Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hightower back in Washington

Bigwayne13

We had to bring him back. If he's healthy he was easily the most talented and experienced RB left on the market. He can pass block well, catch, and was fitting into the system very well last year before he got hurt. Our RB corps is still quite thin, even with Hightower back. So I'm definitely glad that we picked him up.

Morris will most likely go to the PS now.

Not necessarily. Hightower could start the season on the PUP list, since we can afford to bring him along even more slowly and safely than usual.

But its definitely a possibility.

Great...now I definitely have no idea who to pick from the Skins for fantasy.

Just kidding, I never take backs from Shanahan's teams. Not since Davis.

This is good news. We have 4 backs, all with differences in their games that we can utilize, and use to spell each other. Hopefully injuries will be kept to a minimum.

For me at least, it' still kind of hard trying to figure out what happened to him from preseason-regular season. He looked like a 1,500 yard back in the prreseason, then as soon as the regular season hit, he fell off the face of the earth. Seemed to press too much. Hopefully things will be different this year with the new roster additions, and him being more comfortable with the offense, provided he can get back 100%

Love love love love love the move. Can block, run and catch. If the line run blocks as well as it started to towards the end of last season he can do some great things.

Agreed. Even if he isn't the starter...because he can do everything well, he is valuable depth at a position that requires depth.

---------- Post added May-14th-2012 at 12:41 AM ----------

JohnnyUtah....please post more often ;-)

For me at least, it' still kind of hard trying to figure out what happened to him from preseason-regular season. He looked like a 1,500 yard back in the prreseason, then as soon as the regular season hit, he fell off the face of the earth. Seemed to press too much. Hopefully things will be different this year with the new roster additions, and him being more comfortable with the offense, provided he can get back 100%

He got hurt. He hurt his shoulder versus either the Cardinals or the Cowboys, and then he kept it from the coaching staff, probably because he didn't want to face losing his job again like he had in Arizona. A couple weeks on the bench and he came on like gangbusters versus the Panthers, and then...well...yeah.

This is excellent news. Tim is a local guy who LOVES the Redskins and absolutely wants to be here. He is a leader and a great locker room guy that was hungry to prove himself before. Word is he's even hungrier now after his season was cut short. All I've heard is that he was as hard a worker at rehab as anyone ever was and I have no doubt he will push himself as well as the other RB's to be as good as they possibly can this year. If anyone takes Hightower's reps this year, they will have earned it, and that is a great thing.

Archived