Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Finally Respect LeBron James?

skinsfan07

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

so what has he done off the court? the decision?

what has he done on the court? dominate?

Off the court....from everything I read, seems like a douche.

On the court, he has his moments....checking stat lines, he doesn't seem to dominate. MVP of the finals, but I don't think he dominated.

Off the court....from everything I read, seems like a douche.

On the court, he has his moments....checking stat lines, he doesn't seem to dominate. MVP of the finals, but I don't think he dominated.

lebron just had one of the best statistical playoffs in nba history, with a triple double in the finale. what else does he need to do for you?

I think he's active in the community but pretty much all NBA players are required to do that, so idk outside of that what he's done.

the fact that we don't know is probably a good thing. we're pretty aware of what a lot of stars do....and it's often not good.

lebron just had one of the best statistical playoffs in nba history, with a triple double in the finale. what else does he need to do for you?

the fact that we don't know is probably a good thing. we're pretty aware of what a lot of stars do....and it's often not good.

Again, you point out 1 game. How about season?

The fact that we hear nothing isn't necessarily a good thing either.

As a player he's one of the best don't get m wrong, but you need more then that for respect.

Dan Marino never had a ring, does that mean you don't respect him?

---------- Post added June-22nd-2012 at 07:12 AM ----------

Lol not a hater...just a realist ;)

And I wish I had that car when I was a kid....although I did have a green machine...couldn't pop wheelies with it tho.

I guess it depends what do you mean by "respect"

Some people use it interchangebly with admire, like, or positively acknowledge.

I certainly admire his basketball prowess. He was impressive this series.

I still don't like him... memories linger of the immature selfish brat who seemed the epitome of the spoiled superstar who expects the world to kneel to him. Last year wasn't that long ago. Respect is a two way street... and Lebron showed a lack of respect for the fans of his sport. He is over-important in his mind.

It seems like this year his drive and determination meshed with his physical ability... so, I respect his performance. Do I still think he gets the NBA's legendary star treatment as far as the refs are concerned. I do.

Again, you point out 1 game. How about season?

The fact that we hear nothing isn't necessarily a good thing either.

As a player he's one of the best don't get m wrong, but you need more then that for respect.

Dan Marino never had a ring, does that mean you don't respect him?

How about the season? He was the league MVP by FAR! He has lived up to everything that was expected of him and hes not out there getting DWI's, beating the crap out of his wife or anything else. I just dont understand how anyone other than them being a hater could not respect what this guy does.

He has lived up to everything that was expected of him.

Nah, if that were the case he'd have at least six championships by now. He has begun to deliver on the promise expected of him. This is only one. He isn't in Michael territory yet or even Kobe.

Nah, if that were the case he'd have at least six championships by now. He has begun to deliver on the promise expected of him. This is only one. He isn't in Michael territory yet or even Kobe.

Do you know who wasn't in Michael territory when he was 27? Michael Jordan. (Seriously, why do people think Jordan entered the league and immediately started winning titles?)

Do you know what Kobe was doing at age 27? Trying to fix his image after being accused of sexual assault and chasing Shaq and Phil out of LA.

He's good. Really good. Seems Ro have matured a lot too this year.

I'll never be a fan of his, but he's a nightmare on the court and seems to be a lot more grounded now. Respect.

Of course, it took him joining two other all-stars to get a ring. That was a joke....

Do you know who wasn't in Michael territory when he was 27? Michael Jordan. (Seriously' date=' why do people think Jordan entered the league and immediately started winning titles?)

Do you know what Kobe was doing at age 27? Trying to fix his image after being accused of sexual assault and chasing Shaq and Phil out of LA.[/quote']

Yeah, but Lebron came in after High School. Michael came in as a junior (I think). So James had a three year head start, no?

Kobe had already won a couple of championships with Shaq. Agreed about his personal flaws being a bigger deal than Lebron's at their respective stages.

He also needed two all stars to get the ring. Before someone mentions Bostons big three keep in mind they didnt say they would win a bunch of championships like lebron. Lebron set the bar high and one ring is hardly close to it. Honesty if Miami hadnt won one with the big 3 at some point it would have been a absolute joke

It was a tremendous personal failing of Lebron to not play on a team with one of the five best centers ever. He really needs to look into a mirror.

Sorry LKB, that's really weak when trying to justify respect for Lebron's win since he needed to abandon ship and recruit an all star team himself. Kobe did earlier. He did it more often. The fact that neither did it in isolation hardly makes Lebron more respectable. What he did and more, how he treated Cleveland was downright ****ty. Kobe, as you correctly point out, also had HUGE personal failings of Biblical proportions... nontheless, both Michael and Kobe won earlier in their respective careers. So, one at this point in Lebron's career is not meeting the expectations set aside for the Chosen One, King James.

Archived