Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm Sick of FaceBook. Seriously, sick of seeing those stupid "f" things everywhere

The Curious One

I don't have a facebook account. No myspace or tweets, twits, twoots twuts or any other "tw" word you can think of.

It's insidious. and a waste of time. How many "facebook" hours are wasted?

plus companies and corporations having facey spaces. "Log in with your facebook account" Like us on facebook." Visit our facebook page and friend us, so we can spam you with commericals, ads, and who knows what else.

Post your every move so anyone can see it. If you can't post it, tweety it! You never know, you might post or tweet something to everyone that you meant only for a select few. Nevermind the faulty privacy settings, just go ahead, tell us everything you do, all day long, and see how many "friends" you can get! It's fun! it's easy!

I'm sick of seeing it every freaking where. :tantrum:

Thing that gets to me, about having an "f" on every page, is that what that "f" means is "the owner of this web page just notified Facebook that you visited this page. Facebook is collecting the fact that you visited this page so that they can sell the information that they covertly gathered about you, to anybody they feel like. The owner of this page sends this information about you, to facebook, without your permission, either, because Facebook gives us a really trivial amount of money.".

You are aware that Twitter gets news before ESPN and CNN

Twitter is basically the way to get news now, you are outdated and getting news late if you are getting it through TV. It's not "Breaking News' when CNN butts in, it's been broken via Twitter several minutes before.

Of course,with many,many sites out there,there's also the blue bird or T,the G for Google,and sometimes other symbols there. Might as well get used to it. They,or something similar look to be sticking around for awhile.

Thing that gets to me, about having an "f" on every page, is that what that "f" means is "the owner of this web page just notified Facebook that you visited this page. Facebook is collecting the fact that you visited this page so that they can sell the information that they covertly gathered about you, to anybody they feel like. The owner of this page sends this information about you, to facebook, without your permission, either, because Facebook gives us a really trivial amount of money.".

And for that people get the ability to show their friends something they liked.

Granted, most of the time that's a pretty stupid picture of some lolCat or a moronic meme explaining their rage for the day.. but in terms of business, it's a pretty cool tool.

An interior designer who's website I manage has me put like buttons all over all her photos and everything. She gets a lot of traffic from people saying they saw something or other of hers on someone's facebook page.

There's a valid tradeoff for the advertising data that is mined. And people absolutely are not required to tell facebook anything they don't want to.

~Bang

Thank you so much, Larry...the only social media in this house is me on ES...husband is a tech guru and says, "NOOOOOOOOOOO" to me even posting his name here. Paranoia, maybe. But he knows that since I found my brethren, it's kinda different, and I can post some personal things. He still freaks out. No ****. These here internets can be used horrribly. He just cares about our safety online.

And for that people get the ability to show their friends something they liked.

Granted, most of the time that's a pretty stupid picture of some lolCat or a moronic meme explaining their rage for the day.. but in terms of business, it's a pretty cool tool.

I don't mind tha captioned animal pictures. Some of them are funny.

I've had to block some friends, though, because every single thing they post us some right wing untrue talking point. And I either have to point out that they're saying things that aren't true, and have every person I know listen to my half of the argument, or sit there and read their untrue talking point, and all the people telling each other how true it is, or block the guy.

I get on Facebook to get away from Tailgate. Not to expand it. Give me pictures of doggies with memes written on them any day.

And people absolutely are not required to tell facebook anything they don't want to.

~Bang

Disagree with that statement, though.

Facebook makes a deal with, say, NFL.com, to put one of those "f"s on their page, then I have to either never visit NFL.com again, or never use Facebook again AND clear tracking cookies regularly, or I have to lt them track me.

And no, they didn't ask my permission, and no, I didn't give them that information voluntarily.

I find it ironic that someone who can't stand the attention-whore nature of the tell-everyone-everything social networking trend right now....comes here and feels the need to start a thread detailing his personal feelings about said attention-whoring...

I don't mind tha captioned animal pictures. Some of them are funny.

I've had to block some friends, though, because every single thing they post us some right wing untrue talking point. And I either have to point out that they're saying things that aren't true, and have every person I know listen to my half of the argument, or sit there and read their untrue talking point, and all the people telling each other how true it is, or block the guy.

I get on Facebook to get away from Tailgate. Not to expand it. Give me pictures of doggies with memes written on them any day.

Disagree with that statement, though.

Facebook makes a deal with, say, NFL.com, to put one of those "f"s on their page, then I have to either never visit NFL.com again, or never use Facebook again AND clear tracking cookies regularly, or I have to lt them track me.

And no, they didn't ask my permission, and no, I didn't give them that information voluntarily.

the little F button can't transmit anything unless you click it.

You have to press like for it to recognize you, even if you're signed in to facebook (but off-site, like on NFL.com. Now if you link from facebook to NFL.com to read an article... that's different. It can track your visit with it's own cookie.) . It doesn't just record your visit, it doesn't know who you are unless you give it the prompt by clicking the f.

Even if it can recognize you, the answer is simple,, log out of facebook when you leave, and you won't be recognized until you log back in.

FTR<, my most favorite facebook follow is far and away George Takei.. he posts a lot of really funny things. He is good anti-tailgate balm.

~Bang

stay away from that **** and actually make a phone call, send a text (they can be done in masses these days), or an e-mail, IM, whatever...

The whole friggin' world doesn't need to know what you do, like or see, or ....I could go on about other stuff, but seriously...

People want govn't outta their lives. Live privately.

Good heavens someone just posted a barbecue pic on Facebook

And you clones hate this why!? How can you hate barbecue!?

Nobody(at least here in the South) hates barbeque...PM me the recipe, since this is the only way I can contact you! ROFL, and HAIL!

Archived