Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hightower back in Washington

Bigwayne13

I think Helu proved himself enough last year to get the starting job. Helu has the threat to go all the way on every play. Hightower just doesn't have that big play ability. And from what I saw, he would have a few good runs in the first quarter, then it seemed like he just walked into the pile for the rest of the game. He's like the RB version of Rex. It's like he's a system RB, if the gap isn't where it's supposed to be, he's just lost. Helu sees holes and makes things happen (hurdle).

Well, there is no designated spot for a hole to be in the ZBS. It could be anywhere. And he ran quite well in the ZBS last year, so I'm not sure what you're basing this assessment on.

Espn said its a one year deal.

Glad to have him back. Tim's a good dude. Tough ball player.

---------- Post added May-14th-2012 at 11:13 AM ----------

Espn said its a one year deal.

Glad to have him back. Tim's a good dude. Tough ball player.

GREAT MOVE...puzzled, like many, why the negative comments. Can't ask for a better back when healthy. A true class act and a perfect for in the locker room.

that's because this is es dude... all the armchair gm's and qb's here love to complain about EVERYTHING.

I don't think they'd be happy otherwise. Hell, this team could win a SB and they'd probably STILL complain about not "deserving" it, or how it was "given" to "us" by the other teams' mistake(s). The longer I'm here, the more I grow to hate es/Redskin fans.

Which is strange, we're all supposed to be on the same side lol.

BTT, Great move, I love THT.

that's because this is es dude... all the armchair gm's and qb's here love to complain about EVERYTHING.

I don't think they'd be happy otherwise. Hell, this team could win a SB and they'd probably STILL complain about not "deserving" it, or how it was "given" to "us" by the other teams' mistake(s). The longer I'm here, the more I grow to hate es/Redskin fans.

Which is strange, we're all supposed to be on the same side lol.

BTT, Great move, I love THT.

Coming here after a win is brutal, I can only imagine how bad it would be after a SB win.

I don't understand why anyone would think this is bad. Do you remember what he was doing when he was healthy? Plus pass protection is going to be very important. This is actually a very good thing. Might not be good for players like Cooley and Santana though.

Because it's ES, and this 1-year minimum deal we're giving Hightower is OMG TEH MISTAKE!!! because we could use it instead on some undrafted scrub from <insert name of college I root for here>.

I swear, some people here won't be happy until 80 of our camp spots are reserved for UDFAs that they guarentee are "hidden gems."

The guy's got playoff and Super Bowl experience, excels in pass protection and has good receiving skills. Not a game-breaker, but I guy who can help as long as he's healthy.

It's not the end of the world that we didn't just turn over our entire backfield to Royster, Helu, and a rookie from the Sun Belt Conference that NO ONE here ever heard of until we drafted him.

During the off-season, I think fans forget about the possibility of injury. When was the last time the Skins went into the regular season and coasted til January with all of their starters from pre-season? Don't worry, I'll wait...

THT was our man last year. Looked like the clear-cut starter in the pre-season...then BOOM. Out for the season. Whew! Good thing we have depth!

Great move re-signing Tim.

Timmy will be back to his old self soon, if not already, and will contribute a great deal. A solid running game in something our QB needs to rely on and this guy will deliver quality carries and cut Pierre-Paul / Ware's legs out so that RG3 doesn't get destroyed before his prime. 3 yards and a cloud of dust will go a long way toward our success.

There is no doubt in my mind that Hightower is #1 on our depth chart, he is the best RB we have. If not for the injury last year then he would have ran for 1000 yrds

Agree 100% and I think a lot of people are missing this. They like to point to the fact that Helu looked better later in the season, but forget to realize that O-line and offense as a whole progressed and started to gel later. Hightower should go into training camp as the #1 and will probably start the season there. Not that this means much in a Shanahan offense, but they like him, and he's the most well rounded back on the team.

There is no doubt in my mind that Hightower is #1 on our depth chart, he is the best RB we have. If not for the injury last year then he would have ran for 1000 yrds

At the very least he will be in the rotation, and a committee of Hightower, Helu, and Royster is a nice 1-2-3 punch. If he is the starter so be it, but my guess is that the carries will be split 14-8-5 ish so THT will get his pt whether he is the number #1 or #2 guy.

He looked great in preseason. But in the regular season? I think both Helu and Royster outperformed him when they got their shots and they had a far more depleted team around them than Hightower had early last season.

I'm glad he's back to compete, but I'm still expecting Helu/Royster to be the starter.

Archived