Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Finally Respect LeBron James?

skinsfan07

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is the epitome of Duncan's career. Duncan is one of the best players ever. Player, not PF. He's always understated because he doesn't run his mouth. He has multiple MVP's, is one of the best defensive players ever, gave you well over 20 ppg and was a phenomenal rebounder. Complete player. I'd probably say best player of the 2000s except for Kobe (only because of his fifth ring he won in 09).

Exactly. He never gets any credit, yet you don't here him complain about it, so people just don't care about him.

Holy cow. A basketball celebrity worth a hundred million dollars has a large entourage? Knock me over with a feather.

That's a bit more than a large entourage. The photographer wasn't allowed to speak to Lebron directly... personal DJ arrived early to play music for Lebron's duration at a photo shoot?

Yes, let's bring up a ridiculous photoshoot from 2 years ago. Hopefully someone can find something from this year where he beat up a cab driver (or something along those lines) .

Sorry, LeBron is a choir boy and he is the best of the best of the best!

I can see that. Perfect example, Tim Duncan. Dude has 4 rings and has been one of the best PFs in the NBA over the last decade, yet no one talks about him.

Plenty has been written about Duncan's greatness. Plenty of sports writers did their job in covering him and acknowledging how masterful he was early decade.

Duncan has been quiet in the public consciousness because Duncan chooses to be. He doesn't do endorsements or public appearances. He almost never does private interviews. He almost never says anything of note in post game interviews. He's a low key family man that spends all of his free time at home, out of the public eye. He does not want to be a celebrity.

But he's not underappreciated by basketball fans.

Yes, let's bring up a ridiculous photoshoot from 2 years ago. Hopefully someone can find something from this year where he beat up a cab driver (or something along those lines) .

Didn't you say yourself you dislike Lebron James until he came to Miami?

Naw, that is as close to a fact as it can get without it being true. Did you not see the playoffs this year? Nobody was stopping Lebron this year. The due was a freaking animal....

I agree. I also think people are going to revise history to say this wasn't hard for the Heat because the Bulls lost in the first round. Anyone who claims that didn't watch the Indy or Boston series though. Nevermind the fact the Thunder were actually favored going into the finals and looked like the more talented team for four of the five games.

If I was worth a hundred mil, I'd have a live band follow me around to play music.

FreeCreditReport.com guys would eventually betray you.

Best to have someone right a song about you like they did Blake Griffin

Are you Blake Griffinnin?

I agree. I also think people are going to revise history to say this wasn't hard for the Heat because the Bulls lost in the first round. Anyone who claims that didn't watch the Indy or Boston series though. Nevermind the fact the Thunder were actually favored going into the finals and looked like the more talented team for four of the five games.

I know the point is mute now, but if a couple of plays went in favor of the Thunder in games two, three, and four, we could be getting ready for a game six on Sunday Night. But nonetheless, it's over.

Naw, that is as close to a fact as it can get without it being true. Did you not see the playoffs this year? Nobody was stopping Lebron this year. The due was a freaking animal....

This is false. He didn't look that good vs NY. Add that to the fact game 2 vs the Celtics he looked awful and the Heat were handed that game by terrible officiating (as he has been babied by them the entire playoffs). Boston had that series wrapped up.

This is false. He didn't look that good vs NY. Add that to the fact game 2 vs the Celtics he looked awful and the Heat were handed that game by terrible officiating (as he has been babied by them the entire playoffs). Boston had that series wrapped up.

They played 23 games, you pointed out two...

And if you had tits and a tiara you'd be queen of England. Jeezus, give it up dude.

Not my fault they are d-bags.

I would have agreed with that in 1999.

I think the league right now is filled with incredibly talented dudes who play their balls off and seem to be making an effort to being good citizens.

There are still the occasional Artest elbows to the head, but I enjoy a small element of that.

There are probably as many "bad dudes" in the league right now as certain teams had ten years ago.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 10:26 AM ----------

Plenty has been written about Duncan's greatness. Plenty of sports writers did their job in covering him and acknowledging how masterful he was early decade.

Duncan has been quiet in the public consciousness because Duncan chooses to be. He doesn't do endorsements or public appearances. He almost never does private interviews. He almost never says anything of note in post game interviews. He's a low key family man that spends all of his free time at home, out of the public eye. He does not want to be a celebrity.

But he's not underappreciated by basketball fans.

He's also apparently a geek. His hobbies are paint ball and action figures.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 10:29 AM ----------

That's a bit more than a large entourage. The photographer wasn't allowed to speak to Lebron directly... personal DJ arrived early to play music for Lebron's duration at a photo shoot?

That actually seems like a decent idea. Photo shoots suck and take forever, but you need to look cool and relaxed during them. I would definitely hire Biz Markie to come to mine.

They played 23 games, you pointed out two...

I actually pointed out an entire series.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 11:30 AM ----------

And if you had tits and a tiara you'd be queen of England. Jeezus, give it up dude.

Give what up exactly?

Aside from Lebron, the other guy I feel good for is Bosh. Last year, people completely forgot that he was the fourth or fifth best player on the 2008 Olympic Team and a perennial all-star. During that Boston series, everyone realized "Whoa...that guy is really really good." For most of that series, Lebron was playing a focussed and tested Celtics team with no Bosh and a Wade who seemed to be on Mars mentally.

I actually pointed out an entire series.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 11:30 AM ----------

Give what up exactly?

Fine, six games. And lets face it, he didn't really need to look good versus the Knicks.

Dude, face it, I don't like Lebron probably as much as you do, but the man was a beast in the playoffs. The only person that probably dominated the way he did is Jordan.

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 11:34 AM ----------

Aside from Lebron' date=' the other guy I feel good for is Bosh. Last year, people completely forgot that he was the fourth or fifth best player on the 2008 Olympic Team and a perennial all-star. During that Boston series, everyone realized "Whoa...that guy is really really good." For most of that series, Lebron was playing a focussed and tested Celtics team with no Bosh and a Wade who seemed to be on Mars mentally.[/quote']

Without Bosh last year, the Mavs would have swept the Heat. Last year's Finals is when I realized Bosh was a beast.

Archived