles like a jackass. :ols:

I dont dislike Dwight the person tho, but he is a corny guy based on his interviews.

My real critiques of him are as a player.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 09:56 PM ----------

seriously pot meets kettle. what a dumbass argument

nah, im consistent and you are still mad.

see, that's the problem with making holier than thou statements on a message board that saves your old comments.

doesn't take long for someone to look and throw it at you so everyone can see how full of **** you really are.

nice work djtj.

he has unfunny bamma moments in his interviews where he does corny impersonations and smiles like a jackass. :ols:

I dont dislike Dwight the person tho, but he is a corny guy based on his interviews.

My real critiques of him are as a player.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 09:56 PM ----------

nah, im consistent and you are still mad.

consistently looking like an idiot and i love it

consistently looking like an idiot and i love it

Im failing to see where I said I dislike Dwight Howard the person? Find the post? I said he is corny and a bama, and its based on his interviews but I dont dislike him. And you are still very mad.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 10:01 PM ----------

see, that's the problem with making holier than thou statements on a message board that saves your old comments.

doesn't take long for someone to look and throw it at you so everyone can see how full of **** you really are.

nice work djtj.

hey buddy, how are you?

My comments were about Dwight teh player and how he handled the situation in Orlando. Nothing in my post said I dislike or hate Lebron like you guys did over comments he made as an 18 year old.

skinfan2k walking around like he never made a mistake in his life, especially as a kid so he can judge Lebron and you Lebron haters are ok with that.. Only on Extreme Skins:ols:

Im failing to see where I said I dislike Dwight Howard the person? Find the post? I said he is corny and a bama, and its based on his interviews but I dont dislike him. And you are still very mad.

no one is talking about disliking the person. They are talking about the athlete. You have awesome reading comprehension skills

I dont dislike Dwight tho, but he is a corny guy based on his interviews.

So your opinion of Howard is just based on his interviews? Isn't that what people are telling you about LeBron? They think he is arrogant and don't like him based on his interviews.

no one is talking about disliking the person. They are talking about the athlete. You have awesome reading comprehension skills

you havent been following this thread, that has been the gist of these arguments against Lebron.

So your opinion of Howard is just based on his interviews? Isn't that what people are telling you about LeBron? They think he is arrogant and don't like him based on his interviews.

no, my real critique is based on his game, which my posts were mostly about. he is the worst "best big man in the game" probably in the league's history. Him being unfunny, corny, and a bama is my view of him because he is overly goofy. I also dont believe he is serious about winning an NBA title.

Many posts on here are hating Lebron based on what he said as an 18 year old and The Decision.

Archived